Annual passes and effective dates - use vs. benefits?

MicheyMouse

Mouseketeer
The 3 free months promo has us interested in a Universal AP - one of the top two tiers. Any idea how long this promo will last?

Am I correct that the 15 months starts on the day you first use the annual pass? I could buy now and use August 1, 2024 and it would work for 15 months from Aug 1?

I see a term providing the benefits and discounts are only for the calendar year. If a Premier AP pass starts August 1, 2024, do I only get all the bonuses through Dec. 31, 2024? What benefits are lost? Express pass after 4pm? Early admission?

How easy are they to activate and start using at the parks?

I bought this deal last year and activated it on September 1, 2023 so my pass expires on December 1, 2024. If you start on August 1, it will expire on November 1.

It is easy to activate and use - just have to go to a kiosk and get your card and you're off to the races.

The "calendar year" is more legalese in case they have any changes that happen - the benefits are good for the duration of your AP but they reserve the right to change the benefits in 2025. I would think that's mostly in the event that a restaurant doesn't renew a contract or some such. Plus they may not have blackout dates hammered out through 2025 yet.

I went in tonight to try to buy annual passes and the 3 months free is gone. Our trip isn't until July. Any thoughts on when or if this deal will be back before our trip?

Good luck. Last time there was a warning before they ended the promotion, but this time I didn’t see one. I just kept trying to renew my pass, until the system let me somewhere between 45-46 before expiration. Now I’m good until late August of 2025. I was renewing either way, can’t beat the 20% renewal discount and I already have trips planned. I was hoping it would last a bit longer because I was thinking about upgrading one of my family’s passes to a higher level, but I don’t want them to lose the extra three months. I may still do it, I just have to think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter