Annual Passholder Magnets, Gripe

Follow up from my end of October phone call...

I was super surprised on December 31st to receive my Tinkerbell magnet in the mail. Some nice Disney magic to end 2020!

They are mailng them? I thought they were giving them out at animal kingdom
No, I believe that was the remainder of the first batch (were those Donald or Daisy?). I have been watching the news stories like a hawk, in case I needed to run over for an orange bird. There is a news story here at the DIS about it today, and it’s posted elsewhere as well. I figure they decided to give out the rest of the first magnet since some people had made it to the park to pick them up before the parks closed. But no one had the opportunity to get the orange bird magnet in 2020, and I am glad we don’t have to go to the park to get them.

If this is the PITA that getting Tink was, I think I'll pass. I got the Donald last year just before shut down although I've read I could get another one. Here's luck to all of us.

I think it's hilarious that Disney is giving out overstock AP magnets from last year's Flower and Garden yet I still haven't received my regular Mickey AP magnet from when I first bought an AP back in 2019. Now that I've renewed, they technically owe me 2 Mickey AP magnets. "They're on backorder" is the excuse I get when I call.

But sure, I did pick up another Donald and Spike magnet last week and I made sure everything was correct so I can receive the Orangebird magnet this summer.

A little disappointed I'll miss out on the Orange Bird magnet. We had a trip planned for when it would have been given out, but obviously that didn't happen. And our passes will expire at the end of this month, so we'll no longer be passholders when this one is mailed out (we are not renewing). Oh well. Hoping we are able to get the Donald Duck one at AK either tomorrow or Friday, since we are headed down today for one last long weekend.

I just got an email that I will receiving a new passholder logo Magnet.

"Coming Soon to Your Mailbox...Current Annual Passholders will be among the first to receive the brand-new Passholder magnet featuring our new look! "

We’ve never gotten an Annual Passholder Magnet in the mail. :(
The ones we have gotten have been in person at a festival.

Last edited:
We’ve never gotten an Annual Passholder Magnet in the mail. :(
The ones we have gotten have been in person at a festival.
Same here. We have 5 people in our family with passes and do not get emails, magnets, anything. Settings for communications all seem correct too.

We have not received one yet, did you already go to the park and activate them? I was thinking that was the hold up.

Well, I got 4 magnets today in the mail with the new passholder logo, pretty cool! I guess WDW is trying to make up for my past public grievances on this subject :) BTW, we only have 3 actual passholders now in my family as my oldest 2 kids are off to college!

Quick update since my original post. Yesterday in the mail we received 4 AP magnets, so total of 8 received since my original post in Sept of 2020. Maybe somebody from guest services saw this thread :earboy2:

We renewed our AP's and have not heard anything about any magnets. Are there new AP magnets out since Last March 2021? New look?

Does anyone know if they only ship these magnets to mainland US? We are annual pass holders from the uk

The ones we received yesterday were same ones as before, the new AP Mickey Logo magnets

First-time AP’s — bought back in September and activated in early November. About when should magnets be mailed to AP’s (assuming you actually get one)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter