An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

That's what you said!! When we parted ways after our visit, you were headed to the Safari. How was your spin through the Savanah? It was so fun getting to visit with you and finally meet! :D

Yes, those gorillas are just super to spend time watching. The babies are just so adorable, the boys are always being so silly and nothing beats the stoic magnificence of the silverbacks.
We enjoyed the safari that we rode with you the most because of the CM. He was great and I would love to have him again.

It was fun getting together with you for a few hours. :) We have been to WDW plenty of times, so meeting people and having fun conversations is one of the things we enjoy the most about our trips. :)

The baby gorilla was adorable. It almost looked like the mother gorilla purposely put her baby close to the window so she could show him/her off. :) The tree-climbing gorilla was fascinating. Sometimes the gorillas are boring, but not that morning. :)

I can 100% relate to and understand ALL of that. When I first came on in 2008 I had a lot of spare time and it was my escape. Now, I have so little time with my job and when I do get off or home, I am simply wiped out and have no more to give. But, I still love to write and share my photos and that does keep my here and going. I've made some truly wonderful friends through the platform and wouldn't trade that for anything!

Couldn't agree more!

I generally saw really happy, well-behaved people this trip last week. Only one incidence of an adult yelling at the kids, but generally it was a lot of positive energy and celebration.

That's so wonderful <3 It really is the happiest/most special place on earth, and I can only imagine how magical the energy was this last couple of weeks!

Now I need to watch that movie!

Finding Nemo is one of my favourite movies! I think I enjoy Monster's Inc slightly more, but I feel like Finding Nemo is objectively a slightly better movie, potentially the best Pixar movie.

I think that was it. She just never recovered, but having said that, she said that the moving walkways getting off the dark rides made her vertigo act up. Which seems REALLY extreme to me.

Wow! That IS extreme. Poor Marcia. Disney has lots to offer beyond the rides, but she really did miss out on so much of what makes it great with such an extreme aversion to things that move. Not sure how she rides in a car...flies in a plane...walks from one location to the next...hehehe

Did you hear about that guy who brought one into MK last week?!?! I felt sooooo bad for the monkey! I thought it was a joke, but it wasn't! I heard the CMs talking about it as I was exiting the park and it turned out to be true!! He had it in a backpack. OMG, can you imagine how hot and horrible it must have been for that poor creature? What is wrong with people?!

Oh. My. Gosh! I had NOT heard about this! That's wild! That poor little babe, stuck in a backpack in the heat... :(

ME TOO! I'm a bit sad I haven't been able to visit others' threads in such a long time!! I'll catch up at some point, but it'll take a bit for sure.

I hear you. I'm caught up on a few reports now, like this one, but I still have a few on my "watch" list left. And haven't even started writing anything new. It's hard to catch up sometimes!

Marcia has found some good recipes (one is for biscuits that they use for cobbler) that she likes but goes to MOD Pizza for her pizza needs.

Yum! I've got a few tried and true recipes now after doing this for a few years. And a few mixes and GF flour blends that I like to use. I do really well with muffins and things like banana bread or pumpkin bread, etc. And I've got some savoury staples mastered now, like gluten free gravy, mac and cheese, etc. But I always go store-bought or do takeout for pizza.

The garlic is super tasty but I'm always afraid to eat much. Although it might make people give me my 6 feet more enthusiastically.

HAH! Good point! 😆

By the time they have drawn an entire eye, I'm usually trying to find pencil.

:laughing:::yes::

the choices are SO limited right now. We had more than one CM tell us that the supply chain is still jacked up. Covid has really messed with the food situation at Disney.

:( Covid's messed with so many situations.

The sheer number of animals in the roots and branches never ceases to amaze me here.

I totally agree. I think I see something new every time I make time to look.

I don’t know if the handpainted beads in this display is considered part of the “art collection”, but I really admired it. The detail is stunning and as colorful and artistic as the telephone wire baskets I’d discovered years prior. I found a “basket” I loved a couple of years ago and bought it, and now am wondering if I need a small handful of beads for my Africa display in the house.

Love the bright colors of the beads.

but hullo, who doesn’t love the Sanaa Bread Service?!

I love the Bread Service! Facebook reminded me that on Oct 8th of last year we were enjoying it.

We’ve discussed the food sensitivities/tastes already, and luckily Sanaa offered a GF option for just such an occasion. I present to you perhaps the most… odd… looking rendition of naan on Earth. Does this even come close to looking like naan to anyone else? It looks like a cracker. NOT crispy at all on the outside nor soft and fluffy inside. This was an imposter of grand delusions, and I needed another sip of that martini.

That just looks so wrong. Glad you had the martini to help you through it.

Even in the gluten-free “bread” disappointment, we ranked our 9 accompaniments, each finding a different one to hold top spot. I loved the spicier, more flavorful ones; she preferred the sweeter end of the spectrum. That’s what I love about the bread service.

I wish I could remember what I liked the most. I think I need to do more research and go again.

She asked the server a ton of questions about the ingredients, and he even brought out a sample of a couple of different things for her to try. I was incredibly impressed, and she settled on the Braised Beef with Basmati rice along with Coconut-Cilantro Veggies.

Her meal actually sounds pretty good. Your server really went over and above to find her something.

I know I’ve mentioned how much I enjoy the murals throughout this trail.

Something else we have in common.

Very pretty!

For some ridiculous reason I had the silly notion that the AoA QS would be a good idea. I ended up with this pathetic option and cannot recall a more disgusting meal on Disney property. Clearly, I need to be focusing more on producing additional pieces of priceless art to fund better food delivered on demand. I tossed ¾ of it in the trash. The stench of stale tendies and fries almost made me gag around 3:00 AM and I don’t think it ever went away our entire stay. And this ended Day 2 of our Flower and Garden Trip. Sweet Deep Fat Fried Dreams, All!

I have heartburn just reading this. We were very disappointed with the QS options at resorts since the reopening. I hope they get better.

:laughing:
Stupid minds think alike??

Hey, you said it!

Oh, yes. I remember that.
Wasn't that... about 20 years ago?

It felt like that about 3 weeks into this nonsense.

Eat half. Toss the rest. Live a little!
Wait til I get to the Disney portion.... Oy!

Rude? Nah. Get you banned? Probably!

Then let's not poo fling.

I have a few of those names as well.
And yet you manage to do it so well.

Aw, shucks, thanks! :)

I remember years ago reading a book and a comment in it was "Hamburger helper. You should just throw out what's inside and eat the box."
Perhaps? Lady, you were there! You should know!

My memory ain't what it used to be and my TR note taking skilz are slipping.

We're back to tushies again?!?!?!?
Why not! Butt jokes are funny.

We enjoyed the safari that we rode with you the most because of the CM. He was great and I would love to have him again.

He super was. :) Kind of a dry sense of humor and deadpan with all the right punchlines. Jungle Cruise Meets Safari!

It was fun getting together with you for a few hours. :) We have been to WDW plenty of times, so meeting people and having fun conversations is one of the things we enjoy the most about our trips. :)

:hug:

The baby gorilla was adorable. It almost looked like the mother gorilla purposely put her baby close to the window so she could show him/her off. :) The tree-climbing gorilla was fascinating. Sometimes the gorillas are boring, but not that morning. :)

We really struck it rich on that trek! :)

That's so wonderful <3 It really is the happiest/most special place on earth, and I can only imagine how magical the energy was this last couple of weeks!

There are a few things I'm definitely not happy about. I'd love to FPs back, better bus service, pre-Covid menus at just about everywhere, and Tron and GotG to open. But I still love a vacation there and hope to go at least once more while I have an AP.

Finding Nemo is one of my favourite movies! I think I enjoy Monster's Inc slightly more, but I feel like Finding Nemo is objectively a slightly better movie, potentially the best Pixar movie.

I think I enjoy Monsters and Cars a bit more than Nemo. Gosh it's hard to choose which one is "better" and think it comes down to which speaks to me/which one I can relate to on any given watching. I know my kids watched Monsters ad nauseum when I was pregnant with Anara in Thailand.

Wow! That IS extreme. Poor Marcia. Disney has lots to offer beyond the rides, but she really did miss out on so much of what makes it great with such an extreme aversion to things that move. Not sure how she rides in a car...flies in a plane...walks from one location to the next...hehehe

She gets wildly car sick to and can't be in the back seat at all. I wonder if there is a treatment for this issue for normal everyday things. :(

Oh. My. Gosh! I had NOT heard about this! That's wild! That poor little babe, stuck in a backpack in the heat... :(

It's like the equivalent of locking a dog or kid in a hot car.
I hear you. I'm caught up on a few reports now, like this one, but I still have a few on my "watch" list left. And haven't even started writing anything new. It's hard to catch up sometimes!

OH how I know this!!

Yum! I've got a few tried and true recipes now after doing this for a few years. And a few mixes and GF flour blends that I like to use. I do really well with muffins and things like banana bread or pumpkin bread, etc. And I've got some savoury staples mastered now, like gluten free gravy, mac and cheese, etc. But I always go store-bought or do takeout for pizza.

I can imagine that'd take quite a bit of practice for sure! This makes me happy you have found things that you enjoy without giving up the joy of baked things!

I totally agree. I think I see something new every time I make time to look.
I never get tired of taking this trail.
Love the bright colors of the beads.
Right?! I love them!
I love the Bread Service! Facebook reminded me that on Oct 8th of last year we were enjoying it.

I saw you post that memory! Fun that popped up!
That just looks so wrong. Glad you had the martini to help you through it.

:laughing:
I wish I could remember what I liked the most. I think I need to do more research and go again.

There always seems to be enough time between my visits that it doesn't get old or boring.
Her meal actually sounds pretty good. Your server really went over and above to find her something.

He was so patient and really did his best to help.
I have heartburn just reading this. We were very disappointed with the QS options at resorts since the reopening. I hope they get better.
There are some that are pretty good, like Satuli, 8 Spoons, Baseline and pretty much a ton in EPCOT, but at the resorts...? nope.

It felt like that about 3 weeks into this nonsense.
Unfortunately. :sad2:
Wait til I get to the Disney portion.... Oy!
popcorn::
My memory ain't what it used to be and my TR note taking skilz are slipping.
Yeah, join the club...
Why not! Butt jokes are funny.
They crack me up!
I was thinking Forest Gump. Mama says stupid is as stupid does.
Life is like a box of chocolates... mmmmmm... chocolate...

what were we talking about?

Okay, I am late to the party, but I am here. I always enjoy reading your trip reports!

As a life long Oregonian, I just have to say I am sad to be losing so many friends to being done with Oregon. And I might even be sort-of / kind-of related to a State Senator who is also kind-of/sort-of done with Oregon, with hinted plans to leave after their term is done. It has me sad, but on the bright side, there are so many friends to visit in so many states now!

I have to say you are brave to visit WDW so close after surgery, but I understand your thinking. Smart call on the scooter, they can be really helpful.

We did WDW in August, and it was so good to be back, but I really don't every want to go in August again. I much prefer November thru early March. Both weather and crowd level tbh.

Anyway, I am enjoying your trip thus far, and I actually appreciate that you are honest with the bumps. No Disney trip is ever fully perfect, and we all need to expect the unexpected on these trips. When we were there in August, my DD was sick for a few days, and we had to leave parks early when she was just done. Bummer, but we roll with the punches.

Heidi

Chapter Teaser!!

While the management continues to work diligently to bring you more magic, please take a moment enjoy a little "Where-Are-We Trivia?

Put on your thinking caps and post a guess with a spoiler so it's not too easy for your friends. :) (Found in the dropdown under the 3 little dots with down arrow- just highlight your answer and push "Inline Spoiler".)

Last edited:
Chapter Teaser!!

While the management continues to work diligently to bring you more magic, please take a moment enjoy a little "Where-Are-We Trivia?

Put on your thinking caps and post a guess with a spoiler so it's not too easy for your friends. :) (Found in the dropdown under the 3 little dots with down arrow- just highlight your answer and push "Spoiler.)

Tried to do spoiler as you mentioned, but didn't seem to work. It's just for fun, so I'll know if I was right when you reveal.

Okay, I am late to the party, but I am here. I always enjoy reading your trip reports!

Oh no, one is never "late" to a Steppe Party!!! Never.

Welcome, New Friend!! Lots to come yet, so settle on in!

As a life long Oregonian, I just have to say I am sad to be losing so many friends to being done with Oregon. And I might even be sort-of / kind-of related to a State Senator who is also kind-of/sort-of done with Oregon, with hinted plans to leave after their term is done. It has me sad, but on the bright side, there are so many friends to visit in so many states now!

I am sad too. I confess the weather was a big part of my exit, but definitely some other reasons too.
I have to say you are brave to visit WDW so close after surgery, but I understand your thinking. Smart call on the scooter, they can be really helpful.
We did WDW in August, and it was so good to be back, but I really don't every want to go in August again. I much prefer November thru early March. Both weather and crowd level tbh.
Anyway, I am enjoying your trip thus far, and I actually appreciate that you are honest with the bumps. No Disney trip is ever fully perfect, and we all need to expect the unexpected on these trips. When we were there in August, my DD was sick for a few days, and we had to leave parks early when she was just done. Bummer, but we roll with the punches.
Tried to do spoiler as you mentioned, but didn't seem to work. It's just for fun, so I'll know if I was right when you reveal.
I’ll try on my end. :)

Oh no, one is never "late" to a Steppe Party!!! Never.

Welcome, New Friend!! Lots to come yet, so settle on in!

I am sad too. I confess the weather was a big part of my exit, but definitely some other reasons too. I think some things are alarming and were certainly making me think twice about going to Portland... or just not going at all.

But!!! Please come visit!!! I'd love to host a visit with you!

It made my visit not just doable, but actually as enjoyable as possible under the circumstances. :)

I've done August before and yikes was it every uncomfortable! The sweat looked like the backside of water.

I've never had a trip in which the unexpected didn't happen. Except the times I expect to have forgotten something(s). LOL!

But yes, even in the worst of circumstances Disney is a great place to find resourcing, help, or at least a comfortable environment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter