• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

And they're off! Live trip report

Great updates

We went first week of May 2012 and weather was amazing - virtually no rain and really hot. Really is pot luck.

Hope the rain stops soon so you can get on with your plans :goodvibes Are you enjoying being there for longer this time?

Forecast is good for tomorrow so we can get on with the plans! LOL Still loving being here and having the extra days here is fantastic.

Not been early May but once went mid to late May and we saw lots of rain that trip. It can happen, worst we had was late July into August one year, torrential storms 8-9 hours every day for the whole 2 weeks.

That must have been really disappointing. I feel so sorry for the people with children who have not been before and may not be able to.come back again.

Great updates

We went first week of May 2012 and weather was amazing - virtually no rain and really hot. Really is pot luck.

We were here then too. Up until last year we have had great weather in April/May and even last year the rain was here for about 4 days but was localised to the Orlando area so we were able to escape to the west coast and avoid it.

Some years we have seen no rain whatsoever. We were very lucky then.

The rain started shortly after 8 am today and has continued for most of the day. It reminds us of many holidays in the Lake District! :lmao: But warmer!

We decided to go shopping again to Premium Outlet Mall at Vineland Rd. DH got some new shorts and jeans and I got some new gym stuff. We had arrived as the shops opened, expecting crowds to have the same plan. We were right, by the time we left this afternoon there was not a single place to park and cars were backed up trying to get in.

We ate at Mannys again tonight.

Forecast for tomorrow is for sunshine and highs of 83F! Think we'll do Seaworld again in the morning after going out for breakfast and then go to Lakeridge Winery for the jazzfestival on the vineyard green in the afternoon.

This is so different to our Orlando holidays it's really interesting to follow along. You've done some things I would never have thought of. Fun for grown up future trips I thinks :) Sorry about the rain. We once had 7 days consecutive torrential rain in August associated with a tropical storm. It was a bit miserable really. Hope it dries out soon there for you.

This is so different to our Orlando holidays it's really interesting to follow along. You've done some things I would never have thought of. Fun for grown up future trips I thinks :) Sorry about the rain. We once had 7 days consecutive torrential rain in August associated with a tropical storm. It was a bit miserable really. Hope it dries out soon there for you.

Glad you are finding it interesting. We akways like to do something different and have been coming on our own since DS was 18 and didn't want to come with us any more (8 years now). I have done live trip reports for the past 4 or 5 trips and we have done all sorts including me flying an open cockpit plane and us having a ride in a NASCAR. As yet we haven't been down to Miami or the Keys and we keep finding more places to visit here and things to do so will just have to keep coming back!
:)

Weather looking good for today! :cool1:

Sun just coming up and not a cloud in the sky.

Its more the type of trips we will be looking to do after this year. Once our Disney AP's expire we want to do more things away from the parks. We will continue with our SW & BG AP's but then explore more. Also considering a road trip incl New Orleans and missing Orlando totally that holiday.

Its more the type of trips we will be looking to do after this year. Once our Disney AP's expire we want to do more things away from the parks. We will continue with our SW & BG AP's but then explore more. Also considering a road trip incl New Orleans and missing Orlando totally that holiday.

We have found so many great things to do and places to visit away from the parks. even with three weeks we still won't be able to do everything we would like to do this trip.

What's made you decide not to renew your Dsney APs?

Super day today! Not a cloud in the sky.

Had breakfast at Bob Evans then went to Seaworld until 12.30. Not sure if other people know about it but we weren't aware until today of the Sandbar at the bottom of the Tower in SW.It's a really peaceful little spot tucked out of the way.

We went straight from Seaworld to Lakeridge Winery and did the winetasting tour before setting up our chairs on the vineyard green to listen to the band. Admission is by voluntary donation of $2 per person in aid of the local food bank. Yesterday's session had been cancelled due to the inclement weather, so today was quite busy. We had seen the band before but it was still an enjoyable and relaxing afternoon.

Dinner this evening was at Chuys Mexican restaurant and we then went to check out Truck Cruise night at the Old Town. Not many trucks to be seen, so after a walk around we drove on to Celebration and had a walk there too.

Tomorrow we are off to Busch.

And the sun is still shining!

Good day at Busch yesterday. Crowds were significantly up on the same time last year, probably due to the weather. Also, some of the rides had been affected by the torrential rains last week and were not operating properly. Cheetah Hunt ride didn't work all day and others had to keep closing for periods. However it made us try rides and see attractions that we had not spent much time on in the past.

We were there for park opening to closing and still had more to see.

Dinner was at DTD which was packed with people. We ate at Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli. Was a bit disappointed that EoS had dropped the beef and blue cheese I used to like. The sundaes and shakes at Ghirardelli also seem a lot smaller these days too!

So much building work going on there. It will be unrecognizable from the place we first visited.

Have decided to go to Cocoa Beach today. Really want to see the pier one last time before it changes for good.

Some photos. Apologies for the poor quality. I have been taking them with my Blackberry.

The peaceful litttle Sandbar at SW

IMG_1171797851566.jpg

Dinner at Chuys. The meal in the foreground is the Elvis Presley Memorial Platter!

IMG_1151635864260.jpg

Sunset in Celebration

IMG_1162501342776.jpg

I think we went about 4 times to Ghiradellis :scared1: I did get the AP discount though! Nothing better than sitting outside eating a lovely ice-cream sundae :goodvibes

The photo of Celebration is lovely, that's another place we like to go and have a stroll around the lakes. Really enjoying your updates :thumbsup2

I think we went about 4 times to Ghiradellis :scared1: I did get the AP discount though! Nothing better than sitting outside eating a lovely ice-cream sundae :goodvibes

The photo of Celebration is lovely, that's another place we like to go and have a stroll around the lakes. Really enjoying your updates :thumbsup2

Even with AP discount I don't think they are worth it(also a discount voucher in I Love Orlando mag outside Walgreens, worth $1 off each Sundae). If in Disney I would rather goto Beaches & Cream or far better ice cream and prices we go here at LBV http://www.twisteetreatocoeelbv.com/Lake_Buena_Vista.html :thumbsup2

I also love Ghirardelli's and think their shakes and malts are worth the money. Personally I think they are the best on resort. A chocolate malt is one of my must do's when I am there.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter