Annual Pass Help

Goofies Galore

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am new to this board.
Anyhoot... I am looking into purchasing annual passes. I am not sure which one to get. Can you tell me from your experience which one you have and why you have it.

Also... I am looking for the block out days and cannot find them on this site. Where can i go to look at them?

Alrighty... take care.

:moped:

Hello and welcome! For APs and PAPs go to the WDW site and check it out there, they have all the info, pricing, etc. and the resort dates, etc. are there as well.....as for the block out dates, do you mean black out dates??

1st off... are you a Florida Resident?

If not, you do not qualify for the pass with the blackout dates. They are called Seasonal passes and are only sold to Florida residents with the following types of proof:
Valid Florida DL
Valid Florida State Issued ID
Valid Florida Voters Registration Card, with valid picture ID
Valid Florida College ID
Papers from the Military stating that you are stationed in Florida with Valid Military ID.

OK, lets say you are not a Florida resident. The passes available to you would be:
The Annual Pass:
gives you unlimited admission to all 4 Main Disney parks for 365 days, included parking at the theme parks, includes discounts at participating restaurants, includes discounts on Disney Owned resort hotels as available.

The Premium Annual Pass:
gives you all of the amenities listed above, plus unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island, Disney Quest and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex.

Now, if you are a Florida resident, the prices for the above will be less expensive than people who live outside of Florida. You would also have the choice of the Seasonal Pass which would have blackout days, usually including the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas, the 2 weeks surrounding Easter and 2 months in the summer. This pass does not include your parking, but does entitle you to the discounts mentioned above.

Hope this helps explain everything! Have a great time!:)

As most everyone so far has stated, there are alot of factors you need to consider when selecting passes...mainly your break-even on number of days you expect to use them. Additional items that can factor into the break-even analysis are the additional discounts you receive using an Annual Pass vs. a Premium Annual Pass...mainly the discounts for the Water Park admissions and the Disney Quest Admission...if you are going to hit the water parks or Quest often - it may be better to "buck up" for the Premium Pass vs, just getting an Annual Pass discount on admission.

I have gotten Premium Annual passes the past to years and have used about 17 days each year - hardly a record, but definitely got my money's worth.

Read up on the WDW site as well as Deb's site- there is alot of info out there ya just gotta read it. You'll have fun no matter what you decide. :cool1:

We are getting an annual pass this year because we will be going 2x. We also are interested in the new meal plan that is being offered to AP holders (not just Fla residents anymore) and the discounts on hotels.
We are not getting a PAP since we are not interested in the water parks etc..
That is why we picked a regular AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter