ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Are both of you on the deed? My fiancé is on the deed but I am not yet. Wondering if we have to stop at GR first to prove my eligibility.
There's been one report that I can remember of an adult son, not on the deed but living in the same household as the member, who was able to enter a park with a new Sorcerer AP without first stopping at GR. OTOH, there was also a report from someone who did have to stop to activate a new AP for a child in the 3-9 year age group! So, as with so many Disney things, YMMV.

There's been one report that I can remember of an adult son, not on the deed but living in the same household as the member, who was able to enter a park with a new Sorcerer AP without first stopping at GR. OTOH, there was also a report from someone who did have to stop to activate a new AP for a child in the 3-9 year age group! So, as with so many Disney things, YMMV.
Thank you! I figure if I stop at GR, they will tell me I didn't need to and if I don't, then I'll get stopped at the gate. That is just how my luck goes.

Just curious… does anyone read the thread before asking the same question for the 43rd time?? Granted, the question has only been ANSWERED about a dozen times.

Just curious… does anyone read the thread before asking the same question for the 43rd time?? Granted, the question has only been ANSWERED about a dozen times.
Yep, I often wonder that too! And then there are the threads on the TPAS forum that clearly say "read posts on page 1 first" and still get questions that are clearly answered (and kept updated) in those page 1 posts.

Do we get a DVC discount on the Sorcerer Pass? If we pay the same as a Florida resident, it isn't really a discount...

;)

Hello all, I'd like to get everyone's thoughts/opinions. I've had an AP for quite some time. For the first time in a long time, I find myself in a position where renewing doesn't make sense (from a numbers standpoint anyway). I say that because my current pass expires 6/14/23 and we will complete our upcoming trip 6/10/23. Normally we'd be back late August but we're going to DLR instead so won't be back until early January, 2024. We don't normally go in June either so our next trip after that won't be until late August, 2024.

Long story short, if I renew now I'm only going to get one 9 day trip (January) out of the AP. To me it makes more sense to wait until the January trip so that I'll get that trip and August, 2024 out of it. My wife's concern (and mine somewhat) is that they'll stop selling them again. Although it is a concern for me somewhat, based on the recent ticket discounts and whatnot I think the tables have turned and Disney "needs" AP holders again. So I don't really think we'll have an issue.

I know no one has a crystal ball and ultimately the decision falls on me, but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think. TIA!

Hello all, I'd like to get everyone's thoughts/opinions. I've had an AP for quite some time. For the first time in a long time, I find myself in a position where renewing doesn't make sense (from a numbers standpoint anyway). I say that because my current pass expires 6/14/23 and we will complete our upcoming trip 6/10/23. Normally we'd be back late August but we're going to DLR instead so won't be back until early January, 2024. We don't normally go in June either so our next trip after that won't be until late August, 2024.

Long story short, if I renew now I'm only going to get one 9 day trip (January) out of the AP. To me it makes more sense to wait until the January trip so that I'll get that trip and August, 2024 out of it. My wife's concern (and mine somewhat) is that they'll stop selling them again. Although it is a concern for me somewhat, based on the recent ticket discounts and whatnot I think the tables have turned and Disney "needs" AP holders again. So I don't really think we'll have an issue.

I know no one has a crystal ball and ultimately the decision falls on me, but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think. TIA!
I would buy new now and hold them.

Long story short, if I renew now I'm only going to get one 9 day trip (January) out of the AP. To me it makes more sense to wait until the January trip so that I'll get that trip and August, 2024 out of it.
Worst case scenario is you end up buying MYW tickets for January 2024 and hope for an AP by August. Even if that happens, I think you'll come out ahead or close enough that it shouldn't matter much. The only way I think you would really "lose" is if APs disappeared again for a year or more.

I agree that renewing makes little sense with your current plans. Since they are still selling new APs, what you could do is buy new AP vouchers now that you would activate in January. Yes you give up that renewal discount, but you also reset your AP year to January. Now whether or not the online system will let you do this (instead of renewing your existing pass) is something I don’t know. Maybe call?

I would buy new now and hold them.

I agree that renewing makes little sense with your current plans. Since they are still selling new APs, what you could do is buy new AP vouchers now that you would activate in January. Yes you give up that renewal discount, but you also reset your AP year to January. Now whether or not the online system will let you do this (instead of renewing your existing pass) is something I don’t know. Maybe call?

You know, that's why I posted on here because that option went right over my head. In my mind I kept thinking renew or nothing. I'll be there in-person in June so I'll probably just handle it that way. Thanks!

Worst case scenario is you end up buying MYW tickets for January 2024 and hope for an AP by August. Even if that happens, I think you'll come out ahead or close enough that it shouldn't matter much. The only way I think you would really "lose" is if APs disappeared again for a year or more.
Definitely a good point as well, thank you!

You know, that's why I posted on here because that option went right over my head. In my mind I kept thinking renew or nothing. I'll be there in-person in June so I'll probably just handle it that way. Thanks!
Be careful buying an AP in person, as opposed to online or over the phone. As they are set up to sell a live pass in person by default. You want a voucher to activate 6 months in future, NOT an already activated pass, as that would lose the renewal discount for no advantage. Might be better or more straightforward to do over the phone.

Be careful buying an AP in person, as opposed to online or over the phone. As they are set up to sell a live pass in person by default. You want a voucher to activate 6 months in future, NOT an already activated pass, as that would lose the renewal discount for no advantage. Might be better or more straightforward to do over the phone.
Thanks for the heads-up. It will be my first time buying a new pass since 2016 so any tips are much appreciated.

Hi, does anyone know if you can cancel an annual pass? I'm thinking I may have made a mistake in purchasing annual passes for DH and myself, I guess I could call member services, but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter