• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I’ve received a few of those cardlink 100 mile offers but still being posted to the old account. At some point I’m going to have to phone them and get the miles transferred. Maybe then they can unlink my account.

I’ve lost track of what miles I’m due. I feel like there is at least one offer outstanding 🤷🏻‍♀️

I knew it was worth waiting until Dec 1 to get gas :D now that I do really need it I can get some AM for the purchase!
Same. I put $10 in yesterday just to get me through to today/tomorrow.

30x this weekend, plus December offer: 3/30L = 50 miles, then 4/30L =100 miles for my account.
DH's account has the 30x, plus December offer: 1/30L = 25 miles, then 2/30L = 75 miles (100 miles total)

He held off filling his work van until Monday, so that will be 90 or 120 miles from that as well.

Same. I put $10 in yesterday just to get me through to today/tomorrow.

30x this weekend, plus December offer: 3/30L = 50 miles, then 4/30L =100 miles for my account.
DH's account has the 30x, plus December offer: 1/30L = 25 miles, then 2/30L = 75 miles (100 miles total)

He held off filling his work van until Monday, so that will be 90 or 120 miles from that as well.
I have the same offer as you, but I will be lucky to fill up twice in December. I just never need much gas, they keep upping how many times I have to fill up to get the bonuses. Oh well. I also have some cash miles to redeem towards the gas which is helpful, save the bank account a bit :) and I think I get 10 back every time I redeem for $10

I filled up yesterday to get the extra 50 (150 total) AM for the 5th(?) fill up in November-thanks DD! I'm good now until January probably, but will go in and buy a gift card if they are eligible.

Added: I see that Shell gift cards are not eligible. Is that always the case?

We're coming up on a full year of no Shell fill-up offers for us now - think the last one we had was in January. I've done everything I can to force them to happen again - deleted the Shell app, reinstalled it, deleted my Shell account and created a new one with one of my other emails (I have 4), chatted with Airmiles & Shell, nothing matters. Le sigh, not like we generate many miles from them anyways, might fill the car up twice a month if we go see Arthur. November was a 1 fill month

Well they took the AM for my SW tickets, so that's good. Now to wait for the tickets. At least that's taken care of though! And I got gas, earned a few airmiles and cashed in $30. Saves my wallet a bit and I still have some cash AM left. I look forward to it all being one pool though, then I can decide on the fly what I want to do with them.

Now it's just 12 days to Disney. I really can't wait. Work just took a big jump, a project I joined in August that was just chugging along is suddenly a priority and we've missed all the deadlines to get things done for when it's needed, but we didn't have permission to talk to all the people we needed to until last week. Ugh. Any way, I'm sure it'll be fine but now it's all hectic and while I didn't like it being super slow, it's a little too much of a shift. I'm going to really need that vacation.

Well they took the AM for my SW tickets, so that's good. Now to wait for the tickets. At least that's taken care of though! And I got gas, earned a few airmiles and cashed in $30. Saves my wallet a bit and I still have some cash AM left. I look forward to it all being one pool though, then I can decide on the fly what I want to do with them.

Now it's just 12 days to Disney. I really can't wait. Work just took a big jump, a project I joined in August that was just chugging along is suddenly a priority and we've missed all the deadlines to get things done for when it's needed, but we didn't have permission to talk to all the people we needed to until last week. Ugh. Any way, I'm sure it'll be fine but now it's all hectic and while I didn't like it being super slow, it's a little too much of a shift. I'm going to really need that vacation.
I will be coming home on the 12th…you heading down that day?

I’ve looked at those a few times but they seemed difficult to use, how did you find them?
You can’t book online using them, you have to go into the station to redeem for your tickets. That was a negative but not enough to bother me. Also, online I can book Via Rail with UP connected, which I need to get to the airport. You can’t do that at the station so you have to go into the Up site to purchase those tickets and Via Rail gift cards aren’t excepted there. Another annoying point but not a big deal. If I can get them, that saves me a lot.

ETA—I used $1200 on Via Rail tickets in February with no issues.

I didn't even know about the bonus fill up today - I was lucky enough to fill up - and NOT have it saved as an offer - and still awarded the miles!!!! I'll take that! I'll have to see if dh needs a fill since we came home from Edmonton last weekend - he must be getting close now. Maybe a few more miles into the bucket!!!!

1701492869081.png

I didn't even know about the bonus fill up today - I was lucky enough to fill up - and NOT have it saved as an offer - and still awarded the miles!!!! I'll take that! I'll have to see if dh needs a fill since we came home from Edmonton last weekend - he must be getting close now. Maybe a few more miles into the bucket!!!!

View attachment 814992
That's not the 30X offer for this weekend....this weekend is a flash offer. What you got looks like the regular monthly offer for Shell Go+.
Do the opt in for the flash offer anyway. It should still work as long as you opt in before Dec 3rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter