"... and now we wait ... " :)

joelp

DIS Veteran
We made an offer this morning on a 100 pt AKV contract - and it was accepted!!

$72 a point with 200 banked points -100 of which have to be used by December: so we may be taking a road trip to Hilton Head this fall ... :)

The real estate agent has already e-mailed me the contract documents - and as soon as the DW gets home from work, we sign 'em and ship 'em back ...

And I realized: we're gonna buy a "retirement home" in Florida!! LOL!! ...

With giraffes and zebras as neighbors!!! He - he - he!!

[... can't get the emoticons to work ... happens occasionally ... ]

So the DW asked me, what happens after we finish with the initial paperwork and send in the deposit ... ?

congrats and good luck with waiting! i'm at just over 2 weeks, it hasn't been too bad... ;)

We made an offer this morning on a 100 pt AKV contract - and it was accepted!!

$72 a point with 200 banked points -100 of which have to be used by December: so we may be taking a road trip to Hilton Head this fall ... :)

The real estate agent has already e-mailed me the contract documents - and as soon as the DW gets home from work, we sign 'em and ship 'em back ...

And I realized: we're gonna buy a "retirement home" in Florida!! LOL!! ...

With giraffes and zebras as neighbors!!! He - he - he!!

[... can't get the emoticons to work ... happens occasionally ... ]

So the DW asked me, what happens after we finish with the initial paperwork and send in the deposit ... ?
CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer2:

A whole lot of waiting is what happens next! :rotfl:

Now you have to wait for the seller to turn in their paper work. If they're motivated it could be right away. If not then it could be several weeks.

Then you will receive confirmation that the real estate agency has received both sets of paper work and that your papers have been submitted to Disney for ROFR.

Then you wait for Disney for up to 30 days.

If you pass ROFR, then you will receive congratulations from your agent and instructions to keep an eye out for closing documents.

Then you wait for closing documents. Once received, you fill them out with full payment and send them off.

Then you wait for the Title Company to receive both your closing documents and once again, the seller's documents.

After that, you get to wait for final confirmation plus for your points to load in the Disney system.

This is what I looked like going through this process...
:hourglass :coffee: :laundy: :hourglass :sick: :happytv: :confused3 popcorn:: :hourglass

You may also spend an inordinate amount of time on this board :rolleyes1

Congrats! I saw those contracts listed and it is nice to get something loaded! You should not have any trouble passing ROFR -- I just passed with an AKV 105 point contract for a little less than your price. It took 44 days from offer to close and then about 7-10 more days for the points to be loaded.

I think the contract you bought has banked Dec 2010 points that need to be used by 11/30/12 and it must also have Dec 2011 points, which are good through 11/30/12, as well. If you desire, you should see if the current owners can bank the 2011 points into the 2012 UY, which would give you 200 points for 12/1/12 - 11/30/13. The banking deadline is 7/31/12, and you probably won't have closed by then. That would leave you with only 100 points to use by 11/30/12. Just a consideration, unless you already know you can burn 200 points by the end of Nov. Since you probably won't be loaded into the system until mid-Aug, you are cutting it close for trying to get a reservation before 11/30.

Welcome Home, neighbor!

That's exactly what we're having the sellers do - that way we'll have 200 points available for our first trip to our new "home" in November 2013, and may not have to borrow into the 2013 UY ...

I was thinking of using the 100 points this fall to go to HH - but checked and it's a 14 hour drive - so we may just try to rent them ... or not ... :)

There's also a Club Intrawest resort in Quebec that I'm going to look into ... only 11 points per night during the week, 21 on the weekend, for a 2-bedroom suite ...

Time for bed ... now we'll see if I can get to sleep ... :)

Well done. I am normally quite a patient person but waiting for my first Reasle to complete is turning me into a day counting wreck!:eek:

ROFR took three wekks but now we seem to be on hold waiting for the seller to sign, surely they want our money!

That's exactly what we're having the sellers do - that way we'll have 200 points available for our first trip to our new "home" in November 2013, and may not have to borrow into the 2013 UY ...

I was thinking of using the 100 points this fall to go to HH - but checked and it's a 14 hour drive - so we may just try to rent them ... or not ... :)

There's also a Club Intrawest resort in Quebec that I'm going to look into ... only 11 points per night during the week, 21 on the weekend, for a 2-bedroom suite ...

Time for bed ... now we'll see if I can get to sleep ... :)

Good luck! Good call on the banking. Here's a bunch of dancing bananas to distract the monkey! :banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations on your AKV purchase - good luck through the ROFR process I hope the time flies by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter