All I Got Was A Lousy T-Shirt. . .(SleepyD's WetnWild Shower Fan Club -16 Feb 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dog for reminding us how truly important our time with our children really is. I loved this installment. Thank you so much!

Thank you for a wonderful trip. I'm patiently waiting to hear about the WDW trip and the 2008 cruise. Take your time, no rush... :rotfl2:

I'm glad to hear that you got off easy. My parents still hear about the time they went to Disneyland without "the kids" (23, 24, and 29 at the time). Just because we were visiting grandma in Hawaii, they thought they could do whatever they wanted. :confused3

drebert said:
Thanks Dog for reminding us how truly important our time with our children really is. I loved this installment. Thank you so much!

Ditto here.

This is why we cruise with our kids and this is why we cruise DCL again and again.

Well, well, well.

Sleepy has finished.

It's weird how many observations and emotions he transcribed were exactly the same as mine.

Our immediate families are the same size and almost exactly the same age.
He has the same, intense devotion to his wife and daughter that I do
(except I actually TOOK my little girl on the cruise :rotfl: ).
We even share similar views on politics ,and I surmise religion.

I will say that his TR was funny and eloquent, and I feel like my family and I missed out on some quality life experience by not spending more time with them on the cruise.

So Kudos Herr Schalfenhund.

I raise a Showerbeer in toast to your TR and look forward to Cruising together in 08.

What do you all think?
7 Day Eastern or Western?

Can you imagine how long our TRs will be?

(shudder)

FatherForce said:

(shudder)

That was a total burn if I ever saw one!! popcorn::

FatherForce said:

:rotfl2:

FatherForce said:
I raise a Showerbeer in toast to your TR and look forward to Cruising together in 08.

What do you all think?
7 Day Eastern or Western?

Can you imagine how long our TRs will be?

(shudder)

Or how crowded the ship will be with DISers coming to join the party? :cool1:

Ok... this is what happened, I had a quick glance at the cruise forum, a quick glance at our cruise meet thread, then thought "I'll take a quick look at a trip report"..................................................

4 hours (and lots of laughter later) I finish your fab trippie! :thumbsup2

I couldnt stop reading :lmao: :lmao: - 30 pages :surfweb: :surfweb:

Excellent :thumbsup2

PS - we ARE taking our son with us :rotfl:

Looking forward to your next TR :wave2:

Thanks for a great trippie. It brought back so many memories. We sailed on the Wonder on it's 11 day cruise, just before yours and it was so nice seeing some of the same CM's in your pictures.

Heather

Truly, I haven't forgotten about my tips post yet to come. Nor am I going to let all the nice posts since my Epilogue go unpunish. . .er. . .unanswered. But, as with many of you, I'm sure, this last week saw a real ramp up of the Christmas season. Between Princess doing rehearsals for The Nutcracker (she's a bon-bon), me volunteering to be in the same show (no, I will not be a bon-bon nor will I will wearing tights. . .though I have done so on stage before--and that is another story altogether), two parties, the wine shop, shopping, and writing my annual Christmas letter to family and friends, I have had little time to sit and post. That shall change. And in order to prove so, well, this is a post, right?

Doc did mention it might be a nice idea to include a picture, as well. She, as is often the case, is correct--I should. To wit, the picture from which I derived the title to this trippie:
5126952_1024.ts1160571259607.jpg

More to follow. . .:thumbsup2

Thanks for the picture! We'll wait for your tips. I promise I won't give you a hard time. She looks just like you!

Madisonznana said:
I am so glad the Princess was not upset. She is still a great age, you were truly lucky!
Thanks for all your hard work keeping us entertained for two months. :woohoo: You did a fantastic job, I enjoyed every minute.
Madisonznana said:
I am so glad the Princess was not upset. She is still a great age, you were truly lucky!
Thanks for all your hard work keeping us entertained for two months. :woohoo: You did a fantastic job, I enjoyed every minute.
I'm sure like most parents, we feel blessed with a wonderful child. And, it is without doubt that she has a warm, caring, tender heart. You cannot manufacture those--they are given. Thanks for all your encouragement over the past several weeks. I enjoyed writing. . .and plan to do more!

MM said:
Awwwwwww . . . an (almost) ending worth waiting for, SD.

Your eloquent words about our children growing up are SO true. I have fortunately reached the point where my DD (24) occasionally thinks I'm smart again! Each age is better than the last, I think.

Looking forward to reading your tips and future Disney adventures, but please come back and see us at M2 now and again!
Thank you, MM! You've been such a loyal reader, and I appreciate it. As for the older ones, aka adults, thinking we know more than they originally thought, it is so true. lol I shall be writing more on different trips that are to come in the future. As for my presence on M2, well, that's a bit more iffy. Maybe the occasional visit. . .occasionally. . .;)

Uma said:
Aw Geez! THAT was so gooood dawg!
You all look so svelte in your daughter's drawrings of you! SO CUTE!

And! Your counter tops are fabulous!

Ok, bring on the tips....but we're in no hurry!
You are right--my countertops ARE fabulous! lol We completely renovated the kitchen three years ago. Was dingy and cramped and butt ugly. Now? Light, bright, and oh so charming. As it is MY room in the house, I had final say. And I love it. Oh, and thanks for the compliments on the TR. :thumbsup2 P.S. I am that svelte.

NAB said:
UMA is in no hurray but like I said I only have two months....

But I can wait until after the holidays. Everyone is so busy with life around this time me included.

You can tell you are teaching your daughter well. She sounds lovely. And the picture are awwwwwwwww. Kids learn though you. So you two must be pretty awesome yourselves.
I'm not sure anyone would use the term "awesome" to describe me in any manner. Doc probably so given her profession and impact on lives. And certainly Princess is awesome in our (and her grandparents') eyes. Still, P is a good soul. You can just tell in some children. . .and I am awed by her ability to love. :love:

pwgs said:
Bravo! And Thank You!
You are most welcome. . .and. . .thank you for subscribing & your nice comments.

poohssmum said:
Well done Sleepydog ... been following along since the start and I have to say that it was worth the wait. Although I'm a bit saddened to see it end. Sounds like you and Doc are doing a fabulous job with Princess. Just keep in mind ... having grown up a Princess myself ... you won't be completely stupid in the years to come, Princess will just have to make you feel that way in order to maintain her "teen" membership card ;) and don't tell anyone that I told you that :rolleyes1 I now have two Princes of my own ... and I'm pretty sure that I will be dumber than a box of rocks starting in just a few short years. :rotfl2:

OH, one other thing ... I enjoyed reading your recommendations of wine for Thanksgiving dinner. The reaffirmation in my choice of a Pinot Noir was a definite plus :thumbsup2
Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom. ;) Thank you for the wonderful comments, esp. regarding raising the daughter. We are better people--all of us--for having children and showing them respect and love. Also happy to accomodate your wine choices. I tried quite a few to get the right ones! lol

I'm back from my trip on the Wonder & we had an awesome time too!!!!
Hope you, Doc & Princess have a wonderful Christmas.

SD,

Unfortunately, I came late to the party, but dessert is good, too! My sweet DH recently surprised me with plans for a 10/6/07 7-day Western, which will follow a week in DW with DGD, and I immediately had to start reading TRs. Found DZ first, which led to yours. Next up, FF.

I really enjoyed the aspect of hearing about the cruise from a couple's pov. We cruised DCL once with DD, DSIL, and DGD3. It was wonderful, but didn't bear much resemblance to yours :rotfl: . I have to add that your TR was very funny and entertaining; I think it was something like "outskirts of Drool City" that really cracked me up.

Oh, and loved the comments on parenting. Our 3 DDs are in their 30s. We scratch our heads and wonder where the time went (weren't they just in diapers?). Happily, we are all close (yes, the teen years DO end, and I got 3 best friends out of them), so I guess we did something right!?! :grouphug:

Can't wait for the tips.

BoosGram

Hi! I'm enjoying your report tremendously and just want to post to keep track of it. Of course I'm only on page 3 or so, but it looks promising (although still nowhere near any explanation of the toenails). We're booked on a cruise for October 2007, and I can't wait!

BoosGram -- Hi -- I just had to write and say hello, because my family and I are considering the Oct. 6 Western cruise. At the moment we are booked on the 4-night Oct. 7 cruise, because although I know for a fact that I love cruising, I'm thinking that a 4-night cruise might be a better introduction for my 8 and 9 year old girls. Have you done the Western cruise before?

Ho! Ho! Ho! Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

Seriously, let me wish each of you and your families a splendid holiday season and prosperity of dreams, health, and time-standing-still moments for the new year. I have been a slacker due to baking, cleaning, more baking, and The Nutcracker rehearsals for me and Princess. I really will post some tips at a later date. Til then, here are a couple of pics of Princess at dress rehearsal.
7108851_1024.ts1166622002879.jpg

Second from the right w/raised arms. . .these are the Bon-Bons

7108709_1024.ts1166621271520.jpg

If she looks excited, it's because she is. . .

And. Our performances were superb! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter