Andrea & Kory's 6/11/11 Wishes Wedding--WP&GF Ballroom**Updated 8/15 Ann. Pics Last!

So here are the shoes that I bought. They aren't the exact right shade of purple but I think that's okay. I love their name--Getting Hitched. And I love that there's a red heart at the bottom (I was going to get the I DO crystal to put on the bottom, but I won't need to with this shoe). I'm not too sure about the flower though. I got them on sale so if I find another pair I like better its no biggie.

shoe3.jpg
shoe2.jpg

shoe1.jpg

But here is the shoe I would LOVE to find! And it's pretty much the right color! It's be Jessica Simpson but its been discontinued. There's a pair on ebay right now, but they're 2 sizes too big so that wouldn't work

shoes.jpg

Anyone else have any good ideas for matching shoes?

You might could find a pair and dye them to match. Maybe mix colors to find the perfect recipe. It might take some time but at least youd have your dream shoes!

I love your dress!! The pick-ups are so elegant! :)

I love the first shoes actually, and how appropriately named!! I love the heart on the bottom too! :D

Can you add a gem or some jewels to the shoe you already have? They have clip on jewels?

You might could find a pair and dye them to match. Maybe mix colors to find the perfect recipe. It might take some time but at least youd have your dream shoes!

Hmm.. looking through all of the sites and I never thought of that. How??? I know both David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo have dyable shoes but somehow it slipped my brain when I was actually looking for my own wedding shoes. I'll have to go check out their syles.

I love your dress!! The pick-ups are so elegant! :)

I love the first shoes actually, and how appropriately named!! I love the heart on the bottom too! :D

Can you add a gem or some jewels to the shoe you already have? They have clip on jewels?

I would love to add a jewel to the shoe, but I can't really take the flower off

So here is a picture of my engagement ring. It's exactly what I wanted! I had sent pictures of what I wanted to my friends in case DF asked them, but he didn't and had just picked up on clues!

Ring--engagement.jpg

And here is the wedding band that I wanted and had gone to look at before and planned to get

ring--no.jpg

but when we went DF saw this one and liked it better

Ring--wedding.jpg

so we bought it today! What do you guys think? Does it take away from the engagement ring?

So my wedding dress came in early (4 weeks instead of 10 weeks) and I went to go see it today. I'm glad I did because I have good news and bad news about it.

Good news--it fits great and I love it! The only alterations I'll probably have to add will be the bustle and having padded cups put in (so I don't have to worry about a bra). The shoes I have for now (although I'm not set on them) are the perfect height.

Here are some pictures

mydress3.jpg

a full shot

mydress1.jpg

from the back

mydress2.jpg

over the shoulder

mydress4.jpg

front close up

mydress7.jpg

back close up

Bad news--the netting on the front is wrinkled! I know that another disbride had this happen. I hope she had as good of customer service as I did. The manager came over and said that the seamstress could probably slice the netting open in several places and make it straight but they aren't going to chance it and are just going to order me a brand new one and put notes about what was wrong in this order. So while I'm sad that I don't have my dress, I'm glad they're taking care of the situation.

mydress8.jpg

It kind of looks like shadows here, but the netting is acutally wrinkled

mydress9.jpg

So please keep your fingers crossed that the new dress won't have this problem!

It looks great!! But I definately see the wrinkles. Atleast they are getting it all fixed for you :)

I LOVE that dress, I wanted to try the same one on but the store I went to didn't have it (of course now they opened an Alfred Angelo store right by my house AFTER I bought my dress lol). It looks great on you! I do see what you mean about the wrinkles, and hopefully they will take care of this for you, I would think after they steam it, it should be fine. Congrats on getting your wedding bands! I love the two band look, I think it makes your e-ring look great, I don't think it hides it at all!

It looks great!! But I definately see the wrinkles. Atleast they are getting it all fixed for you :)

I know! I am thankful for that!

I LOVE that dress, I wanted to try the same one on but the store I went to didn't have it (of course now they opened an Alfred Angelo store right by my house AFTER I bought my dress lol). It looks great on you! I do see what you mean about the wrinkles, and hopefully they will take care of this for you, I would think after they steam it, it should be fine. Congrats on getting your wedding bands! I love the two band look, I think it makes your e-ring look great, I don't think it hides it at all!

Figures! I hope when the new dress comes in, it looks right!

so here are the girls dresses. They are in victorian lilac with charcol gray around the middle. I am having the girl wear silver shoes.

Bridesmaiddresses.jpg

But we are having it hemmed so that the dress just touches the floor. That should look okay, right?

So our two flower girls are going to be DF's nieces who are 6 and 8 and the ring bearer is going to be his nephew who is 5. The ring bearer is going to wear a black tux. Here are the flower girl dresses

flowergirldresses.jpg

I think they will look so cute!

I love both the bridesmaids' and flower girls' dresses! The FG dresses are especially cute ones! :thumbsup2

I love your dress! You look like a princess in it! Also I love the purple and gray colors. I difinitely think you should have the bridesmaids dresses hemmed just above the floor like you mentioned. In the picture you posted, the hem doesn't look right...it is way to short. I look forward to hearing more of your plans!

I love both the bridesmaids' and flower girls' dresses! The FG dresses are especially cute ones! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I love your dress! You look like a princess in it! Also I love the purple and gray colors. I difinitely think you should have the bridesmaids dresses hemmed just above the floor like you mentioned. In the picture you posted, the hem doesn't look right...it is way to short. I look forward to hearing more of your plans!

Thanks! I was hoping I had told the girls correctly when I told them not to do it like in the picture!

We got our first wedding gift today! The wrapping paper was ripped when we opened the box so I went ahead and cheated and opened it all the way and read the card. Such a little thing, but I was excited by it!

Question for you guys--do you open your presents as you get them and send thank you notes then? Or do you wait until after your wedding to open and send everything?

Grr...so I just got a save the date back saying it could be mailed. Someone had hand written on there "This melted out of the snowbank near our mailbox." And there was no address label that I had put on there. I live in FL so I know it didnt' fall from here so it must have been close to the recipient's house. But I have no way of knowing whose! DF's family lives in Colorado and my extended family lives in Virginia and Minnesota so it could be anyone! Grr! It would have been nice if whomever had written that note had written what city they were in. And since we mailed out 75 Save the dates, it's impractical to call everyone!

Just had to vent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter