All I Got Was A Lousy T-Shirt. . .(SleepyD's WetnWild Shower Fan Club -16 Feb 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD your daughter looks so cute in her yellow tu tu. I bet you were beaming ear to ear watching her dance.

You bake???

Merry Christmas Sleepy, Doc and the Princess. Hope Santa is good to you, yes even you SD. Stay safe and Healthy for the holidays and New coming year.

Ok Dog....

31 pages and it was a toss up...

Do you look more like Huey Lewis or the trombone player from Chicago.....

:rockband:

Ok Dog....

31 pages and it was a toss up...

Do you look more like Huey Lewis or the trombone player from Chicago.....

:rockband:
Funny you should mention that, since I've long held that Huey could easily pose as my brother. In fact, when I was younger and had more hair, I used to start my first day of classes at the Academy by having a cadet start some Huey Lewis music while I walked in with some black RayBans. "Power of Love" if you must know. . . :cool1:

Funny you should mention that, since I've long held that Huey could easily pose as my brother. In fact, when I was younger and had more hair, I used to start my first day of classes at the Academy by having a cadet start some Huey Lewis music while I walked in with some black RayBans. "Power of Love" if you must know. . . :cool1:

Awww, "Power of Love" was my DH's and my first dance at our wedding 2 years ago. Huey's the BEST!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Saw him in concert last summer - great as ever...

EVEN

played with Chicago...

Boy I wonder if the two of them were separated by birth!!!

BTW... I love the red toe nails... I did that to my dad when I was little...full make up while he was sleeping!!!

No wonder my sister is his favorite.....:)

Awww, "Power of Love" was my DH's and my first dance at our wedding 2 years ago. Huey's the BEST!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
He is! First saw him and The News in concert at the state fair in N. Dakota just when they were hitting the big time with "Power of Love" and Back to the Future. Have seen him 5 times since. In light of this being a cruise board, I wonder if Disney could ever book him on board?

Tink rules said:
Saw him in concert last summer - great as ever...

EVEN

played with Chicago...

Boy I wonder if the two of them were separated by birth!!!

BTW... I love the red toe nails... I did that to my dad when I was little...full make up while he was sleeping!!!

No wonder my sister is his favorite.....:)
ALMOST saw him in concert last summer but timing was bad. Your sister may be his favorite, but you sound funnier. . .;)

Sleepydog! we need an answer from you. I PM'd you about using you in our WPASADI show...can I use you please?? you fit perfectly!

Sleepydog’s Cruisinator Tips
(with some minor help from Doc)

In no particular order, here are a few things we thought you might find useful when planning and executing (as in carrying out, not shooting or hanging or any nasty thing like that) your cruise. It’s not an all-inclusive list since that would be, well, impossible, don’t you think?

1. 3-day voyage is good for anyone unsure whether cruising is for them. You get a chance to relax, enjoy some good food, play, and check out what cruising is all about without making a bank loan investment. . .that comes later when you realize you DID like it and want a 7, 8, or 10-day voyage.
2. Do a door sign. Why? Well, Doc wrote it down in this little notebook, so I’m typing it in. Oh, wait. She also says, “I know you’re making fun of my notebook. Stop it.” Oops. In truth, having the door sign does make it easier to find your door amidst dozens of others. . .if you can find the right deck. . .find the correct side of the ship. . .and if you can’t read numbers very well in an alcohol-induced haze. (Ed. note: Apparently, I like the term “alcohol-induced haze.” Why don’t you play a drinking game while you read the rest of this tip sheet and take a swig of your favorite fermented beverage every time you read “alcohol-induced haze.” There you go. Your official swig of the game.)
3. Big magnetic clips make a superb way to hold tickets, dryboxes, sunglasses w/straps, wet swim suit (if it’s small enough), etc. Smaller ones may not be able to hold the weight heavier items, nor through the alcohol-induced haze you may have, will you be able to actually grasp smaller clips as you paw at them, leading your cabin neighbors next door trying to decipher what they think is Morse code.
4. A dry erase board comes in very handy for jotting down your revised daily itinerary. . .as if we didn’t have enough Navigators, pads of paper, and our own detailed itinerary to work with. Still, it does make for an easy way to get all the info you need in one glance vs., say, 25.
5. Having an air freshener in the bathroom was a good idea. Frankly, ours smelled as clean as a whistle. . .well, one that isn’t all sticky with spit and such. . .and that isn’t cheap plastic smelling like burning tires. Anyway, our bathroom smelled okay, but the deodorizer freshened it up even more. And get one that doesn’t look appetizing, since you don’t want to mistakenly eat it in an. . .wait for it. . .alcohol-induced haze.
6. A shoe bag, we decided, was a waste of time and space in both the suitcase and the room for just two of us as there was plenty of storage. However, a smaller room and/or a trip with more family members might warrant an over-the-door bag such as we had.
7. Suction cups sucked. They didn’t stick well and didn’t hold as much as the magnetic clips. Perhaps it’s the 59 coats of paint on the door or the fact that no one in the world has actually made a decent suction cup that doesn’t include glue (I might point out that those are technically glue cups. . .just sayin’), but ours didn’t work well.
8. Get a dang massage! Whether you need to overcome some alcohol-induced haze, get the kinks out after riding a bike on Castaway Cay, or just want to feel pampered, nothing helps better than a massage. Treat yourself. Look at it this way: it’s only one more payment on the second mortgage you had to take out to finance the trip.
9. Portable glass wipes work real well at cleaning not only mirrors, windows, and doors, but do a good job on the railing plexiglass, deck chairs, tables, and as a quick substituted for hair gel.
10. We took a portable alarm clock but found it to be of limited usefulness, the lone exception being late at night when you wake up from your alcohol-induced haze to wonder where you are and what time it is. Isn’t it strange we want to know what time it is in the middle of a freakin’ ocean, on a cruise ship, where all you do is play all day? I thought so.
11. Having a gift basket greet you in your room is rather cool, especially if you forget that you’ve ordered it! We never ate all the candy, cheese, and crackers from it (though we did manage to knock off the wine just fine for a nice little. . .buzz. You thought I was gonna say alcohol-induced haze, didn’t you?)
12. Hanger numbers were adequate for two people, maybe more if you don’t dress up much. As you know, we enjoyed dressing up for the dinners just a little, so we were pleased to see there were numerous hangers. A larger family might need more, though personally I hate the little buggers, always getting tangled together, hooks getting caught on other hooks or bars, entwining themselves like some sort of wiry Rubic’s cube, laughing at me while I curse their very existence and vow to wipe them off the face of the planet! I might have anger management issues, though.
13. An extra suitcase came in very handy for us. We packed a collapsible one in one of our larger cases and used it to carry packages and gifts home, such as Drambuie for Mumma (see Cast of Characters in Chapter 1), who does not walk around in an alcohol-induced haze. . .well, she has seen some mighty huge cats while drinking (sorry, inside joke).
14. Thank you cards make a nice touch when handing out tips at the end of your cruise. This was Doc’s idea (okay, truth be told, most of these tips came from her fertile, if over-organized brain). I wholeheartedly concurred with the idea. . .if only we hadn’t spent half an hour debating “should the steward get the nice card with flowers or with butterflies?”
15. A small notebook, such as the one from which I’m typing these notes, is a cheap way to ensure you don’t forget whether the deep sleep every night was due to the food, the ocean air, the day’s activities, or (altogether now!) an alcohol-induced haze. Some of you may have photographic memories which is fine. Mine is more like phonographic, so this notebook helped. You can jot down notes as you go or do it at slow time during the afternoon while working on your alcohol-induced haze (wow, a two-fer!).
16. Bonine was taken every day with no ill effects. . .either from the bonine or from being seasick. I’m not susceptible to the latter, anyway, but I will admit taking the bonine was a simple enough way to ensure I felt well. Doc has pretty good innards, too, but has on occasion felt the ol’ imbalance thing in the ear canal (not caused by alcohol—your call if you want to drink to that reference) before. Not so this trip.
17. Take the stairs. That’s it. Self-explanatory really. Okay, I’ll explain then. Stairs = good exercise and faster access to almost anywhere. Elevator = little calorie burning except fuming over waiting so long to get one, at which time you step into a car full of people with a) head colds, b) too much perfume and/or cologne, or c) a pirate with one too many Bahama Mamas in him . .and who has NOT taken Bonine. . .
18. Snorkel early. If you get to the beach before most of the crowd, you’ll have much clearer water. And I mean that on more than one level.
19. Deck 4 chairs are, according to Doc, the mostest, bestest, most cushiest of chairs, a great place to read a book or watch the boat drills while docked. I’m guessing they make a nice place to relax and get some fresh air while trying to get over an alcohol-induced haze.
20. Talk to the crew. They enjoy it (or at least seem to), and if you ask them about their homes, families, and lives, they will respond with great warmth and sincerity. They’re gone a long time from loved ones, so when they know you’re interested in them, it helps them cope. I firmly believe this.
21. Finally, for the last tip (whose number is nearly equal to my age): Get. . .a. . .baggage. . .handler. . .when. . .you. . .disembark. They’re faster and more helpful than you think. At least ours was. He was worth every dollar I gave him and then some.

That’s it. At least for now. I’m sure I’ll think of a few more down the road, at some point when the urge to type through an alcohol-induced daze hits me. In all seriousness, thanks to all the kind comments and snide remarks—I love them all. And. Have a great 2007! See you on the seas in ’08! FatherForce, you listening?

Boy with only 17 days to spare.

I am definetly getting that massage.

Another suitcase for extras, even the wash seems to grow in size:confused3 It comes out but won't fit back in.

Magnet clips, that is a cool one too. Forgot the door is metal.

Loved reading your report SleepyDog. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get on the boat. Just reading yours made me think that is me in a few months, now only a few days. :banana:

I believe you forgot important tip #5a.

#5a. If you are over 5 foot tall, do not try to take a bath in the Tub of Death ESPECIALLY in an alcohol induced haze.

;) :duck: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#5a. If you are over 5 foot tall, do not try to take a bath in the Tub of Death ESPECIALLY in an alcohol induced haze.

How about if your over the age of... 5??????????:lmao: Sorry dog...I love baths and probably would have tried myself... But now I know better!!! :rotfl:

Sleepydog’s Cruisinator Tips
(with some minor help from Doc)

20. Talk to the crew. They enjoy it (or at least seem to), and if you ask them about their homes, families, and lives, they will respond with great warmth and sincerity. They’re gone a long time from loved ones, so when they know you’re interested in them, it helps them cope. I firmly believe this

I agree 100% on this. Even if you pass a CM in the hallways, always smile and say "hello". You will always get a big smile and "hello" in return. Heck, even those stern looking security guards can actually smile.

My kids know that when DH goes to get a drink from the bar that it will take him forever to get back since he enjoys talking with the bartenders.

And since I've rarely seen a female bartender on DCL, I have no worries with this.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can't believe he forgot that one! It was one of the funniest parts of his trip report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter