Alamo vs Hertz

When are you travelling? We leave next Tuesday and I booked with carrentalsavers as well. Our reservation is on the Hertz site and gold as well. Hopefully we can avoid the crowds inside the terminal.
I travel on Thursday next week so I'd love to hear how you made out.

Hertz went Bankrupt during Covid and all of the locations are now franchised. They killed all their loyalty programs as each location does not have to honor status (Former Presidents Circle) and a lot of the cars are out of previous Hertz Standards. I Rent cars3x a month for work travel and honestly, I have to say the best one out there is National. Also when you rent make sure you confirm that you have Plate Pass on your rental otherwise you will have to pay cash for the tolls
So much bad information in this post. Hertz filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May of 2020, they came out of bankruptcy in July of 2021. Previously corporate locations are still corporate locations and Hertz at the locations I've rented from in the last two years, MCO, SAN and BNA, are all operating exactly the same as they were pre-pandemic. The Hertz loyalty program was changed, as has just about every loyalty program in the past three years. Cars are out of previous Hertz spec because so many were sold to meet bankruptcy requirement, burned up in the great fire of 2020 and car makers didn't meet their obligations due to supply chain shortages. Agree National is slightly better than Hertz, but not by that much. Plate Pass is the default of all the rental car companies and depending on which company you choose could cost you as much as $107 for a $1.50 toll. Every rental company has a method to ensure you pay for any tolls incurred, how much that's going to cost you is dependent on which company.

Budget dropped for us with Carrentalsavers. 2 weeks $632. I prefer Alamo, but notfor $200 higher price.

thru auto slash hertz come up best rate over the last few years, even compared to my DHs Avis corporate rate that used to be amazing.

we are gold, no issues, vehicles in good shape. We generally pick up on their aisle In MCO

my current 9 day rental in July, mid size SUV Is $499. Weekly rate is $286 plus. factoring in the two extra days over weekly rate of at $82+, i can live with it. think it will likely drop more as the date grows closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter