Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I need to get better at chasing miles, I'm assuming the longer you do it the better you get.
Mistakes..... I've made a few.....
1) I had a load n go offer for beans I think it was buy a can and get 5 miles, so I bought 10 cans ( we like beans) thinking I would get 50 miles and I only got 5 air miles..... that was the first time I used load n go so I learned it's only for 1 item.
2) I didn't purchase enough of a product, I didn't realize I had to purchase multiples.
3) I bought the wrong size
4) I forgot to use a coupon ( read below)

My Blue Friday experience....
Got up and basically ran straight out of the house to drive to nearest Foodland 30 minutes away, left the house at 7:45
Bought most of the blue Friday items, cashed out then realized in the car I didn't get my miles for dish soap so went back in, they tell me I had the wrong size, (but the sign was in front of the wrong size so not entirely my fault), had them refund the incorrect ones and purchased correct size.... then halfway home I realized. I FORGOT TO USE THE COUPON FOR SPEND 100 GET 100, WTH!!!! It wouldn't have killed the check out girl to ask me "Hey do you have that coupon"........paper coupons are archaic, do we need to have paper coupons???..... I Spent $170 got 680 miles, (btw they only had 20 boxes of granola bars)....
Anyhow I was so annoyed with myself I remembered there was a Sobey's on the way home so I went there and bought most of the same stuff and this time used I the coupon. Needless to say I now have way to many potato chips, cookies, chicken noodle soup and summer fresh dips in my house..... (btw they only had 10 boxes of granola bars.)... I"m going to give a lot of the items to the food drive, like the chicken noodle soup and the cookies and give the granola bars out for Halloween (as someone suggested).....This time I spent $182 and got 655 airmiles.
The good thing is I do learn from my mistakes :)
Will this Blue Friday thing be ongoing for Ontario? This was my first time....

WOW, I'm glad i took the time to read this post! That is an AMAZING deal in this ol' lady's mind (my kids are forever telling me how old i am so it must be true :P ) I need to find the email coupon .. somewhere in this thread I'm hoping since my email is sitting at over 200 pieces to wade thru right now :crazy2: I have the same LnG offer and the offer for the gift card is also there as the "you don't need to load this one" so I'm gonna say, YES spend $50 get 200 AM as well as a $10 gift card AND the free CARP membership.
I will be stacking the $5 survey coupon too. Now I need to pick the right store for this attempt!

Just back from the trip and missed many bonus offers. I was able to shop 5 stores for the airmilesshop 1000 AM bonus offer. I missed the Blue Friday yesterday. Still have jet lag and was tired from first week of school work. Didn’t want to move my tired body to the 24/7 Foodland that’s 15-min ride away.

Congrats to all your successful AM hunting!! I would have to pick up the speed and won’t miss the Rexall deal this Sunday!

I need to get better at chasing miles, I'm assuming the longer you do it the better you get.
1) I had a load n go offer for beans I think it was buy a can and get 5 miles, so I bought 10 cans ( we like beans) thinking I would get 50 miles and I only got 5 air miles..... that was the first time I used load n go so I learned it's only for 1 item.
2) I didn't purchase enough of a product, I didn't realize I had to purchase multiples.

Got up and basically ran straight out of the house to drive to nearest Foodland 30 minutes away, left the house at 7:45
Bought most of the blue Friday items, cashed out then realized in the car I didn't get my miles for dish soap so went back in, they tell me I had the wrong size, (but the sign was in front of the wrong size so not entirely my fault), had them refund the incorrect ones and purchased correct size.... then halfway home I realized. I FORGOT TO USE THE COUPON FOR SPEND 100 GET 100, WTH!!!! It wouldn't have killed the check out girl to ask me "Hey do you have that coupon"........paper coupons are archaic, do we need to have paper coupons???..... I Spent $170 got 680 miles, (btw they only had 20 boxes of granola bars)....
Anyhow I was so annoyed with myself I remembered there was a Sobey's on the way home so I went there and bought most of the same stuff and this time used I the coupon. Needless to say I now have way to many potato chips, cookies, chicken noodle soup and summer fresh dips in my house..... (btw they only had 10 boxes of granola bars.)... I"m going to give a lot of the items to the food drive, like the chicken noodle soup and the cookies and give the granola bars out for Halloween (as someone suggested).....This time I spent $182 and got 655 airmiles.

Yes, I've made those mistakes as well. Have to watch those sizes!

When you stopped at the second Sobey's, you could have brought in your receipt from the first Sobey's and showed them the cashier forgot to apply the spend $100 get 100 air miles. They would have "made it right" by adding them manually to your card. Personally, I would keep the receipt in my wallet and stop in the first Sobey's I drive by next and ask for the air miles. I have had to bring back to my receipts a few days, a week later or so, to get them to add missing miles manually in the past.

Many people were reporting they spent $200+ on one shop and automatically received 200 bonus miles. Others were splitting their order into two $100+ shops and getting the 200 air miles that way (100 each shop).

Oh, something else I learned the hard way - never leave the store until you check over the receipt! I drive 20 minutes to Sobey's and Rexall's. Now I park myself and my grocery cart at the CS desk until I go over my receipt and make sure all the miles are there.

Last edited:

Where can I find the $50 email coupon for Rexall spend $50 get 50 Airmiles? Thank you

Page 705 - post 14092 for the coupon.

The flyer has a $50 gets 100 air miles.

The $50 get $50 is a load and go offer. I put the address below. I don't recall if it needed a sign-up/registration... I just plug in my air miles # and it shows me my Rexall offers.

https://loadandgo.airmiles.ca/#/guest/login

That's me,,I have 4 cans of Habitant soup sitting in my cupboard and was so fed up last time I bought one and didn't get the *my offer bonus* that I tried airmiles chat. I come to find out that I have to buy 2 can to get the airmiles.It took me 5 tries but I finally got 10 airmiles for purchasing 2 can at the same time. I am finding the fine print in these promotions is super important. Hugs to you!
I think this was the second Blue Friday for us in Ontario and I hope they have more.
Airmiles sure does have some learning curves to it. Like *Disney Addicted* I too hang around the customer service desk after my purchase and review my receipt.
Hugs Mel

@Dylemma1 We have all made those mistakes. One of the great things about this group(and there are many) are the stories shared of success and fail on the AM hunt, we all learn from each other. I find that since I've gone tech with flyers, coupons etc I make more errors. I used to have everything written out on paper and would have it laid out in a way that was logical to how I wanted to shop. Yesterday I actually went back to that and still could have done better. My problem yesterday was bringing my DD along. She needs groceries for university and has no idea what she wants. She just rushed and distracted me. I'm pretty sure bringing spouses and children(even adult ones) has been discussed and the conclusion was DON'T DO IT. Had my DD not been with me I would have been able to do two transactions of $100 and would have totally finished my shopping for this week. Turned out that I spent around $140 and came home without my weekly staples....fruit, veg, milk etc. I could have easily come up with that extra $60 and at least an extra 100 AM.

Here in Ontario we've only had one previous Blue Friday. It was a year ago, also early September, but it was a very tiny one. There might have been 5 items. This was the first time that we had one like they get out west. I hope it becomes a regular thing but once a month would be too much for me.

I too do not leave the store without checking my receipt. I've caught many errors and customer service can fix it much faster and easier than having to go through AM directly. Also, keep all receipts and even flyers until the miles are posted to your account. Makes it easier later on if you have that documentation and need to send a missing miles request to AM.

Just wanted to let everyone know the "Happy Any Day" discounted merchandise is up already.

The computer I'm saving for on my husband's card is discounted but we only have half the miles needed so far. They discounted it another 1,820 since I redeemed for it last November on my card for my son's Christmas present.

Who knew Samsung would come out with a gorgeous shade of liliac on their phones?! LOL I love particular shades of purple. I'm tempted to switch from Apple to Android just for a liliac colored phone. :) But... I really want that computer. PLus, again, not enough air miles yet.

Oh, I double-checked Disney, Universal and Blue Man Group tickets just-in-case... But no, like the Duck said, they are not discounted.

Thankfully our Sobeys is 24hrs! Not as good as bababear_50 but spent $85 and got 294 AM. Realizing this morning I should have pushed to get $100 for the extra 100 AM but my DH might have killed me.
Silly question but the rexall offer, that's not just for seniors is it?

Hi Hon
Nope the Rexall offer is open to anyone,,if you want a CARP (Canadian Association Retired Person) card then you could get one however I think you have to be a certain age,,not sure what it is. It's just an added bonus for some. I think the regular one year membership with CARP is around 20.00.
http://www.carp.ca/living-well/
plus Rexall just started offering a discount (I think 20%) to CARP members.

Hugs Mel

Thankfully our Sobeys is 24hrs! Not as good as bababear_50 but spent $85 and got 294 AM. Realizing this morning I should have pushed to get $100 for the extra 100 AM but my DH might have killed me.
Silly question but the rexall offer, that's not just for seniors is it?

Rexall promo is not just for Seniors. The CARP part of it is but the $50 get 100AM is anyone.

Hi all, I'm trying to finish up the Air Miles Shops back-to-school promo this weekend. I know, very last minute, you all had it done weeks ago, but I was away for most of August and this past week since we got back was crazy busy, so I'm just getting to it now.

I'm looking buying an item that's on pre-order and wouldn't ship for 5-6 weeks. Does anyone know if the Air Miles posting would be back-dated to today when the item finally ships? ie. Is it the date that I place the order that matters, or the date that the order is processed / shipped?

I'm not sure I'll chance it, but I'm curious anyway.

I like reading about your stories.
Your tips have been invaluable. The tip about hanging around the customer service desk while you check your bill is a good one, I thought I was being smart by checking in the car (in the past I would check when I got home) but I like your idea better.
You guys rock!
Maybe next summer we can have a get together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter