AKV Jambo House Studios?

DevonsDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Hoping you can help me out with a few questions I have about the studios at Jambo house. We just returned from a stay at a studio at Kidani and really loved it but missed the hustle and bustle of Jambo so we are heading back there in May. We have never stayed in a studio at Jambo before (only reg hotel rooms in the past). One thing I am a bit concerned about is the lack of storage I keep hearing about. It it really an issue? There is no closet in a Jambo studio? Just a wardrobe? Where is the safe located if there is no closet? There will be 4 of us staying in the studio and just want to make sure we have space to fit our stuff.

Appreciate any feedback that you all have! Thanks!

No closet, fairly large wardrobe; also the desk with the TV has four drawers and two little closet type areas; safe is in the wall and though length and width are adequate, it has very little depth.

No closet, fairly large wardrobe; also the desk with the TV has four drawers and two little closet type areas; safe is in the wall and though length and width are adequate, it has very little depth.

Thank you so much. We had plenty or room at Kidani for our stuff with two people. Just wanted to make sure we would be ok with at Jambo with 4. I know it may be a bit tight but we are rarely in the room other to sleep, shower and dress.

How about the side beds at AKV Jambo, are they comfortable. I volunteered to sleep on :)

It has been a while since I was in a studio at Jambo. The studio rooms, I think, are converted from the old hotel type rooms, so, since they are trying to fit more in a smaller space, they can be more crowded. Once Kidani opened, I only have stayed there. The beds are about the same as at Kidani in terms of comfort. the original hotel had two beds in the room, which was nice, but, they changed to a bed and a pull out for DVC. As I remember the room, there is very little space between the wall and the edge of the pull out and the small table and the bed (like none, where you would pinch your fingers if you try to move the furniture. My son once dropped something behind the pullout that we needed to retrieve, and it was a challenge). If you use the pullout, the cushions block access to the balcony, or you can't sit at the table. It seemed we were constantly moving pillows/cushions. We may have had one of the smaller rooms, though. Not quite small enough to be value, but still small. Didn't really like the room layout, so, we only stay at Kidani now.

It has been a while since I was in a studio at Jambo. The studio rooms, I think, are converted from the old hotel type rooms, so, since they are trying to fit more in a smaller space, they can be more crowded. Once Kidani opened, I only have stayed there. The beds are about the same as at Kidani in terms of comfort. the original hotel had two beds in the room, which was nice, but, they changed to a bed and a pull out for DVC. As I remember the room, there is very little space between the wall and the edge of the pull out and the small table and the bed (like none, where you would pinch your fingers if you try to move the furniture. My son once dropped something behind the pullout that we needed to retrieve, and it was a challenge). If you use the pullout, the cushions block access to the balcony, or you can't sit at the table. It seemed we were constantly moving pillows/cushions. We may have had one of the smaller rooms, though. Not quite small enough to be value, but still small. Didn't really like the room layout, so, we only stay at Kidani now.

Thanks for the info! I have read in various places that there are so my pillows and cushions that they get in the way constantly! We really like kidani, but this trip we want to be at Jambo for the action. Plus being close to Mara is a plus for us. My biggest gripe at kidani was not having a QS location there.

The studios in Jambo House are approximately the same size as the ones in Kidani. As mentioned already, very few of the Jambo House studios have a closet. Most have just an armoire for both your clothes and the ironing board and vacuum cleaner. The other difference is in the layout of the bathroom area. In the Jambo studios, the vanity area is open and there is a door into a room with the toilet and tub, very similar to other DVC studios. In Kidani, the vanity is in an enclosed space with the tub and within that space there is a smaller room with the toilet. I prefer the layout in Jambo because the vanity is always available for use even when someone is taking a shower.

ETA: All of the non-Concierge DVC rooms in Jambo House are on the 5th floor putting you further away from the animals. When booking a studio it would be a difficult decision between the better layout of the Jambo studios and easier access to the restaurants vs. the option to request a lower floor for better animal viewing in Kidani. When booking a 1BR, Kidani is our 1st choice.

The studios in Jambo House are approximately the same size as the ones in Kidani. As mentioned already, very few of the Jambo House studios have a closet. Most have just an armoire for both your clothes and the ironing board and vacuum cleaner. The other difference is in the layout of the bathroom area. In the Jambo studios, the vanity area is open and there is a door into a room with the toilet and tub, very similar to other DVC studios. In Kidani, the vanity is in an enclosed space with the tub and within that space there is a smaller room with the toilet. I prefer the layout in Jambo because the vanity is always available for use even when someone is taking a shower.

ETA: All of the non-Concierge DVC rooms in Jambo House are on the 5th floor putting you further away from the animals. When booking a studio it would be a difficult decision between the better layout of the Jambo studios and easier access to the restaurants vs. the option to request a lower floor for better animal viewing in Kidani. When booking a 1BR, Kidani is our 1st choice.

Thank you so much. I did not like the layout of the bathroom at kidani. I will be so much earlier getting ready with the vanity area being outside. We were just on the 4th floor at kidani in June. Definitely are higher up for animal viewing my favorite place to sit and watch the animals was right out community hall.

Based on our last trip, My wife has sworn off Jambo Studios. The Lack of storage was the only reason. There are 4 of us, 2 adults, and 2 girls (10 and 7) We had stuff piled everywhere because there was no place to put it. We had a standard size studio (not value).

We have stayed in studios at other resorts with no problem. Proceed with caution if this is a concern. Otherwise ALK is our 2nd favorite resort.

I love the fact that Jambo studios have 2 sinks in the vanity area! Given a choice, I always would pick Jambo over Kidani when having a studio!

Based on our last trip, My wife has sworn off Jambo Studios. The Lack of storage was the only reason. There are 4 of us, 2 adults, and 2 girls (10 and 7) We had stuff piled everywhere because there was no place to put it. We had a standard size studio (not value).

We have stayed in studios at other resorts with no problem. Proceed with caution if this is a concern. Otherwise ALK is our 2nd favorite resort.

See this is what I am afraid off! We have a standard size studio too. I love the resort too! One of our favorites! We'll I guess will have to make it work. I'm thinking we'll put what ever we don't need under the bed.

I love the fact that Jambo studios have 2 sinks in the vanity area! Given a choice, I always would pick Jambo over Kidani when having a studio!

YES!! I totally agree. I like the bathroom set up so much better at Jambo! One of by biggest dislikes of our studio at kidani was that if someone was in the shower I couldn't finish getting ready until they were done!

I missed the info in the OP's first post that there will be four people sharing the studio. Jambo's studios can work for a couple but I agree, it would be a challenge for four people.

There are two main problems. First is the lack of a closet. The photo below shows how much hanging space you will have. The right side will be filled with the ironing board and vacuum cleaner.

St112.jpg

Second is that the bottom third of the dresser (behind the hinged doors) houses the pack'n'play, again taking storage space away. Also note that instead of two large drawers running the full width of the dresser, there are four small drawers, again reducing the amount of storage space available:
St102.jpg

The non-Value studios have a little bench with a storage drawer in it that provides additional storage. A Jambo studio can work for two but it will be a challenge for four if you like to unpack on vacation.

Like LisaS says, keep in mind that the iron and ironing board are kept in the armoire as well. And the pack 'n play is kept in the bottom of the dresser. We moved the pack 'n play to the armoire as the side without the clothes rod really didn't work for any clothes. We stay for about a week and do laundry but it was still tight for two adults.

Some of the value room studios have closets too. I'm not sure about the regular Jambo House studios.

I just really like the location (5th floor) of the value Jambo studios. We have only stayed in values, and will again in 36 days! I agree with Lisa, 2 adults is comfortable in the value studio, it will feel tight with four adults (or people in general).

I just really like the location (5th floor) of the value Jambo studios. We have only stayed in values, and will again in 36 days! I agree with Lisa, 2 adults is comfortable in the value studio, it will feel tight with four adults (or people in general).

We are not in a value studio. We are in the deluxe SV studio.

Hi all! Hoping you can help me out with a few questions I have about the studios at Jambo house. We just returned from a stay at a studio at Kidani and really loved it but missed the hustle and bustle of Jambo so we are heading back there in May. We have never stayed in a studio at Jambo before (only reg hotel rooms in the past). One thing I am a bit concerned about is the lack of storage I keep hearing about. It it really an issue? There is no closet in a Jambo studio? Just a wardrobe? Where is the safe located if there is no closet? There will be 4 of us staying in the studio and just want to make sure we have space to fit our stuff.

Appreciate any feedback that you all have! Thanks!

We stayed in a SV studio at Jambo in June and we had a closet and wardrobe. It was DH, DD7, DS4, and me. We had enough stuff for a 12 day trip, two strollers, and so on. We thought the size was awesome. Of course, prior to that we've only stayed at ASp, ASMo, Pop, and BLT (studio). I thought the pullout couch was pretty comfy. We left the pullout down the whole time and still had room. The view from the 5th floor was great. The animals like to hang out near our balcony and the kids loved it.

We stayed in a SV studio at Jambo in June and we had a closet and wardrobe. It was DH, DD7, DS4, and me. We had enough stuff for a 12 day trip, two strollers, and so on. We thought the size was awesome. Of course, prior to that we've only stayed at ASp, ASMo, Pop, and BLT (studio). I thought the pullout couch was pretty comfy. We left the pullout down the whole time and still had room. The view from the 5th floor was great. The animals like to hang out near our balcony and the kids loved it.

Thank you so much! I hope we get a studio with a closet too! But if not we'll make it work! We are rarely in the room anyway other then to sleep and get ready!! We plan on keeping the pullout down too. No need to put it away to just pull it back down after a long day in the parks! Glad to hear the pullout is comfy too, since I volunteered to sleep on it.

I requested a "dedicated" studio at AKV. It had the closet in addition to the armoire, as well as the bench with drawer. (I believe the lock-off studios lack the closet?)
The room number was 5503.
It was an excellent location, in the 3rd pod along the Zebra trail. Very easy to get to elevators, down to the pool, or to the Mara for a bite to eat or mug refill (water or coffee for us).
HTH!

When they converted Jambo House hotel rooms into DVC villas, there were some structural features of the building that they had to work around. This resulted in some differences in some of the villas. For example, in some 2BR lockoffs the connecting door is in the living area instead of the entryway. And as we're discussing here, some studios have small closets and others do not.

Back when the floor plans for Jambo House were posted online, I created a room database and noted whether or not the plans for each studio included a closet. As people stayed in Jambo House and provided room reports, it became clear that some rooms differ from the published floor plans so this information is not 100% accurate. For example, the plan for room 5503 does not show a closet but ddixon1 reports that it does in fact have one. So take this information as a best guess about which studios in Jambo House have closets.

ETA: I just pulled up the floor plans for 5503 and it does show a closet (and one in 5501 as well, the studio next to it). It's possible I missed some others as well so assume this list is incomplete! I have upated the list to add 5501 and 5503.

Code:
[B]Jambo House Studios with a closet shown in the floor plan[/B]

[u]Room[/u]  [u]Type[/u]        [u]Category[/u]   [u]Trail[/u]    [u]View[/u]  
5012  Lockoff     Value      Giraffe  Pool  
5018  Dedicated   Value      Giraffe  Pool  
5122  Dedicated   Value      Ostrich  Sunset
5124  Dedicated   Value      Ostrich  Sunset
5210  Dedicated   Sav View   Kudu     Sunset
5321  Lockoff     Sav View   Kudu     Arusha
5383  Dedicated   Sav View   Kudu     Arusha
5429  Lockoff     Sav View   Zebra    Arusha
5435  Dedicated   Sav View   Zebra    Arusha
5437  Dedicated   Sav View   Zebra    Arusha
5501  Dedicated   Sav View   Zebra    Arusha
5503  Dedicated   Sav View   Zebra    Arusha
5531  Dedicated   Sav View   Zebra    Arusha
5553  Dedicated   Sav View   Zebra    Uzima 
6201  Lockoff     Concierge  Lobby    Sunset
6206  Lockoff     Concierge  Lobby    Sunset

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter