Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just an FYI for those that get the Foodland "we miss you" bonus AM offer for your next purchase....it showed up on my receipt as "Spend 5 get 190 Bonus Miles"...so it looks like there is a minimum, however I don't recall the terms and conditions mentioning a limit. I ended up spending $30, so I received my 190 AM.

Just an FYI for those that get the Foodland "we miss you" bonus AM offer for your next purchase....it showed up on my receipt as "Spend 5 get 190 Bonus Miles"...so it looks like there is a minimum, however I don't recall the terms and conditions mentioning a limit. I ended up spending $30, so I received my 190 AM.
No, you don't need to spend $5. I bought a chocolate bar and got it, no problem. There is also a FB group who were discussing this as well and someone there posted a receipt for less than $5 with AM's showing as received to prove this point. Her receipt said the same thing about Spend 5 so I think it is just a quirk.

Not my receipt, copied from the FB group.

Anyone know how many liters of regular gas I need to purchase from Shell to get 1 AM? I have the offer to make 1 AM for 3 weeks and get 50 AM's but the only way I will be able todo this is if I get the least amount of gas each week.

Anyone know how many liters of regular gas I need to purchase from Shell to get 1 AM? I have the offer to make 1 AM for 3 weeks and get 50 AM's but the only way I will be able todo this is if I get the least amount of gas each week.

This is what I am going to do.(In store purchase).

Collect at least 1 Mile per week on fuel or in‑store purchases for 3 consecutive weeks. Get a total of 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles.1

Get 5 AIR MILES Bonus Miles with the purchase of 2 participating Cadbury, Maynards or Dentyne products

Hugs
Mel

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/air-miles/every-day-air-miles.html

@bgula ,If you want to call try the "Others have reported receiving theirs earlier in August" line. Maybe they will do something about it. Did each of your individual offers post?

Does anyone have a link to the offers for the June Bonus Boom? I didn't keep good enough records. I do have 3 partners and what I spent and I did get AM for Shell and the 125 for spending >$200 on my BMO.

I called American Express today to cancel my Platinum AM card. I rarely use it, and since they upped their fee, and haven't had any good promos with it lately, it wasn't worth the fee. (I use my MC mainly). Anyways, the agent suggested I bump down to the no fee gold card, and since I've never had the no fee gold card, I'm eligible for the bonus 500 am if I spend 500 in 3 month. :thumbsup2

Not sure if that's been mentioned here before, but if you're thinking of cancelling, just switch and get the bonus!

Does anyone have a link to the offers for the June Bonus Boom? I didn't keep good enough records. I do have 3 partners and what I spent and I did get AM for Shell and the 125 for spending >$200 on my BMO.
I didn't track the whole promotion but the other two I did were use 95 Cash AM at Foodland and Sobeys get 25AM.

There was a gatorade offer at Sobeys buy a 6 pack get 15AM, a gas offer at Shell for 15AM. That's all I've been able to find. Hopefully others will report what they did and you should be able to piece it together.

Last edited:
I have done all of the air miles card churning promos for both mine and DH’s cards back around 2016 when I found this thread. American Express, Mastercard, sobeys mastercard, etc. I think they paid for two of our wdw passes when they were only 3500 miles.

Those were the days! Lol
Same with us. But we started with the platinum, that was our first card. So I guess since we didn't get the gold card first, we were able to drop down to it, and get the bonus. I guess we'll see after 3 months anyways! LOL I know they record those calls so would be easy to prove the agent said we'd get the 500 bonus am.

Yeah, those were the days! Combined with the no expiry 30% Canadian Disney tickets you could order, AM was awesome then.

I am wondering if the Foodland flyer has an error in it. The Blue Bonus in the Sobeys flyer has the chips at 3/$7.98 and you need to buy 9 for the 95 AM. In the Foodland flyer, the offer states the same price, but you only need to buy 6 for 95 AM.

Look
I am wondering if the Foodland flyer has an error in it. The Blue Bonus in the Sobeys flyer has the chips at 3/$7.98 and you need to buy 9 for the 95 AM. In the Foodland flyer, the offer states the same price, but you only need to buy 6 for 95 AM.

Yeah I noticed that too.
Hmmmm let's hope it's buy 6 get 95 airmiles.
Hugs
Mel

Hey All

I didn’t read back so sorry if this is a repeat but I got a deal at Sobeys reminiscent of the pickle deal from a couple years back.

I was doing tacos for my teens and their buddies last night and I bought the promotion Old El Paso kits with the shells, tortillas and bowls that they’ve had this summer. They were clearing them out for $2.49 down from$13.99 but I noticed this morning that they still came with 40 AMs.

Alas when i went back this morning my store was out but if anyone in Ontario can find them I figured that’s about $1.70 back for each $1.00 spent not including any additional promos or gift card AMs from last week.

Hey All

I didn’t read back so sorry if this is a repeat but I got a deal at Sobeys reminiscent of the pickle deal from a couple years back.

I was doing tacos for my teens and their buddies last night and I bought the promotion Old El Paso kits with the shells, tortillas and bowls that they’ve had this summer. They were clearing them out for $2.49 down from$13.99 but I noticed this morning that they still came with 40 AMs.

Alas when i went back this morning my store was out but if anyone in Ontario can find them I figured that’s about $1.70 back for each $1.00 spent not including any additional promos or gift card AMs from last week.

I got one of these last week, it was only marked down to 9.99 or something in my store, but I figured with the 40AM it was like it was $5, and I needed taco kits anyway. I would have gotten way more if they were $2.49!

They were marked down to $7.99 in my store but I had bought some when they were on promo a couple of months back so I passed them by. I think the ones I bought had a mid-sept best before date.

We stopped at a Foodland on our way up to Horseshoe Valley for our tiny getaway, which other than a few cleaning issues (that have NOTHING to do with COVID, and everything to do with my snobery and what i think should be cleaned in a hotel!!) was awesomesauce! Wonderful room, gorgeous views and perfectly quiet, to pick up some of the rice crackers & granola bars that were in last week's flyer and OMG, we made off like bandits!
Spent $18.69 and walked out with 202 miles 😱 they PAID us to buy those things!! We stopped at another Foodland to get the actual groceries we needed and picked up more rice crackers cause who can turn down 100 miles for 18.69? The extra miles the first time were for a targeted spend anything get 95 and 7 miles on the granola bars.

I went to Shell today to do the Shell GO 50AM offer for this week. I picked up 3 Gatorades for $5. DS1 is moving so they were used this afternoon by the under 30's. I couldn't remember whose card I had the offer for so I put it on my card. Checked when I got home and it turns out I am the only one who did not get the offer.

Oh well, I'll stop in tomorrow and get some more on the correct card. They will disappear before noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter