Another Buc-ees coming to Florida!

Looks like we're going to get another Buc-ees in Florida. The site will be in the area of I-75 and 326 which is near a place called Zuber, FL.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/w...ders-approve-zoning-request-for-location/amp/

That's great news for us, @Stratman50th. Being north of Ocala with over 100 gas pumps, I hope I can find one to slip into on my trips. There is already a Pilot's and a Love's at that exit so I guess a little competition (even at nearby exits) from the Beaver hopefully will help all of us consumers in our wallets (which tends to be the case for the Bucc-s I've been to).

Now if they would only get it built before my next trip to WDW ..... :scratchin

Ed

PS - @FtW Mike doesn't make his graceful approach into Central Florida via I-75 but he is a self-proclaimed fan of Beave-Nugs so he will be glad the Rodent is spreading the good cheer further around the state.

This is a great location. Right before I jump on the Turnpike. I've typically just used the Okahumpka Service Plaza on the Turnpike. They had as good a price for diesel as the name brand truck stops further up I-75.

j

That's great news for us, @Stratman50th. Being north of Ocala with over 100 gas pumps, I hope I can find one to slip into on my trips. There is already a Pilot's and a Love's at that exit so I guess a little competition (even at nearby exits) from the Beaver hopefully will help all of us consumers in our wallets (which tends to be the case for the Bucc-s I've been to).

Now if they would only get it built before my next trip to WDW ..... :scratchin

Ed

PS - @FtW Mike doesn't make his graceful approach into Central Florida via I-75 but he is a self-proclaimed fan of Beave-Nugs so he will be glad the Rodent is spreading the good cheer further around the state.

Yes Brother Ed I have seen the Promised Land and it is Buc-ees. Yes I have partaken of the Sacramental Beaver Nuggets and feasted on the Miracle of the Brisket and Kolaches . This year we adorn our site with a representation of the Blessed Beaver
Resized_20230118_155952(1).jpg
And I will drink from the Sacred Chalice the Holy Go Go Juice while attending services for The Friends of Bill W. and Dr. Bob
Resized_20221225_200128.jpg
While I can hope and pray that the proposed New Chapel along I 75 will be completed and opened by December, I have faith that the one to be established outside of Seviereville Tn. will be and I will be able to renew and replenish my faith with the Beavers Bounty
I only pray that during this years trip we arrive early enough to secure a safe parking space that allows us to attend the Church Ladies Social and Picnic. Like the one your Sainted Bride was hosting in the parking lot of the one in Florence SC . Had we known about before we arrived or seen them when we pulled in, we gladly would have joined them before we went in and paid our homage.

Seems Buc-ees will also be invading VA. They plan to build one off I64 just east of Williamsburg, VA.
JB according to what I read it has been proposed for exit 211 of I 64 in New Kent Co. Google maps has that about Midway between Richmond and Williamsburg. I was hoping it would have been on the West side of Richmond for our trip in Dec.. From what I saw of the exits location on the map it may be a good stop for us coming home as I take the Petersburg- Richmond Bypass coming north

Hey Mike, you coming down to Margaritaville this trip? If so, and the stars align we'd love to see you all.

JB according to what I read it has been proposed for exit 211 of I 64 in New Kent Co. Google maps has that about Midway between Richmond and Williamsburg. I was hoping it would have been on the West side of Richmond for our trip in Dec.. From what I saw of the exits location on the map it may be a good stop for us coming home as I take the Petersburg- Richmond Bypass coming north

MM211 on I64 is 11 miles east of I295 (Richmond Bypass) (exit 200 I64) and depending on how you go north of richmond might not be too bad. For me that would be 22 miles in and out of my way and since I use mostly OpenRoads and Mudflap to refuel I would just go up to near Ruthers Glen and stop there.

Hey Mike, you coming down to Margaritaville this trip? If so, and the stars align we'd love to see you all.
Definitely looking at it Don. Wife wants to check out Tropical Palms so unsure if we will hit them pre or post Disney. Our anticipated dates for pre Disney are 13 x 17 December this year. Hitting Dollywood for their Christmas Decor before we hit Fla

Okay folks. Read another article regarding the newly announced Buc-ees for the Commonwealth of Va . The expected opening will happen some time in 2027 so it will be a while before I will be visiting there

Since we have an extra gas tank on the back of our truck, we don't have to make fuel stops and the ones that are usually along the way on our trips are never at a convenient stopping point for us so we have never stopped at one. We try not to travel for longer than 5 hours in a day and do one stop halfway in that time for me and the dog to walk around and go to the bathroom. Rest stops and WalMart parking lots are our go tos since we pull a fifth wheel and always have our own bathroom and kitchen with us. If we need fuel (which we have never needed on any trip until going home), we do it on our over night stop when the truck is unhitched. I've considered stopping at the one in Macon when driving down solo but for some reason the rest stop seems easier.

@loves to dive have an aux tank too, we use it to skip expensive areas. Thanfully I can use the truck lanes for diesel and fast fill, so we try plan our longer stops around those. And if not can always go to the slow auto pumps when disconnected as needed.

I posted this mostly for those of you who love their Buc-ees stops. I've never actually been to one. So a question, I know they have a bajillion gas pumps, but do they have a truck side with diesel? If not, are their diesel pumps big rig friendly? When we would drive to Florida we could make it to Jacksonville from MD on one tank, although I would always stop between a half and a quarter just to play it safe.
When they open the new one I might jump in the car and make a road trip just to see what all the excitement is about. This new one would be about 87 miles from me so around an hour and a half. The next closest is the one in Daytona at 97 miles.

I posted this mostly for those of you who love their Buc-ees stops. I've never actually been to one. So a question, I know they have a bajillion gas pumps, but do they have a truck side with diesel? If not, are their diesel pumps big rig friendly? When we would drive to Florida we could make it to Jacksonville from MD on one tank, although I would always stop between a half and a quarter just to play it safe.
When they open the new one I might jump in the car and make a road trip just to see what all the excitement is about. This new one would be about 87 miles from me so around an hour and a half. The next closest is the one in Daytona at 97 miles.
They have diesel at the pumps but they don’t allow tractor trailer trucks.

Attachments

• 8AE8670C-A2ED-4027-B9D5-058D3409F72C.jpeg
    8AE8670C-A2ED-4027-B9D5-058D3409F72C.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
They have diesel at the pumps but they don’t allow tractor trailer trucks.
How about RV's with a toad? (Actually I have a new toad but it's only a about a foot or so longer).

Bus-Tahoe cropped.jpg

Actually, I could have asked some of the gang earlier but I just now thought of it. I passed by the Daytona and Jacksonville Buc-ees on my trip June 2021 but that was the first time I ever saw them on the road. I always use the truck stops because I know I can get in and out without a hassle.

Last edited:
How about RV's with a toad? (Actually I have a new toad but it's only a about a foot or so longer).

View attachment 746232

Actually, I could have asked some of the gang earlier but I just now thought of it. I passed by the Daytona and Jacksonville Buc-ees on my trip June 2021 but that was the first time I ever saw them on the road. I always use the truck stops because I know I can get in and out without a hassle.
The RV people will probably know. The signs just say no tractor trailers . I would think the outer pumps would work. The Bucees have a pretty large footprint. Don’t know if the overhang over the pumps would be a problem.

The only buc-ees I been into is Daytona Beach and Florance, SC. I would not take a big rig into ether even if they are claiming to be RV friendly. I made that mistake in Daytona Beach and nearly got stuck in the parking lot with no way out. Florance we visited in a car, and while its a little bit easier of you stay to the far left, I still would not call it RV friendly.

They do have diesel, just they are slower auto pumps. Those of use that take a large amount of fuel know how long that feels like when you are pumping 60+ gallons at once.

Don I have a 37 ft Gasser and an Equinox as a toad . I filled up on our last trip down and again going back in Daytona location. I chose outer pump of an extreme outer pump line. I pre planned how to do it and took it slow . Everything worked out okay. Sure if you plan it out you'll do fine . Had plenty of clearance for our 12'6' height. Did same at Florence SC Location

View attachment 746232

I frequent a few of them. I have a quad cab ram dually. Sometimes I have an enclosed trailer, or a gooseneck open trailer. You'd probably be ok to fuel depending on the location, but to park it would be hit or miss. Without the toad it would be easier.
They do quite well, the bathrooms are amazingly clean compared to any competition. Fuel is cheap. I'm always compelled to grab some of the jalapeno cheddar sausage they sell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter