Am I allowed to scan my MK shoot pics & other random debates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point...
...We are baffled as to why there is such a HUGE discrepancy in prices!

Be baffled no more... You can buy a bottle of water from a walmart for less than $1 or you can buy it from Disney for $3... the reason they charge 3 times the price? Because they can.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that are willing to pay way over the average price and as long as there are enough of them Disney will continue to charge as much as they can. Your best way of avoiding the damage to your wallet is to buy stock in Disney so you'll be getting money from the over charges instead of losing it.

Be baffled no more... You can buy a bottle of water from a walmart for less than $1 or you can buy it from Disney for $3... the reason they charge 3 times the price? Because they can.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that are willing to pay way over the average price and as long as there are enough of them Disney will continue to charge as much as they can. Your best way of avoiding the damage to your wallet is to buy stock in Disney so you'll be getting money from the over charges instead of losing it.

:rotfl2: Thank you Thomas! I actually bought my DH Disney stock as his wedding present. I think you are absolutely right.

Hi all,

I did not read every posting here so if this is a dup my apologies.

I just looked at my BEO and the CD we are purchasing for the rights to the pics with DPS says high res right there.

HTH

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that are willing to pay way over the average price and as long as there are enough of them Disney will continue to charge as much as they can.

::yes:: That's it exactly. I feel for all you brides, I really do. It sure seems like a ripoff, but that's the price you pay for having a MK photo shoot, I guess. They know if you don't buy it, someone else will and that's all that matters.:(

Right. ::yes::

Your best way of avoiding the damage to your wallet is to buy stock in Disney so you'll be getting money from the over charges instead of losing it.

Maybe yours is doing better than mine. :rolleyes1

http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:DIS

::yes:: That's it exactly. I feel for all you brides, I really do. It sure seems like a ripoff, but that's the price you pay for having a MK photo shoot, I guess. They know if you don't buy it, someone else will and that's all that matters.:(

I can understand hiking up the prices to be pictures in MK. But the prices I listed were for regular wedding photography even just at the resorts. But I definitely agree with you!

That's the point...

For $1500, my non-Disney photographer showed up and worked at my Disney wedding for 6 hours and I received (actually I will receive)...

- Proof Book with (300) images
- (6) color, b& white and/or color enhanced 8x12's prints (fully edited)
- (1) color and/or b&w 5x7 prints (fully edited)
- A private website of your final images (1492 images)
- High-res CD with full rights assigned to me
- 60 image artistically edited slideshow with music (my choice of images)

For $2800, I could have hired Disney Photography Services for 6 hours and recieved ...

- Proof Book with your images
- 4” x 6” keepsake prints from your celebration
- A private website of your final images
- Digital Montage (50) Print Album

For an ADDITIONAL $1000, I could add a high-res CD with full rights assigned.

This is the issue that some disbrides are frustrated with. So please understand, we aren't complaining because we don't want to spend money and pay people what they are worth. We are baffled as to why there is such a HUGE discrepancy in prices!

I agree whole heartedly. And with the non-Disney photographer, you can choose a photographer whose style you like and interact w/ them prior to the wedding.

The main issue I see here is the MK photo sessions where you're stuck with Disney Photogs. :(

(Sorry if this is late or has been said, but I've been shooting in Belize - tropical storm and all - since Sunday and just skimmed the most recent posts)

If you have a complaint w/ DPS - write them a letter. An actual, physical letter (email is easy to ignore and physical letters are taken more seriously imho). And CC your EM. I did when I was displeased w/ our MK shoot and they offered a free re-shoot or a 50% refund. We lived out of state at the time, so we took the refund. Would I rather have had great MK photos instead? You betcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter