Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the wording "with enough previews for all eligible Walt Disney World Cast Members". Is it wishful thinking on my part to think, by limiting the AP previews to Premier, Platinum and Platinum Plus, that maybe they will have enough preview slots scheduled for APs too?! Also, does anyone think they will open previews to Golden Oak and Club 33 members first? I wonder if that would give us a gauge on AP dates. Well, here's hoping there is something available for 8/24, 25, 26 or 27!
If they've done that before there's never been any mention of it

And I think it's wishful thinking on their part if they think every CM at Disney that wants to go will have a chance to attend. I have to think demand is still going to exceed openings. Unless there are a lot of CM that don't want to go.

I love the wording "with enough previews for all eligible Walt Disney World Cast Members".

Is it wishful thinking on my part to think, by limiting the AP previews to Premier, Platinum and Platinum Plus, that maybe they will have enough preview slots scheduled for APs too?!

Also, does anyone think they will open previews to Golden Oak and Club 33 members first?

I wonder if that would give us a gauge on AP dates. Well, here's hoping there is something available for 8/24, 25, 26 or 27!

Given that there are over 70,000 cast members, I would be surprised if the catch word here isn't "eligible" ... If it is everyone plus a guest I think the land will be quite full.

I don't think they will have enough slots for all the qualified APs. It will be a first come, first serve to sign up just like Pandora. Some of us will get lucky, some won't.

I've never heard of previews for those groups BUT given we have a quiet day, and a limited day for CMs ... my first thought when I saw those was they set aside time for VIPs so perhaps that would include these folks.

Fingers crossed for those dates, I'll already be there too.

EDITED to fix brain freeze math.

Last edited:
Given that there are over 70,000 cast members, I would be surprised if the catch word here isn't "eligible" ... To guarantee "every" CM a preview, based on those dates they would have to let in around 5,000 each time slot. That seems a big high - very high when you consider they are allowed to bring a guest which could double the number.

How are you coming up with around 5,000?

I think it might be closer to 2500 per session. there are 57 sessions as far as I can tell, then 70,000 CMs plus a guest for each. 140,000/57 = 2456 per session
That's what I came up with too. 2500 is still a lot at once for a single land and why I think they'd still not be able to get in every single CM that wants to go but maybe there's a lot fewer who are interested than I think. Or they are good with 2500 since they are divided into 3 different "experiences"

That's what I came up with too. 2500 is still a lot at once for a single land and why I think they'd still not be able to get in every single CM that wants to go but maybe there's a lot fewer who are interested than I think. Or they are good with 2500 since they are divided into 3 different "experiences"

I had read DL was 3k for their slots and it felt very spacious, so 2500 wouldn't concern me unless that 3k number was wrong. Also that would be with every single person bringing a guest, when there's tons of CMs whose friends in Orlando are mostly other CMs.

At least with the CM previews they have given a date when registrations will commence. Perhaps there's hope that they will do the same for the AP Previews? Mind you, the website will crash if they do.

Andre

I had read DL was 3k for their slots and it felt very spacious, so 2500 wouldn't concern me unless that 3k number was wrong. Also that would be with every single person bringing a guest, when there's tons of CMs whose friends in Orlando are mostly other CMs.
The only thing I am comparing it to is a DAH event. Those are well less than 2500 (by most all experts guestimation) for an entire park. Having been to those, the idea of 2500 in just the one land seems pretty crowded.

How are you coming up with around 5,000?

My bad, forget the multiple dates per column 😳 shouldn't have skipped breakfast, the most important meal of the day.

So if each person brings a guest that is about 2600 each session but sessions overlay by alot. I still think that is way more than our Pandora Preview sessions with two rides with zero overlays.

I still don't believe that APs will get this wide open opportunity, I still see first come first serve. So am hoping to be quick on draw but prepared to get shut out.

Any new information on this? I also don’t get passholder emails and when I called they walked me through checking my communication preferences.THEN told me that it wouldn’t update for 30-60 days. I asked why they would have me even go into that area if they could tell on their end that I was already opted in and .... cough cough fumble fumble ..... “we’re aware of the issue and working on it” —- since very early June. I got a passholder email 4/26 (activated at park 4/12) and nothing after. I was told that EVERY time you look at your preferences (even if you change nothing) it resets that 30-60 day clock.

I was also informed that somehow, I was opted out of email 6/11 and opted back in later in June despite never viewing that communication preferences page until I called 7/5.

Bummed and frustrated that I won’t get this SWGE invite as I buy 5 platinum passes every year.

My bad, forget the multiple dates per column 😳 shouldn't have skipped breakfast, the most important meal of the day.

So if each person brings a guest that is about 2600 each session but sessions overlay by alot. I still think that is way more than our Pandora Preview sessions with two rides with zero overlays.

I still don't believe that APs will get this wide open opportunity, I still see first come first serve. So am hoping to be quick on draw but prepared to get shut out.
How many TOTAL Platinum and up passholders do you think there are?
What percentage of those, want to go (or CAN go) during mid-late August? No interest in Star Wars, School, work, cost of travel, that probably eliminates a lot of the available pool. It's getting fairly last minute at this point, that could limit it to drivers or those willing to spend a ton for airfare.

I feel Disney limited it to Platinum and up .. knowing those numbers and trying to give the opportunity to as many people as possible WITHOUT overloading their reservation system with more requests than it can handle.

I just feel it won't be a "first come, first-serve" sell out in 30 minutes type of deal. But I could be wrong.

I like the timing of the Castmember previews. If they run from 8/1 to 8/16.
We arrive from 8/17 to 8/22. I am hoping were in the window.

It kinda scares me that Castmember sign starts on 7/22. Which means our watch isn't over for some time.

What percentage of those, want to go (or CAN go) during mid-late August? No interest in Star Wars, School, work, cost of travel, that probably eliminates a lot of the available pool. It's getting fairly last minute at this point, that could limit it to drivers or those willing to spend a ton for airfare.

I feel Disney limited it to Platinum and up .. knowing those numbers and trying to give the opportunity to as many people as possible WITHOUT overloading their reservation system with more requests than it can handle.

I just feel it won't be a "first come, first-serve" sell out in 30 minutes type of deal. But I could be wrong.
I'm positive they limited it to Plat and up to try and give the opportunity to as many people as possible.
I still think demand will exceed sign up slots and it will book up quickly. Your definition of quick will vary, mine is within a few hours, same day for certain.

I like the timing of the Castmember previews. If they run from 8/1 to 8/16.
We arrive from 8/17 to 8/22. I am hoping were in the window.

It kinda scares me that Castmember sign starts on 7/22. Which means our watch isn't over for some time.
Right .. so can we stop watching until 7/22? Who knows? Will Disney send out an e-mail that says AP sign ups will be on 7/29? Who knows? The non-communication, is understandable (as they may not know all details yet), but frustrating.

What frustrates me now is since they released the CM dates they know very well when the AP dates are. Just release them already it's not fair to us that are out of state and have to book a flight and a room

I think way more than people think. If you don't live in Florida, you have Platinum and up. Even when I qualified for the FL passes, I kept my Platinum because I didn't want to get blocked out. I'm not alone.

Did anybody care about "Avatar" and yet they flocked. It's something new, highly immersive and this at least has a huge fan base. Depending on where you live Orlando can be an easy place to get a flight for a decent price. Hotels will be needed no matter what. I think the only thing that will keep folks from going for it is if Disney gives a very tiny window to work with and you aren't flexible ............. I'm 8 hours away and I'd play hooky even with 24 hours notice, so who knows.

I think way more than people think. If you don't live in Florida, you have Platinum and up. Even when I qualified for the FL passes, I kept my Platinum because I didn't want to get blocked out. I'm not alone.

Did anybody care about "Avatar" and yet they flocked. It's something new, highly immersive and this at least has a huge fan base. Depending on where you live Orlando can be an easy place to get a flight for a decent price. Hotels will be needed no matter what. I think the only thing that will keep folks from going for it is if Disney gives a very tiny window to work with and you aren't flexible ............. I'm 8 hours away and I'd play hooky even with 24 hours notice, so who knows.
Same here. I am a FL resident and I don’t want the blackout dates, so I have Platinum AP pass. I would honestly be surprised if this did not fill up within the first hour or two once it does get released

Oh I am with you .. demand is there .. especially for free LIMITED access to a highly anticipated new ride/land (no matter the theme). I am in SE North Carolina (600 miles (which is about the max limit to my families traveling in one day) and with my son not in school until the 27th we are planning on trying and going with whatever notice they give me. :). Even that "close" I will need 3 full days away from home to make that work. I just know a LOT of people aren't as flexible as I am with their jobs and families. So whether they have a pass or want to go doesn't matter as much as being able to get there especially with only 5-6 weeks left until these potential dates.

I am just genuinely curious at the math of how many available slots there are and how many people will realistically be vying for those spots. I have no clue how many Annual Passholders are out there. 10s of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter