AKL Deluxe Studio-Jambo or VWL Feb 14 stay ADVICE!

MrToad1345

Mouseketeer
Hello Fellow DVC'rs,

We need help! Currently we have a reservation for a AKL Studio at Jambo, but my wife just suggested staying at VWL instead. We know there is a big location difference between the two with MK right there, however AKL legendary poor bus service at AKL has us worried. Can anyone offer advice to this decision? Thanks!

Boardwalk has legendary poor bus service.

On average, AKL is decent...but due to distance to the parks, so AKL is only "great" to DAK. Otherwise, DAK doesn't share with other resorts (like VWL might share with Poly) and only has 2 internal stops (unlike SSR or OKW)
VWL has the option of a boat to MK, and variety is a nice thing.

I can't specifically address the bus issue at AKL, but I can tell you that the resort itself is remote in comparison, though it is a gorgeous resort and the DVC rooms are nicer. However, as you can see by my signature, I'm a huge fan of VWL, in part because of its serene, nature-themed ambience and because it is but a short boat or bus ride to MK. Since it seems you will be reliant on bus service, staying at VWL gives you the bonus of choosing a boat as well (including service to CR and FW). In a worst-case scenario, such as an ADR at the Castle or CG, the cab fare would be nominal unlike a drive from AKL. Good luck with your decision!

Have stayed at AKV 7 times since it opened. We have never experienced any "legendary poor bus service." There have been a few delays now and then but nothing you won't find at any resort and we actually find the bus service there superior to anything we have seen at other DVC resorts which have multiple internal stops or go to more than one resort. Thus, I do not consider the bus service to be a valid reason for changing. The potential advantages of Jambo include seeing animals and actually being in the hotel that has three restaurants, store and easy access to the main pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter