Altered Paint Can Swap - Progress Thread Deadline 10/31

havencruiser

DIS Veteran
Deadline to be at my home: October 31, 2006. They should be in the mail no later than 10/25/06.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail! :Pinkbounc

Please be sure they have some bubble wrap or other protective packaging. If you slip each one into a plastic ziploc bag with a your identifying info on each bag, we will know who each one came from.
I will mail your cans back in the same boxes you sent them in. Please include a return address label and postage that covers what it took to get them to me plus extra postage in case others' goodies are heavier than the ones you sent. I will return all unused postage to you. Please mail them in enough time that they GET TO ME by October 31. I live in suburban Philadelphia area if that helps in planning how long it will take yours to get here. Please don't mail them the day before the due date and tell me they are "postal". Allow at least a week since they will be pretty hefty packages.

I will count all the cans tomorrow and post. I opened each one a little and peaked but didn't unpack all the cans.

Group 1: CLOSED 8 people
MICKEY..and Friends (this can be Mickey and/or Mickey with is pals Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto) We can have duplicates

1. Havencruiser (Sharon) - Mickey Done 8 cans :love:
2. Caitsmama - "The Gang" (all together) COLOR=Red]Recv'd 3 cans :love:[/COLOR]

3. KatDisney - Mickey and Minnie
4. Diana Lyn -The Gang Recv'd 3 Mickey Cans :love:
5. Pixie Dust 32 - Minnie
6. AlexWyattMommy - Mickey&Gang Recv'd 5 cans :love:
7.15minfrom OGDL- Mickey Recv'd 4 cans :love:
8. BernardandMissBianca - Donald Recv'd :love:

Group 2: CLOSED 9 people
The Princesses (Belle, Jasmine, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White ...together or in groups)

1.Havencruiser (Sharon) - Belle Done 9 cans :wizard:
2. caitsmama - Cinderella COLOR=Red]Recv'd 3 cans :Pinkbounc :[/COLOR]

3. KatDisney - Snow White
4. Diana Lyn -All the Princesses Recv'd 3 Cans :wizard:
5. PixieDust 32 - Jasmine
6. Mickster - Ariel Rev'd 3 cans :wizard:
7. AlexWyattMommy - All Princesses Recv'd 5 cans :wizard:
8. BernardandMissBianca - Snow White Recv'd :love:
9. PoohBearLuvinMama- Recv'd 3 cans :wizard:

Group 3: CLOSED 9 people
The Rest of the "Gang" ( Any other Disney Character you wish other than those listed above)

1. Caitsmama - Eeyore COLOR=Red]Recv'd 3 cans :Pinkbounc :[/COLOR]

2. KatDisney - Disney Villains
3. Downrivermama - Tinkerbell Recv'd 8 cans :Pinkbounc
4. Havencruiser - Peter Pan Done 9 cans :Pinkbounc
5. Pixie Dust 32 - Pooh&Tigger
6. Patchchild - Classic Pooh&Friends Recv'd 5 cans :Pinkbounc
7. Potterphreak - Toy Story Recv'd 3 cans :Pinkbounc

8. BernardandMissBianca - Chip&Dale Recv'd :Pinkbounc

9. Goofy4Life- Recv'd 3 cans :wizard:

-- AlexWyattMommy - Recv'd 2 Pirate cans :Pinkbounc

Group 4: CLOSED 5 people
Disney Holidays (we can have duplicates here)

1. Havencruiser (Sharon) - The Merriest Place on Earth Done 5 cans :thumbsup2
2. KatDisney - Mickey's Halloween
3. PixieDust 32 - Christmas Characters
4. AlexWyattMommy- Pooh&Friends Easter Recv'd 5 Pooh :thumbsup2
5. BernardandMissBianca - Christmas Recv'd :love:

Havencruiser, your PM box is full, just wanted to let you know.

It looks like Group 3 is going to have the hardest time deciding. The other three groups are so similar in theme that it really isn't necessary to choose, unless of course you really don't want my Easter one in Group 4 ;) or you just can't stand Belle or possibly having two Snow Whites. So for me I'm going to make 4 and get 4 back for each of my groups.

Can I update my choice slightly? Since we have some repetition of Pooh, I'd like to make mine Classic Pooh and Friends, just to be a bit different.

I cleared my PM box, updated the change request and am still thinking about how to get folks the ones they would prefer. I am leaning toward asking that when you send in your cans, you add a little note saying; "These are the 2 that I really prefer and these are the 2 that I would be happy NOT to get..." for each group you are in.
I am thinking that maybe we each should post HOW MANY we plan to make. Remember...we have lots of time, they don't take a lot of materials, and since they are quart-sized, they don't cost a lot to mail. Knowing how many of each type will be available will help a lot.
I never imagined this getting so complicated!!! :dance3:
P.S. I will be doing one can for each person in each of my groups.

OOOHHH I love Classic Pooh, good choice!!

I will probably end up making 1 for everyone. I am not picky about what I gat back either. I'm going to use up some of my ever expanding paper stash. It's a good excuse to make room for more stuff. :teeth: :lmao:

Off to copt the list and maybe head to HD this weekend.

Hey Sharon, are you going to bring anything from this swap to work on at SDV? I may bring the stuffers.

I haven't decided et what to bring to SDV. I have soooooooooooooo many swaps to work on, it's making my head spin. I just got done with my course last night, though, and after I leave for Maine in a few hours (and get back TOMORROW!!!!), I won't have any major plans until SDV. This will give me lots of time to get the other swaps done and then concentrate on what to dring for SDV.

The other site I use all the time for ideas (and swaps :rolleyes1 ) is www.splitcoaststampers.com There is a gallery there with wonderful samples, a place for instructions on how to make different things that could be stuffers, and a whole forum for swaps :teeth: .

Off to Maine to get DD16 from camp. Of course, I have a bunch of swap stuff to work on in my suitcase at the hotel tonight. :teeth:

havencruiser said:
I haven't decided et what to bring to SDV. I have soooooooooooooo many swaps to work on, it's making my head spin. I just got done with my course last night, though, and after I leave for Maine in a few hours (and get back TOMORROW!!!!), I won't have any major plans until SDV. This will give me lots of time to get the other swaps done and then concentrate on what to dring for SDV.

The other site I use all the time for ideas (and swaps :rolleyes1 ) is www.splitcoaststampers.com There is a gallery there with wonderful samples, a place for instructions on how to make different things that could be stuffers, and a whole forum for swaps :teeth: .

Off to Maine to get DD16 from camp. Of course, I have a bunch of swap stuff to work on in my suitcase at the hotel tonight. :teeth:
You're such an enabler Sharon!!!!!

Has anyone else decided how many they want to make. I don't forsee me making 9 cans but I everyone else is making them for everyone I will. :confused3

Mickster said:
Has anyone else decided how many they want to make. I don't forsee me making 9 cans but I everyone else is making them for everyone I will. :confused3

I'm going to go out today sometime and buy a couple of cans. This weekend, I'm going to make one, see how it goes and then decide how many I'm actually going to make! :rotfl:

The cans themselves don't take long to do, 20 minutes for the big ones. The most time consuming part for me was the tying of the ribbon but that is only on the gallon size. That took about an hour. If you use mod podge it dries fairly quickly.

I love the idea of ModPodge. Never would have thought of it! Thanks!

I'm putting mini albums made out of paint chips inside of my cans. Decorated to match, of course.

Okay, still a newbie here, how do you make an album out of paint chips? And will you decorate just the cover or each and every page?

AlexWyattMommy said:
Okay, still a newbie here, how do you make an album out of paint chips? And will you decorate just the cover or each and every page?

That was my question too.

I need ideas on stuffers. I tried to find mini composition books but I had no luck. Should I check Walmart? What else is everyone putting inside.

Could you put little Christmas ornaments in for the Christmas ones???
I've got many ideas going through my head for gifts this year... I figured I'd try them out first before I swap anything! I'm such a chicken! :0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter