An open letter to Disney about mandatory room checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying that a "knock and enter" is the same thing as video recording people in their bedroom? Really? There is no expectation of privacy in a bedroom? I would love to hear this argument.
"Reasonable expectation of privacy" is a legal term. So a space either has it or it doesn't. Disney is telling you in writing that you don't have it in your hotel room.

View attachment 317728 View attachment 317724 View attachment 317725 View attachment 317725 View attachment 317727

As we have found out there are plenty of very nice places that do not do this .. like universal resorts and I do enjoy the embassy suites on 535 ( they have all suites with separate living room / bed room areas , free good full breakfast cooked fresh and free evening cocktails / beer and finger foods ) they also have a nice restaurant that has really good food and surprisingly not expensive which you can also have delivered by room service . If you sign up for Hilton honors you can normally find for less then most Disney values .
Are these pictures all Embassy Suites? Really pretty.

Does anyone know whether it's housekeeping or security trained cast members coming in on these random walk ins?

Disney releases injury reports, I would like to see theft reports released. This opens the door literally to anyone being inside your room and not giving a decent reason. I am latching latching latching that door every second I am there and I need my safe to be quadrupled in size for my stuff. It's a good thing I will be sleeping next to a law enforcement officer every night I am there.

Disney releases injury reports, I would like to see theft reports released. This opens the door literally to anyone being inside your room and not giving a decent reason. I am latching latching latching that door every second I am there and I need my safe to be quadrupled in size for my stuff. It's a good thing I will be sleeping next to a law enforcement officer every night I am there.

Haha yep .. stay safe , sleep with a cop lol ( very few will laugh at that ) LOl

Lol, yeah I am sure there are no naysayers. I'm completely used to the flack:rolleyes1
I have a good one of 28 yrs and I'm keeping him. He takes the uniform off next year (we're both happy about that)

Yeh , stayed 7 days for a LE convention ( during the nightclub attack) . It was nice, plenty of room and free good food .

Our trips coincided...we were there during nightclub attack and alligator tragedy :worried:

Lol, yeah I am sure there are no naysayers. I'm completely used to the flack:rolleyes1
I have a good one of 28 yrs and I'm keeping him. He takes the uniform off next year (we're both happy about that)

Our trips coincided...we were there during nightclub attack and alligator tragedy :worried:

Yep same time .. it was just odd being there then .. we were at a “ special unit “ type convention.. needless to say it was a entire hotel filled with cops so I know for myself I felt completely safe .. BUT lucky you .. still have 6 yrs but he will be done by 47 yrs old ( 65 in real people years lol ) .

Yep same time .. it was just odd being there then .. we were at a “ special unit “ type convention.. needless to say it was a entire hotel filled with cops so I know for myself I felt completely safe .. BUT lucky you .. still have 6 yrs but he will be done by 47 yrs old ( 65 in real people years lol ) .
My husband will be 52 when he retires which is young but wow 47 that's excellent.
With the tragedies I kept waiting for the 3rd bad thing to happen.
8 months later we travel to Orlando again and on the way there in South Carolina we had a 20 car police chase near the exit ramp to our hotel. There was a manhunt for 4 guys who robbed a bank and shot at police. I thought woah that's a bit exciting. The next day at Magic Kingdom I broke my arm. Just surreal

Back to topic......I don't mind room checks for safety blah blah blah but I think it opens the door for anyone to be in your room with possible ill motives and a good cover story JMO

My husband will be 52 when he retires which is young but wow 47 that's excellent.
With the tragedies I kept waiting for the 3rd bad thing to happen.
8 months later we travel to Orlando again and on the way there in South Carolina we had a 20 car police chase near the exit ramp to our hotel. There was a manhunt for 4 guys who robbed a bank and shot at police. I thought woah that's a bit exciting. The next day at Magic Kingdom I broke my arm. Just surreal

Back to topic......I don't mind room checks for safety blah blah blah but I think it opens the door for anyone to be in your room with possible ill motives and a good cover story JMO

Plus it’s built into us to be more suspicious lol yeh it’s young but he started practically a baby lol
Well you know 2 deputies were ambushed and killed in Gainesville today .. uuggg not far from where we are at .

"Reasonable expectation of privacy" is a legal term. So a space either has it or it doesn't. Disney is telling you in writing that you don't have it in your hotel room.
They have always had/reserved the right to enter the rooms for any reason. Now they're exercising it daily.

I understand what it. Is, I am simply saying that that I believe that making the leap that placing video cameras in a bedrooms legal is silly.

They have always had/reserved the right to enter the rooms for any reason. Now they're exercising it daily.
I know, and I think that the folks who insist this can lead to video cameras in rooms are stretching.

I understand what it. Is, I am simply saying that that I believe that making the leap that placing video cameras in a bedrooms legal is silly.

I know, and I think that the folks who insist this can lead to video cameras in rooms are stretching.

Again . .. you CAN put a nanny cam in a hotel room .. this is nothing like putting a cam in someone’s bedroom .. guests have a expectation of privacy, housekeepers do not ... most people “ at work “ do not .
To clarify the guest at that time can put a nanny cam up , but must remove when they check out .. housekeeping or hotels can not put in a camera without your knowledge.

Again . .. you CAN put a nanny cam in a hotel room .. this is nothing like putting a cam in someone’s bedroom .. guests have a expectation of privacy, housekeepers do not ... most people “ at work “ do not .
To clarify the guest at that time can put a nanny cam up , but must remove when they check out .. housekeeping or hotels can not put in a camera without your knowledge.

And this is what I am saying....Disney is NOT going to put nanny cams in their resort rooms. I don't care one way or another if a guest can or does, and have not even chimed in on that aspect of the conversation. I am saying saying that I find any argument that that a knock and enter policy that allows for a CM to enter a room removes any expectation of privacy so it also allows for cameras is ludicrous. I would pay money to watch any disney lawyer argue that point.

Thanks for the heads up about Hilton honors. I will sign up asap. I agree that if Disney doesn't adjust or do away with this ridiculous practice of "room checks", then I will go offsite, even though I love being onsite. Enough is enough. Where has common sense gone?
Right now, Hilton Honors will double the number of points you get for stays up through sometime in August if you sign up for that benefit. Just ask about double points

Personally I don't care if they walk in and I'm changing or having "alone time with my hubby" (pull up a chair- ha ha Just kidding) -but when I think of anyone possibly interrupting my sleep to do a check it makes me a bit miffed. I only bother sleeping 6 hours at most so what I get I don't want to give up..even a minute (that's why I have a white noise machine) I don't like the thought of showering and someone appearing in my room either.

Word of the day=LATCH

Personally I don't care if they walk in and I'm changing or having "alone time with my hubby" (pull up a chair- ha ha Just kidding) -but when I think of anyone possibly interrupting my sleep to do a check it makes me a bit miffed. I only bother sleeping 6 hours at most so what I get I don't want to give up..even a minute (that's why I have a white noise machine) I don't like the thought of showering and someone appearing in my room either.

Word of the day=LATCH

I agree !! If your anything like me given the spouses occupation I’m sure you value that “ time away “ from the daily BS ... because even at home “ off duty “ there is always SOMETHING ... I completely get that!

FYI, I posted an edit to the original post. It's located at the end of the original post after the word "EDIT". I did not change the content of the original other than add an additional comment.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter