Airmiles Armchair Chatter

It looks like AM has noticed that I haven't been using my AM card much since the pandemic began (been doing online groceries with PC Express)...today I got a "We Miss You" email with an offer for Foodland to buy anything in the store and get 190 AM. It's tempting..but I think I would rather have $20 in free groceries than 190 AM, since we don't know when (or if) we will be returning to WDW or DL.
Mine is buy anything get 50. I like your offer much better.

It looks like AM has noticed that I haven't been using my AM card much since the pandemic began (been doing online groceries with PC Express)...today I got a "We Miss You" email with an offer for Foodland to buy anything in the store and get 190 AM. It's tempting..but I think I would rather have $20 in free groceries than 190 AM, since we don't know when (or if) we will be returning to WDW or DL.
I hear you..im in the same boat..but go buy a 1$ chocolate bar and get 20$ worth of AM..but only if foodland is close.
We just did this twice with Sobeys fot 95AM each time..ok ours was kawartha ice cream.but yumm.

I hear you..im in the same boat..but go buy a 1$ chocolate bar and get 20$ worth of AM..but only if foodland is close.
We just did this twice with Sobeys fot 95AM each time..ok ours was kawartha ice cream.but yumm.

I believe you have to spend $5 to trigger the offer (at least that's how it showed up when I had one). But maybe your offer is even better than mine was :)

Yes well my hairstylist is still ill with Covid and now we noticed that their shop location is up for lease so I am on the look out for a new hairstylist. The person who cut hair there and did the highlights is working from her home so I may try her out. My friend is thinking of going to her so I will see how it goes first then make up my mind. It may be better the person you know right now then trying out somebody new. I heard that you have to wash your hair at home now and they don't blow dry it for you just get a basic cut.
I have a good update on my hairstylist. I went searching google today for his name and I found an article from July 22 from Michael Garron Hospital in Toronto and it said he had had it bad and was actually on a ventilator but he is out of ICU now and in rehab. It will be a long haul to recovery for him. At the beginning he was unable to move but now he can move and eat on his own. I am so happy to read this.

Our Foodland isn't far but it would mean going into the store...The only store I have been in since the pandemic started was a small local appliance store because we had to buy a new washer and dryer (ours died). I was in and out in 20 minutes - asked to see what was in stock and signed the paperwork and was done.

Tomorrow I'm off to a quilt shop and will be passing by a Foodland. I have the Buy almost anything and get 50 miles offer. My daughter has it as well. So I'll pop in and grab some boxes of Smart Catelli (on sale for .99 cents) on one card, and 2 bottles of ketchup ($2.99 for 1L) on the other card.

Good morning everyone! Awhile ago I had a BMO offer for 15AMs if I loaded an offer on the app. It posted this morning.

Also yesterday I headed to Sobeys to buy some canned soup - a great deal at 50 cents apiece. Got my 50 AMs for buying anything. :)

I got 50 am from BMO for something I dont remember. Apparently I haven't been keeping good track.

Going to us my miles for one night near the Toronto zoo and entrance for 2 to the zoo. Biggest expense will be boarding my dog for two days. Nice little trip before school starts.

I had 40 AM from BMO post as well. I had an offer to spend $750 within about a weeks time to get it. I opted in but didn’t think I spent that much that week. I’ll take it though!

Well I went to Sobeys, they are sure emptying shelves, but I got over 100 AM for less than $80, some stuff I wanted wasn't in stock, but now I had about $50 left on the gift card.

And I ordered the Toronto zoo tickets, didn't pay attention, I thought they would be electronic but apparently they are mailing them so... I guess I'll have some tickets to the zoo to use later as well. Oops!

1598722001639.png

August 28, 2020

DREAM REDEMPTION BMO OFFER
+150

I think this is from a buy any reward get 150 airmiles,,to be honest I can't remember....lol.
Hugs Mel

another thread got me thinking again about what kind of air miles i should set my account to, so i thought i’d check in with all of you...cash or dream? have you changed from one to the other since covid?

for me, i have always set my account at 100% dream, with the odd change just to build up enough cash for bonus events. i have a small pile of dream, and i’m not sure if it would be better to keep building (to pay off a hotel stay and/or flights in the future) or to switch and build a small pile of cash too.

another thread got me thinking again about what kind of air miles i should set my account to, so i thought i’d check in with all of you...cash or dream? have you changed from one to the other since covid?

for me, i have always set my account at 100% dream, with the odd change just to build up enough cash for bonus events. i have a small pile of dream, and i’m not sure if it would be better to keep building (to pay off a hotel stay and/or flights in the future) or to switch and build a small pile of cash too.

I had mine set to dream for YEARS! I have cashed in for a cruise; 2 computers; a tablet; Universal Studios Orlando AP passes; a Gatorland AP pass; and 4 tickets to MNSSHP. Before those I cashed in for tickets for family day trips to Lion's African Safari, the Toronto Zoo, things like that.

After our Florida trip this past August, I changed both mine and my husband's account to cash miles. Now when I spend them on groceries, I take that money out of grocery money and put it into a separate account for a future vacation. I want to be able to use them on any part of vacation I want without restrictions or it not being offered, which is why I switched to cash miles.

I switched my account to cash after I hit a total of 30 000 AM earlier this summer. I will treat my cash AM the same way as my PC points, transfer the cash value to our vacation account when I redeem them.

i like this idea :) was there any reason you picked 30,000 as the cap for your dream rewards?

I had mine set to dream for YEARS! I have cashed in for a cruise; 2 computers; a tablet; Universal Studios Orlando AP passes; a Gatorland AP pass; and 4 tickets to MNSSHP. Before those I cashed in for tickets for family day trips to Lion's African Safari, the Toronto Zoo, things like that.

After our Florida trip this past August, I changed both mine and my husband's account to cash miles. Now when I spend them on groceries, I take that money out of grocery money and put it into a separate account for a future vacation. I want to be able to use them on any part of vacation I want without restrictions or it not being offered, which is why I switched to cash miles.

i also like the flexibility of transferring $$ to a separate account. especially since dream rewards have roughly the same value as cash. thanks for sharing :)

Mine are 100% cash. I have been saying for years that, for us, putting the cash into a separate account works best as we are not locked into things like having to use them at Disney.
I was collecting some the other way for a long time for flights however now that we can no longer fly out of our city to TO having them set to cash will allow us to use them for Via Rail to get to TO. After our last experience I am not sure I would go back to flying even if they bring back the flights. The train was very comfortable and easy.
I will add that I have 11,000 in my Dream account so if something does come up that I want they are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter