Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer they wait to announce it .. the less crowded (and snatched up) the reservations will be. I am sure there is a large percentage of the Platinum (and above) Passholders that simply do not have the time to zip down to Orlando with less than 2 months notice.

No idea the amount of Platinum Passholders that are out there .. but I wonder .. what percentage of them do we think are:
1) Interested in going at all (not interested in Star Wars or have no plans to drop everything to go)
2) Interested, but able to make those last minute plans to go
3) Even know that it may be happening (I mean not EVERY passholder is in the know like we are here).

(Though .. that being said .. the people who can afford (time and money wise) APs, probably have the disposable time/money to do last minute things like this).
We are also #2, which is why we have an AP in the first place.

There's at least a small % going for the dreams/dis event.

And another small percentage that will be attending the Disney FairyTails pin event. It is from the 9-10, but the 11 is the public pin trading day that I'm assuming at least some AP members will be staying for. So it might be easy to extend that trip another day or two, if previews come out for those dates.

And another small percentage that will be attending the Disney FairyTails pin event. It is from the 9-10, but the 11 is the public pin trading day that I'm assuming at least some AP members will be staying for. So it might be easy to extend that trip another day or two, if previews come out for those dates.
Okay I need to get with things. Idk what the dreams event or the pin event are

Just based on averages alone, you've got to think non-local APs are going on at least 2 week long trips a year. So any given week, roughly 4% of all platinum holders are there. Since this is a 2 week period (possibly) that bumps it to 8% of people. Then you have the overlap where people will be getting there on the 1st or 2nd day of their trip as the previews are ending, or leaving on the day after previews start. I think you're look at at least 15% of non-local platinum passholders being there. Now I have no idea what % of platinum passholders are local vs not. I'd think local APs would make up the largest percentage of people who are able to attend.

What’s the dreams/dis event

Basically the folks behind this forum and the DIS Unplugged podcast are planning an event in August and people are coming down for it - it will involve various meetups, an aution to raise money for Give Kids the World, a live Podcast taping, and the big event is a private party in Pandora (which is sold out)

Here is the link to the thread about it (we are also organizing many fun *Un*official events around it)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/20-years-of-dreams-event-official-thread.3712186/

Basically the folks behind this forum and the DIS Unplugged podcast are planning an event in August and people are coming down for it - it will involve various meetups, an aution to raise money for Give Kids the World, a live Podcast taping, and the big event is a private party in Pandora (which is sold out)

Here is the link to the thread about it (we are also organizing many fun *Un*official events around it)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/20-years-of-dreams-event-official-thread.3712186/
Thanks! We are moving to Florida and actually are on our way right now so I need to start paying more attention to local things since we’ll only be an hour away. Do you know anything about the pin event?

That goes back to people complaining no matter what.
What’s the dreams/dis event
Okay I need to get with things. Idk what the dreams event or the pin event are
LOL
I don't follow the Podcast here, they are to, um, "Sadness-like" LOL for my tastes but I did attend one of these events one year, when Pandora opened. It was fun

We booked a bounce back for these dates back in February so we join that group. We also had a trip booked that overlapped the Pandora preview dates. I had wondered if we received the Pandora email because we had a resort reservation. But a huge number of people assured me that they got the email even though they didn’t have a trip booked. So unless Disney does it differently, we are not going to have an advantage because we have a reservation

Thanks! We are moving to Florida and actually are on our way right now so I need to start paying more attention to local things since we’ll only be an hour away. Do you know anything about the pin event?

I don't know about the pin event (other than I just did a google search and found this: https://disneypinsblog.com/disney-fairy-tails-pin-trading-event-date-announcement/ ...... pin collecting/trading is one thing I have not gotten into (and, frankly, my wallet is thankful for that)

I guess we are closest to #2. We got APs because we are Star Wars fans. I literally have been waiting to see what Disney announces for 1) AP room discounts and 2) how they are going to deal with SWGE crowds, and 3) if there is a way to guarantee entry, *before* making any firm plans. I'm looking at flying down just for this for just a day or two over a weekend and don't care if the date is next week, or next month, or later in the Fall, as long as it's an easy experience. I figured I wouldn't book anything until after the reservation period is over at DL on June 24th.

Basically the pin event is an annual event held in Epcot at the World Showplace. This year's theme is FairyTails, all about the animals in Disney movies. It will be held August 9-10, with pre-registration held on the 8th and the 11th is a public pin-trading day. The event had 2 signups, Best in Show package and Furry Friends. Both are sold out now. There are certain pins you can purchase(or, since it will be an RSP, attempt to purchase!) if you are attending the event.

Is this something any of us could have signed up for previously? And are any of the unofficial events anything we could join in on?

Basically the pin event is an annual event held in Epcot at the World Showplace. This year's theme is FairyTails, all about the animals in Disney movies. It will be held August 9-10, with pre-registration held on the 8th and the 11th is a public pin-trading day. The event had 2 signups, Best in Show package and Furry Friends. Both are sold out now. There are certain pins you can purchase(or, since it will be an RSP, attempt to purchase!) if you are attending the event.
Hmm okay. Not sure Dh would be interested in this but I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Is this something any of us could have signed up for previously? And are any of the unofficial events anything we could join in on?

yes - anyone can sign up for the event - actually you still can (it's just the Pandora party that is sold out)! To register for the overall event is $35 and that gets you your credentials and access to the auction and the live podcast taping. There are other smalle events that will have signups starting on July 1st that will have a small fee (that will go to benefit Give Kids the World)

This is the link to the thread with *Un*Official events - which is largely people just organizing things they wanted to do - we will have a welcome party and various pre-parties before the Pandora party and lots of other things:. The first post on this thread has a summaries schedule of events that are set so far:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/un-official-20-years-of-dreams-event-thread.3713642/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter