• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV- Long hallways?

emma'smom

<font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a
I'm curious about how long the walk is from the elevators to the furthest AKV? How does it compare to other resorts? In other words, some of the BCV can be pretty far away from the main Villa lobby. What is AKV like?

I'm curious about how long the walk is from the elevators to the furthest AKV? How does it compare to other resorts? In other words, some of the BCV can be pretty far away from the main Villa lobby. What is AKV like?

BWV

At the moment, the only part of AKV that is open are the villas on the 5th floor of AKL. There is a map of AKL here as a PDF file. The locations of the elevators are marked. It looks like there is one set of elevators in the lobby area and another at the first major "intersection" along both the Zebra and Kudu trails.

I know I read somewhere that from one part of the new building to the lobby of the current building at AKL, it will be well over 2000 feet (so basically 1/2 a mile). Lots of walking! (but I don't know how long the very end of BCV to the Stormalong Bay is in comparison.)

The hallways at Jambo house from the lobby to the far ends of the building are much longer than any hallway at BWV. The new Kidani building will dwarf the Jambo building from what I can see so the hallways there will be REALLY long.

I love AKL but the long long hallways to the rooms at the very end are tough at the end of the day when your butt is dragging. I stayed at BWV and had a room down near the very end... no comparison. The walk was a piece of cake compared to the AKL hallways.

The Kidani building appears to have alot of exterior entrances, so I would think the hallway time will be like SSR once that building is open. At Jambo, the hallways are long, but as previously mentioned, there is an elevator about mid-hallway, so that should help also. The new building will have its own lobby, check-in and services, so there should be no need to walk from the Jambo lobby to your Kidani room unless you want to.

I know I read somewhere that from one part of the new building to the lobby of the current building at AKL, it will be well over 2000 feet (so basically 1/2 a mile). Lots of walking! (but I don't know how long the very end of BCV to the Stormalong Bay is in comparison.)

Actually, the distance from the lobby at Kidani Village to the lobby of Jambo House will be 2500 FT. That will be a long walk in order to get an early breakfast at the Mara. I'm hoping that Kidani will have a place where we can get breakfaast items over the counter, but I didn't see anything listed in the dining options.

Actually, the distance from the lobby at Kidani Village to the lobby of Jambo House will be 2500 FT. That will be a long walk in order to get an early breakfast at the Mara. I'm hoping that Kidani will have a place where we can get breakfaast items over the counter, but I didn't see anything listed in the dining options.

I asked about that (hot offerings at Kidani). I was told (via our guide) the pool bar will double as a sort of "snack bar" and will have a limited amount of hot and cold food offerings. We'll see if that turns out to be the case.

I believe from the far end of the kudu trail to the far end of the zebra trail is a mile. I remember talking to some of the luggage bell people on one of our trips. This bell person really liked the position because she had lost 15 lbs since she started working that position.

Plus, off the main lobby there is a slight hill too, makes for a power workout for people delivering luggage.

Thanks for the feedback! The long walks won't work for my elderly parents. I think we'll go with Wilderness Lodge of SSR for this trip and save AKL for just my immediate family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter