• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I went to Dollarama the day things opened up, they are right beside the pet store I also needed. There was a long line checking out but it moved fast. Next door is a Marshall's and there were a good 20+ people waiting to get in there! Not sure if that is still the case. I think it depends where you go. The Canadian Tire in Barrhaven had a line up but go to the one on Merivale and no line! Guess location matters? I just remember thinking there was too much traffic, I don't miss fighting traffic when I want to go somewhere. I will need to go back, probably on the weekend. I'm on vacation next week and I want to see if there is anything fun for kiddo and I to do.

We had a big all staff meeting today, over 200 people in my directorate, about "what will the workplace look like" and it was interesting. 80% of people want to work at home and have no reason they have to be in the building. It's nice they are listening to the employees and will be working to accommodate things, setting up "hoteling" stations at work with bookings so you can schedule time to go in. And... we will get to go get our personal items!!! I miss my nice boots, I mostly left a lot of shoes and a work mug when we came home and haven't been back.

Any way, not AM related but interesting to note that the future will change but maybe some of these things will remain. Hopefully not line ups to get into stores, though it's nice to shop without crowds. I do tend to feel guilty if I take too long, knowing others are waiting to get in.

Hi Hon
I went into work (school) today to clean out stuff and pick up some stuff I am going to store at home.
Yeah about 8 of us started chatting about how things have changed so much and what the future is going to look like for all of us.
Everyone agreed that we all have different comfort levels when thinking about going back into a work environment.
There seems to be an incredible amount of people leaving our Board. I guess the Pandemic has made a lot of people
evaluate their current jobs.
Like you I grabbed my favorite mug and hoodie that I left many months ago.
Life has changed but life goes on.
Hope you get to do some fun Retail Therapy soon.
Hugs
Mel

This is only slightly related to Airmiles, I'm looking for some input on our 2022 trip, you know, the one that will be 4 weeks, YES a full MONTH long!! Hubby is sick of being stuck at home and wants an extended break, who am I to question that :P

Planning to use the personal shopper to get an AP (they better be available by then!), used the formula someone figured out late 2019 of 14.2 miles/1 USD, bumped the 2019 price of $1,200 to $1,400 and that comes in around 19,880 miles. Currently have 12,572 and surprisingly, we have earn over 6,000 since January so it is doable.

Input on where to stay? Any suggestions are more than welcome both on and off-site so long as the following wants are able to be accommodated. Not against splitting the stay but really prefer not moving repeatedly.
  • King-sized bed is a MUST!
  • Quiet resort/hotel or at least locations that aren't screaming in your face
  • Kitchen facilities - at the least bigger than a bar fridge and a microwave
  • Off-site we wouldn't want to have a wickedly long drive. Won't be going to the parks very often AP mainly for parking and a quick pop into a park for food, but we will be eating most, if not all, of our meals on-site due to my stupid allergies

no real advice, but a month-long trip sounds like an absolute dream! i don’t have any plans of my own for a next visit, so i am already looking forward to living vicariously through the planning steps :)

i’m very interested to see how you decide to go with lodging. i think an AP room discount would probably be cheaper $$ wise than a dvc rental, but i don’t know if you could get a king and a kitchenette or better. off site would certainly be cheaper, but then you would spend a lot of time going back and forth for meals.

This is only slightly related to Airmiles, I'm looking for some input on our 2022 trip, you know, the one that will be 4 weeks, YES a full MONTH long!! Hubby is sick of being stuck at home and wants an extended break, who am I to question that :P

Planning to use the personal shopper to get an AP (they better be available by then!), used the formula someone figured out late 2019 of 14.2 miles/1 USD, bumped the 2019 price of $1,200 to $1,400 and that comes in around 19,880 miles. Currently have 12,572 and surprisingly, we have earn over 6,000 since January so it is doable.

Input on where to stay? Any suggestions are more than welcome both on and off-site so long as the following wants are able to be accommodated. Not against splitting the stay but really prefer not moving repeatedly.
  • King-sized bed is a MUST!
  • Quiet resort/hotel or at least locations that aren't screaming in your face
  • Kitchen facilities - at the least bigger than a bar fridge and a microwave
  • Off-site we wouldn't want to have a wickedly long drive. Won't be going to the parks very often AP mainly for parking and a quick pop into a park for food, but we will be eating most, if not all, of our meals on-site due to my stupid allergies
Look at Windsor Hills for a rental, it's a gated community and quite close to WDW apparently. It's quite popular in my Disney FB groups.

Heads up re Shell Meal Deal (coke /water ,sandwich ,sub. hamburger and chips) =35 Airmiles
There is a maximum purchase of 1 meal deal in a 12 hour time limit.
I bought two them yesterday and only got credit for one ,,,, when I did Airmiles CHAT they informed me of this change.
View attachment 583881
Hugs
Mel
I saw the 12hr thing in another shell promo recently…maybe the one about saving pennies on each litre?

Anyone else noticing a different log in page for AM at the moment. I might just be my computer not loading it properly but it won't let me log out? Log in is at the bottom of the page.

Weird?

Anyone else noticing a different log in page for AM at the moment. I might just be my computer not loading it properly but it won't let me log out? Log in is at the bottom of the page.

Weird?

I just checked and it;s working normal for me.
So sorry Hon.
Hugs
Mel

Yep I was checking the Travel portal yesterday....
just 5,000 more to go for me.............:faint::upsidedow
How many sandwich deals at Shell would that be I wonder?
I am wondering how to stock pile some more AM in the next couple of months as well.

I am trying to co-ordinate a big birthday surprise for DH's 50th with a trip to Nascar in Daytona...and while we are there we might as well take all three big adult kids and visit DW and Universal :rolleyes1 :rotfl: ;) I would love to use our AM to pay for hotels for the week!!!! So I'm now digging deep into planning to see if I can pull off 2 big trips for us next year.

Tomorrow's shop
Game plan ,,,, get there bright and early
I am going to do my monthly food drive donation (Quaker oatmeal products) and
maybe a couple of the Clorox wipes 30 packs ,I like having them in the car.
Hugs
Mel

I am so off my game! just noticed that I have an offer on my secondary card to get 200 miles just to shop at foodland/sobeys and it expires tomorrow 😱 glanced thru my email and I got that at the end of May! I guess I need to stop on my way home from the city tomorrow and see what I can pick up from the smallest grocery store ever!

I am so off my game! just noticed that I have an offer on my secondary card to get 200 miles just to shop at foodland/sobeys and it expires tomorrow 😱 glanced thru my email and I got that at the end of May! I guess I need to stop on my way home from the city tomorrow and see what I can pick up from the smallest grocery store ever!
Anything - I think it shows up at spend 0.25 get 200 miles so buy a chocolate bar or a pack of gum or a bag of chips or even just a piece of fruit.

Anyone else get a Feb. Bonus Boom posted? I don't remember it but I'll take the 95 AM's.

ETA-Looks like my BMO US credit card changed the AM's as well. Used to get 1 for ever $20, now it's 1 for every $25. :(

Wait a minute, you get AM on your BMO US CC. I didn't know they had one. We have a regular US CC. I'm going to have to switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter