• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Movies Renovations

Hard to tell reading through this thread the state of things ..

Is 100% of the Toy Story rooms renovated? I had thought that was the first they did and was the first anticipated to being done, I had friends there a month (first week October) ago that said the Toy Story rooms were still under construction.

Just asking, because I head there in a week and I simply requested the Toy Story section as my first preference as opposed to "refurbed room" thinking that if we get that first request, we would just automatically get a refurbed room.
As far as we know, toy story should’ve been done for awhile now. I think they’ve been doing some touch up work on the big statues but I could be wrong on that. If you’re worried, you can always change your request to renovated room but I think you should be okay.

As far as we know, toy story should’ve been done for awhile now. I think they’ve been doing some touch up work on the big statues but I could be wrong on that. If you’re worried, you can always change your request to renovated room but I think you should be okay.
Thanks. I had thought so too, but when my friends told me that Toy Story was under construction, I got worried. Oh well .. will just wait to see what we get. I think the kids would like the Toy Story characters moreso than Dalmations or Fantasia anyway (and they obviously could care less about the rooms :)).

I stayed at toy story 10
Checked in sept 26 for 5 days and was told entire building was completed

Heard no noise while there

It was a preferred building

When walking from the lobby to Toy Story, it was the end building to the left I stayed

Thought it was #10

If I’m wrong and it was #9, I apologize now
Can’t find my hotel map to check the numbers of the building

Hello everyone! Thought I would do a quick update while waiting for the tragic express back to the airport.

-We stayed in Fantasia building 8 in a renovated room. I called prior to our trip and requested the toy story or fantasia section. My parents were in an unrenovated room in 101 dalmatians.
-I did not see any construction going on. The most I saw were trailers in the parking lot between love bug and all star music.
-No construction seemed to be happening at all star music during our walk through.
-Christmas refill mugs are out at the giftshop, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of them.
- I really enjoyed the renovated room, tons of storage space! Our bathroom had a sliding glass door on the tub. I know some were concerned about the lack of bathtub in renovated rooms. Ours was still a bathtub, just with glass doors.
-We declined housekeeping for the giftcard, didn't notice any random checks in our room while we were there. They did check to see if we needed anything a couple times.

Hello everyone! Thought I would do a quick update while waiting for the tragic express back to the airport.

-We stayed in Fantasia building 8 in a renovated room. I called prior to our trip and requested the toy story or fantasia section. My parents were in an unrenovated room in 101 dalmatians.
-I did not see any construction going on. The most I saw were trailers in the parking lot between love bug and all star music.
-No construction seemed to be happening at all star music during our walk through.
-Christmas refill mugs are out at the giftshop, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of them.
- I really enjoyed the renovated room, tons of storage space! Our bathroom had a sliding glass door on the tub. I know some were concerned about the lack of bathtub in renovated rooms. Ours was still a bathtub, just with glass doors.
-We declined housekeeping for the giftcard, didn't notice any random checks in our room while we were there. They did check to see if we needed anything a couple times.
Thanks for your review!

Thank you for posting this! I even spoke with guest services at the resort and they told me all rooms were renovated!

We arrived on Thursday at 9 am, received room assignment text at 3 pm, Mighty Ducks Building 2. We had requested renovated room so when we arrived to resort at 4 pm we requested a renovated room and it was quickly honored, Fantasia Building 7. We booked a standard room. Had a complete nightmare with our luggage, it didn’t arrive to our room until after midnight. Opted out of housekeeping when offered but they came to clean room next day and no gift card was emailed. Concierge was baffled since it showed on our account we had opted out. Our resort experience has just been off this trip.

We arrived on Thursday at 9 am, received room assignment text at 3 pm, Mighty Ducks Building 2. We had requested renovated room so when we arrived to resort at 4 pm we requested a renovated room and it was quickly honored, Fantasia Building 7. We booked a standard room. Had a complete nightmare with our luggage, it didn’t arrive to our room until after midnight. Opted out of housekeeping when offered but they came to clean room next day and no gift card was emailed. Concierge was baffled since it showed on our account we had opted out. Our resort experience has just been off this trip.
So you were upgraded to a preferred room? Or did you mean love bug building 7?

We just moved our reservation to here. I had no idea renovations were going on! We got a Preferred Room so I will be requesting Fantasia. To make sure I understand, only one Fantasia building is renovated at this time?
We will be checking in at the end of January :)

Did they give you a reason for the issues with your luggage? We had this happen and Caribbean Beach Resort last year. Their bell service was a nightmare! They told us they were understaffed.

We just moved our reservation to here. I had no idea renovations were going on! We got a Preferred Room so I will be requesting Fantasia. To make sure I understand, only one Fantasia building is renovated at this time?
We will be checking in at the end of January :)
Yep, as far as we know only one of the Fantasia buildings is finished. Are you wanting Fantasia more or a refurbished room?

Did they give you a reason for the issues with your luggage? We had this happen and Caribbean Beach Resort last year. Their bell service was a nightmare! They told us they were understaffed.

No reason or any attempt at explaining. The luggage was in the room we were originally assigned to. I called luggage services once we were assigned new room at 4 pm and was told it would be up soon. We left and returned at 10 pm and I was told 4 times the luggage was being delivered, after no luggage at midnight I had to firmly ask for the original assigned room to be checked. And voila! There was our luggage.

Is there a projected date for them all to be completed?
It was supposed to be early next year but they have supposedly stopped construction for now so it will most likely get pushed back. I’m not sure when they will be completed now

It was supposed to be early next year but they have supposedly stopped construction for now so it will most likely get pushed back. I’m not sure when they will be completed now

Have two standard rooms booked for April 2019, I have stayed in the Pop Century renovated rooms and definitely want a renovated room at Movies. Would it be wise to book preferred to guarantee a renovated room or should I be fine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter