• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual pass discount on tickets?

hmnec

Mouseketeer
So I’m considering buying an annual pass for the room discount but I’m wondering how the discount works on tickets. It seems you have to activate and buy tickets at the gate? I’m assuming gate tickets are more than buying before (and I can’t find gate prices) so I can’t calculate the savings if there are any on tickets.

You're looking for the cost of Annual Passes? Do a google search and you can see the types/prices.

You have to have an activated ap before you can get any discounts with it for dining and merch etc

You can look at the universalorlando.com site to read about the difference of the ap’s

Some have black out dates or restrictions

You can book one of the UO hotels before you have the ap
But, you would need to show the ap at check in or anytime before you check out to keep the discounted room rate

Many peeps buy their ap in advance and activate it when they arrive at the parks
Or they buy tickets in advance and once at UO, decide to upgrade their tickets to an AP

Tickets and ap can be bought online before your trip

Some third party vendors selll UO park tickets

I have no personal experience, but have a trip planned where I am going to purchase an annual pass and get park to park tickets. I believe the price you pay online at the UO site has a discount that is comparable to the discount given to AP members at the gate. I'll probably double check, but I plan on just buying the non-AP tickets online. I believe you can pick up non-Florida resident APpasses at some of the hotels just like the online 1-5 day passes. I am relying on the more informed to correct any misinformation I might have.

...I’m wondering how the discount works on tickets....

...I’m assuming gate tickets are more than buying before (and I can’t find gate prices) so I can’t calculate the savings if there are any on tickets.

The site says “Save up to $20 off the gate price on all multi-day tickets when you buy online.“

So add $20 (plus tax on that) to the ticket you’re looking at (doesn’t work on 1 day tickets). That’s likely to be the gate price.

I could not find the info on the mobile page (I’m on my cell) so I googled. An article from last year on Orlando informer says:

the Seasonal Pass rate is 10% off, while everything else is 15%.

Of course, there’s some fine print to this deal. For starters, you’ll need to buy this admission at the front gate – over the phone or on the website won’t cut it. Additionally, Express Passes aren’t part of the offer (not even if you try the bundled theme park/Express tickets that Universal likes to highlight in its marketing), and neither is the three-park Explorer pass.

Assuming that’s correct, take 10 or 15% off of the gate price of the ticket you’re looking at. See which is better.

And be sure to head to undercovertourist and places like that immcaee their prices are even better!

By the time you take the online price, add $20, take away your AP discount and then add the tax, it is often cheaper to have just purchased at undercover tourist.

Thanks everyone. Using some prices found on mouse savers, it seems like buying tickets at the gate with the AP discount is the same price as buying ahead of time through UT.

Right
Mouse savers will have a special link to
UT deals once a month

I have used that before for my Disney tickets

It will list many of the Orlando parks for discounted tickets

By the time you take the online price, add $20, take away your AP discount and then add the tax, it is often cheaper to have just purchased at undercover tourist.

I remember last year some people had done the math and do some reason the AP discount was better. So doing the math and always comparing prices is good. I think. :)

I remember last year some people had done the math and do some reason the AP discount was better. So doing the math and always comparing prices is good. I think. :)

I think it depends on which pass you have and which ticket you are buying.

Plus you have to factor in the hassle factor of standing in line during you vacation and those lines to buy tickets at the gate can get long sometimes. It must be at the gate, you cannot buy at the ticket counters at the hotels either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter