• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Hello all,

We are going to Disneyland in March and flying out of LAX at the end. We were planning to use Disneyland Resort Express so that we didn’t need a car seat but saw that they are ending service. Can anybody suggest any other options for a one way service that is available that will either provide car seats or for which car seats are not legally required (which as I understand it is only full size buses in CA)?

Thanks!
Lansky Car Service provides car seats and booster seats upon request. Reviews for Lansky's are very good on this board. Posters here have said that the car seats/boosters were new/near new and in very good condition. Another option, if you kids are old enough for boosters, is to use travel booster seats like Mifold or Bubblebum (see Amazon.com for good prices). Both of those can be used with Uber/Lyft and can be stored easily in a tote bag/backpack when not in use.

Has anyone used Anaheim town car service before ? Are they reliable and trust worthy. I feel it would be quicker for us to do town car over the Disney Land Shuttle buses. Tell me your thoughts and experiences
I have not used that service, but many people here like Lansky's Car Service. You will find good reviews in this superthread.

Isn't there a new "pick up terminal" near Terminal 1 now? I thought Uber and Lyft can't pick up directly at the curb anymore.
LAX is the airport with the new pick up area. The post I was responding to was for LGB :)

We land at SNA at 1:30 pm on 12/26. 4 people with 4 carry on sized bags and probably one larger bag ( trip is 10 days.) Have really been driving myself nuts trying to find the most economical and comfortable way to get to the DLH. Seems like it would be Uber or Lyft; however I have never used them before lol. Could use a cab, but never used them either lol.

Dont necessarily have a personal problem with them, just hate not knowing what to do. Not sure if I will do something wrong with my ignorance lol. The weird things we fixate on.

We land at SNA at 1:30 pm on 12/26. 4 people with 4 carry on sized bags and probably one larger bag ( trip is 10 days.) Have really been driving myself nuts trying to find the most economical and comfortable way to get to the DLH. Seems like it would be Uber or Lyft; however I have never used them before lol. Could use a cab, but never used them either lol.

Dont necessarily have a personal problem with them, just hate not knowing what to do. Not sure if I will do something wrong with my ignorance lol. The weird things we fixate on.
If you do Uber or Lyft I recommend requesting and XL vehicle with that much luggage.

Download both Uber and Lyft apps on your phone and sign in to each of them. They will alert you that you have a discounted first ride.

After you get your baggage, go to the ride share spot (there's signs, I believe). Open each of the apps, and enter in your destination. It will tell you the expected fare. Choose the lower one between the two companies for the size of vehicle you want. Or choose based on your airline milage points carrier. The price won't change for the ride while you are on it. Click "request ride." In a minute or so, it will tell you to look for make, model, color of car, with license plate number, a picture of the driver, and how far away they are (along with a map). When the vehicle shows up, they usually ask if I'm Mimi going to address, but not always; it's becoming more common. I confirm license plate, and that the driver looks like the picture.

They usually load my bags for me. I always get into the back passenger-side seat, but with 4 people, someone will end up in front (usually my Hubs, if he's with me). I screenshot and send the info to my "safe person" (our adult daughter that doesn't travel with us) just in case. The app will tell you the most direct route (they will follow this route; they sometimes have 2 options, in which case they ask me if I have a preference). The app will continue to follow the car on a map the whole trip, along with how far to your destination.

When you arrive at your destination, I do a quick stealth picture of where I've been sitting; there used to be some unscrupulous drives that would charge "cleaning fees" so it's just a little way to cover yourself. They unload the luggage, and wish you well. About 5 minutes later, you'll get a notice from the app that your ride has been completed. Open the app, rate the driver, add a tip of you believe they earned it, and click to complete the transaction.

It's really easy, and the apps work the same.

Download both Uber and Lyft apps on your phone and sign in to each of them. They will alert you that you have a discounted first ride.

After you get your baggage, go to the ride share spot (there's signs, I believe). Open each of the apps, and enter in your destination. It will tell you the expected fare. Choose the lower one between the two companies for the size of vehicle you want. Or choose based on your airline milage points carrier. The price won't change for the ride while you are on it. Click "request ride." In a minute or so, it will tell you to look for make, model, color of car, with license plate number, a picture of the driver, and how far away they are (along with a map). When the vehicle shows up, they usually ask if I'm Mimi going to address, but not always; it's becoming more common. I confirm license plate, and that the driver looks like the picture.

They usually load my bags for me. I always get into the back passenger-side seat, but with 4 people, someone will end up in front (usually my Hubs, if he's with me). I screenshot and send the info to my "safe person" (our adult daughter that doesn't travel with us) just in case. The app will tell you the most direct route (they will follow this route; they sometimes have 2 options, in which case they ask me if I have a preference). The app will continue to follow the car on a map the whole trip, along with how far to your destination.

When you arrive at your destination, I do a quick stealth picture of where I've been sitting; there used to be some unscrupulous drives that would charge "cleaning fees" so it's just a little way to cover yourself. They unload the luggage, and wish you well. About 5 minutes later, you'll get a notice from the app that your ride has been completed. Open the app, rate the driver, add a tip of you believe they earned it, and click to complete the transaction.

thank you very much for that guide!
though I doubt I’ll use Uber in the foreseeable future but it never hurts to know how to do it...

Thank you very much. This is super helpful and relieves some stress from my worrying.

I would take a taxi.... walk out of the terminal and they are right there. The dispatcher will get you a suv or van, so you will be comfortable. It is the same price and you won't have to hike to the pick-up area or worry about squeezing in a small car or surge prices, etc.
The taxis are right there ! It is truly the easiest option.

In my experience, taxis are typically higher. I also like that you know how much your ride will cost In Advance with rideshare.

I just called super shuttle and apparantly they are not going out of business and in the process of being sold, they think john wayne will not be affected. but they will know for sure in jan
Did they say anything about Long Beach?

In my experience, taxis are typically higher. I also like that you know how much your ride will cost In Advance with rideshare.
The taxi price is pretty close to the Uber XL pricing from SNA to Disneyland (Harbor Hotels, etc). It is definitely cheaper if you need a regular uber but the premium for XL means the price is much closer. And if you have that much luggage you can request a minivan or SUV taxi.

Hello all,

We are going to Disneyland in March and flying out of LAX at the end. We were planning to use Disneyland Resort Express so that we didn’t need a car seat but saw that they are ending service. Can anybody suggest any other options for a one way service that is available that will either provide car seats or for which car seats are not legally required (which as I understand it is only full size buses in CA)?

Thanks!

We just booked with Midwilshuttle for this exact reason! They provide car seats. They book in one way segments. For six people one way it was $110. For four people return it was $85

Does anyone know what Lansky cancellation policy is? Not planning on cancelling but weather or other things do come up...is there a 24 hour policy?

So I just found out Super Shuttle and the Disneyland Express are both out for our early January trip. Not a fan of Uber or Lyft, and I looked at Karmel and it appears that they want $240 for 3 people (there and back). Our trip is very short (Wed. night we arrive at LAX - till late Saturday night, we leave from LAX) and it appears that a rental car for the duration of our stay is $95. I would have to change our room rate to include parking but that still only adds about $30 to the reservation. Not overly thrilled with LA traffic and driving - but are there any other options?

LAX bus to union station to metro link (or amtrak) to Anaheim stop and then bus from there.

or a taxi

I use Lansky which is a private car service. I know from SNA it is costing me $150 round trip but I like the convenience of them meeting me at baggage claim and they help get our bags to the car. Plus it's a not a ride share so it goes direct from the airport to the hotel and back. They also offer a grocery store stop on the way to the hotel if it's not too late of an arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter