• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Epcot girl at Polynesian

I am the opposite of you....funny! I am a MK and Epcot girl and love the monorail access to both so the Poly has always been my choice stay and now my DHs which took some convincing and not looking at the price...sigh..

But next year I have convinced him to stay a time the BC. I stayed there when it opened in 1990 ish and there was no kiddie pool and the bot driver told us about this boardwalk they were going to build "over there." So I just convinced him to do a split stay and told him the BC is a tad bit cheaper. 5 nights at the BC followed by 6 nights at the Poly. It's going to be rough not seeing the castle on arrival day but I will deal...

Go and have fun. It's not dated, it's just tropical. Think of it as Disney old school!

I'm kind of torn on my advice here, the Poly is a great resort for kids, one of the best on property. On the other hand, we too are Epcot resort people and I haven't been able to make myself stay in a monorail resort since the Epcot ones opened (we have been going to WDW for so long Shades of Green was a WDW resort and not military and the monorail resorts were the only game in town if you wanted to stay on property). I've thought about split stays between a monorail resort and my beloved Epcot resorts but haven't been able to pull the trigger because I dislike the monorail so much and it's the only way to get to Epcot if you aren't driving from them. I do split stays just about every trip, and have done some for as little as 4 nights but I don't have a little person any more. They are the best of both worlds and not really that big of a deal if you plan accordingly.

I prefer the epcot area as well. Poly for me is overated. I will stay at BW, BC or YC and save money. If I ever stay monorail resort again, might as well pay for TPV at Contemporary. pirate:

We are Epcot people, too! :) Though our "home" is the Boardwalk.

The overall feel of the resort was much busier than we like. It's a rather popular place for people to visit who aren't staying there, so we found the lounges, and particularly trying to watch the MK fireworks outside very congested. Roaming around there at night is definitely not like roaming around Crescent Lake in the evening, even with the busy-ness of the Boardwalk at night!

Good luck!

I just had to quote this part because it just shows what one person dislikes, another person likes.

One of the biggest reasons we are switching to Polynesian from Yacht/Beach Club is because Polynesian is busier! We found the Boardwalk area oddly quiet after about 8 or so, the hotels were so quiet it was like a tomb. :)

Looking forward to the loudness of the Polynesian!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter