Am I looking for the impossible? A QUIET restaurant...

goin' again

Earning My Ears
Looking to make a reservation for 6 in October, in DS or a WDW hotel. My FIL wears hearing aids and if the dining room is noisy he can't hear anything. Any suggestions? (Victoria and Albert is out of the que$$$tion)

TIA for any suggestions! :)

Citricos at Grand Floridian, Ale and Compass at Yacht Club, and Todd English Blue Zoo at The Dolphin all come to mind as quiet. We've had excellent meals at all of them as well.

One note, sometimes Ale and Compass can be more active at breakfast. I'm endorsing lunch and dinner as quiet times, not necessarily breakfast. My other two options only serve dinner.

I've had some nice 6-8 person meals (with Seniors) at Citricos (dinner only) and the Grand Floridian Cafe (breakfast, lunch and dinner), both at the Grand Floridian. We had nice sized tables in both cases and were able to converse normally without having to raise our voice or strain to hear one another. We had a nice circular table at the Grand Floridian Cafe, which I really liked, especially for the hard of hearing Seniors who seem to do better when they can also clearly see a person speaking. GF Cafe has a more moderate price range, but is still a very nice table service restaurant with nice windows and views. Personally, I prefer the GF Cafe salmon dish over either of the fish dishes at Citricos and I love the GF Cafe Lobster Thermidor Burger. I also like the desserts better at GF Cafe (they have an excellent Key Lime Pie). The food and decor is great at Citricos too, more "fancy" and with higher price tag. With either location, after dinner we walk outside to the patio at Gasparilla Grill, get chairs and sit and watch Enchantment fireworks (with the music piped in).

Looking to make a reservation for 6 in October, in DS or a WDW hotel. My FIL wears hearing aids and if the dining room is noisy he can't hear anything. Any suggestions? (Victoria and Albert is out of the que$$$tion)

TIA for any suggestions! :)
We've had good experiences at Il Miluno at the Swan. Quiet and the food was excellent.

If your FIL is veteran then shades of green would be an option. They have a nice steakhouse and prices tend to be pretty reasonable. Always good to call and double check how many guests can arrive with the veteran and he would need to show vet identification

Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. I've not been personally, but my parents really liked it and said it was virtually empty.

Tiffins at Animal Kingdom has been super quiet both times I've eaten there and the food is outstanding. Each time there was hardly any dining parties at all there. For the most part, I feel like most of the signature restaurants I've been too have been relatively quiet aside from California Grill.

Monsieur Paul at Epcot is super quiet too. I mean, generally speaking, there are simply less children at the signatures, so they will all mostly tend to be kinda quiet by comparison.

Ironically, Sci-Fi Dine in at Hollywood Studios tends to be pretty quiet since I think even the kids are in enthralled by the dark movie-theater setting and sitting in the cars.

I think time of day is more important than where you go. An 11am or 5pm reservation at a relatively "off the grid" resort spot should be pretty quiet.

I had a party of 7 in a secluded room at wine bar George. It was fabulous. Nice large table to spread out and we could hear each other so well. It was upstairs and away from everything. This would be in Disney springs.

I agree with the secluded room at Wine Bar George, actually all the suggestions were great. My husband also uses hearing aids and we dine frequently at disney. Overall , always a great visit with a special touch , any time of day, is the Grand Floridian Cafe. Another idea, bar seats at the Sky Lounge in Epcot for an easy break or slice of pizza outside by the Edison in Disney Springs.

Shula's, Blue Zoo, Il Mulino, Flying Fish, Yachtsman, Ale & Compass, Nine Dragons, San Angel (surprisingly quiet despite the location), Le Cellier, Space 220. . .that's all I have off the top of my head. We have typically found Disney Springs restaurants loud and busy, i.e., Homecomin', STK and Morimoto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter