Another guest experience diminished.

That morning change must have happened since 2019. One morning I was at the BC bus stop on an ECV trying to get to Animal Kingdom. I sat through three buses, which couldn't accommodate me because their ECV spots had already been filled (as well as most of the seats) by riders from the YC. Each driver promised that they'd call for another bus, but it didn't seem that they did. It took me over 2 hours to get to AK that morning.

Our last BC stay was in August 2019 and buses were being shared between YC/BC. One morning the bus going to MK was 3/4 full when it stopped at the BC.

We go every year and I do remember when the buses were shared in the a.m.--even the first buses, but I don't recall exactly which year that changed. At that time it made sense to walk to YC to get on the first buses, which we did. Heck, I remember when they shared buses with all of the Epcot resorts (BWI, Swan/Dolphin, YC and BC) that was ridiculous!

I know when we were there in 2019 (October), 2020 (October) and 2021 (May & October)--there was no early a.m. sharing. Return trips and probably later morning/afternoon do share *sometimes*--probably depends on the time of day AND the census for the resorts.

They are great for larger families with carseat needs. I ignored them always, and will continue to do so, as I don't have either one of those.

I mean, that's been going on since at least 2010. It is a huge inconvenience for them, and is more so now, so I doubt THAT many people are doing it. Even in 2010 it took one of my cousins and her family upwards of 1.5 hours to get from the then DownTownDisney to Epcot where we were waiting for them.

So the people who do NOT have cars need to pay for other peoples' parking? Ew. That's what those other places do with resort fees and such.
Why should anyone pay for parking? Seriously. Is it really that much an expense for them to maintain? In most places in the US parking is free because the business wants to invite people to spend money at their business. It also gets back to Disney previously being an “easy” vacation versus what it is right now, which is hard and stressful. Having to calculate whether parking is worth it is just one more decision I just don’t want to make about vacation. Same with Genie+ and whether extra magic or extended evening hours justify a deluxe resort price. Disney is getting more classist in a way that is actually diminishing guest experience. It’s a bad business model that may result in short term profits but long term harm if people leave their vacation unhappy.

I know when we were there in 2019 (October), 2020 (October) and 2021 (May & October)--there was no early a.m. sharing. Return trips and probably later morning/afternoon do share *sometimes*--probably depends on the time of day AND the census for the resorts.
We stayed at YC in March 2018 and I seem to recall they were still sharing buses with BC.

My first trip was in early ‘93 so I don’t remember farther back than that, lol. I guess I assumed park tickets always got you on the bus. But you’re right, there were a fraction of the resorts and restaurants, and fewer parks back then. It makes sense that the transportation system was different.

I vaguely remember having to show resort ID when boarding a bus and our first WDW trip was in summer 1993.

Why should anyone pay for parking? Seriously. Is it really that much an expense for them to maintain? In most places in the US parking is free because the business wants to invite people to spend money at their business. It also gets back to Disney previously being an “easy” vacation versus what it is right now, which is hard and stressful. Having to calculate whether parking is worth it is just one more decision I just don’t want to make about vacation. Same with Genie+ and whether extra magic or extended evening hours justify a deluxe resort price. Disney is getting more classist in a way that is actually diminishing guest experience. It’s a bad business model that may result in short term profits but long term harm if people leave their vacation unhappy.
Not sure where you live in the US, but lots of paid parking around here. From on the street parking meters, paid permit parking permits to monthly lot rentals, carnivals, the state fair, heck you even have to pay to park at the courthouse and other state agencies.

We stayed at YC in March 2018 and I seem to recall they were still sharing buses with BC.
Could be--as I said, I do not recall when exactly it changed but it has been a good many visits ago for us.

Plan Disney backs up the 2021 statement I made.

• On Aug 24, 2021
    Krista from NY Asked
Now, Krista, while this resort is a destination in itself, it sounds like you'll also be enjoying the theme parks so let's talk about transportation. My friend and fellow panelist, Betsy, just returned from a stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort and she let me know that the bus to Magic Kingdom Park in the morning did NOT share a bus with the neighboring Disney's Yacht Club Resort. However, she did share that later that evening the bus did make two stops coming from Magic Kingdom Park. I hope this information is useful as you're planning your daily itinerary.

And another note from WDWMagic which would note the change from BWI, Swan/Dolphin, YC & BC change to buses for BWI, Swan/Dolphin sharing and YC/BC sharing:

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Yacht and Beach now have their own buses to the parks and no longer share with Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin. Yacht is picked up and dropped off first. Despite the naysayers complaints, bus service has not been reduced in an attempt to force guests to the Minnie vans. The schedule is still every 20 minutes, usually less than that prior to park opening.

If you plan to be at the bus stop an hour before EMH begins, you’ll have no trouble getting there on time. 😀

So at some point after March 2018 it changed. I'm sure if I combed through the nearly 2000 pages of the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts thread, I will find a post someone else or even I made when it happened. But, as of today, the rush hours for MK/AK do not share buses.

Last edited:
I vaguely remember having to show resort ID when boarding a bus and our first WDW trip was in summer 1993.

In 1993 we stayed at the Buena Vista Palace with park hopper tickets, and we could ride the transportation system anywhere we wanted. Went to the Luau at the Polynesian no problem. Not sure when that started, but we definitely used the benfit. Our next trip was in 1995 staying at Dixie Landings. We were never asked for ID that trip, and we visited all over WDW.

Bottom line is that Disney offers and advertises this benefit, so it’s not abuse when people use it. Disney should schedule their buses accordingly.

Universal charges $27/day for parking at its parks. Sea World charges $30.

Universal charges $27/day for parking at its parks. Sea World charges $30.
Why would Disney want to be like Universal or Seaworld? That’s my point. They had a brand for easy (almost all inclusive) family vacations. It’s the same reason people liked the dining plan - it doesn’t actually save you money but people liked the ease of it. Disney is losing its brand and what makes it unique and so special. It just seems really short sighted to me. The reason other places have to nickel and dime is to trick people into thinking their vacation will be less expensive than will actually be. Disney has proven it can push price points much more than those places, and it can do that because it’s unique. Now it’s trying to be the same?

I’m here right now. This is the hardest trip we’ve ever taken. There’s too much planning both before and after for this trip compared to previous trips. It’s less relaxing for that reason.

I’m at BWI now. The transportation is horrendous. We’re having to shell out more money for Lyft because of it. After paying over $700/night to stay here,plus park tickets! Disney has made the bus situation worse by charging for parking because people are parking at Disney Springs, taking a bus to a resort, and taking a bus from the resort to a park, and the reverse at night. It also means that if you’re at a resort and want to go to Disney Springs and then go to a park you can’t. And don’t you dare try driving to a QS restaurant at a resort! They need to stop charging separately for parking. Include it in the ticket price. Disney is making so many short sighted decisions right now. They excelled at one thing that no one did better and it made them hugely popular - easy and fairly affordable family vacations. They are nickel and diming their way right out of that niche. And for what? To be like everyone else who is less successful?
The people who are parking at DS and taking a bus to a resort and then another bus to a park aren’t doing that until close to 10am because that’s when the first buses start returning to resorts from DS. DS parking lots don’t even open until 9ish for employees. Not saying your buses aren’t overcrowded, though, but that would be an extreme time waster for people wanting to get to the parks. Last time I stayed at BWI (club level in October - so more than $700/night), we had been waiting for a MK bus when a large group with two scooters rolled up just as the bus pulled in. They were the first ones loaded and took the place of others who had been there before they arrived. As we were on our way, I heard them discussing how they had timed the walk from the Swan perfectly that morning, so they had taken away spots from BW guests.

Making people pay for parking is another method of keeping people trapped in the “magic”. They forgo the car and end up spending all of their money in the parks and resorts.

The people who are parking at DS and taking a bus to a resort and then another bus to a park aren’t doing that until close to 10am because that’s when the first buses start returning to resorts from DS. DS parking lots don’t even open until 9ish for employees. Not saying your buses aren’t overcrowded, though, but that would be an extreme time waster for people wanting to get to the parks. Last time I stayed at BWI (club level in October - so more than $700/night), we had been waiting for a MK bus when a large group with two scooters rolled up just as the bus pulled in. They were the first ones loaded and took the place of others who had been there before they arrived. As we were on our way, I heard them discussing how they had timed the walk from the Swan perfectly that morning, so they had taken away spots from BW guests.

Again, buses are not the right of guests of any specific resort.

And don't get me started on people and scooters and the buses. Just be thankful you don't have to use one, it isn't easy.

And don't get me started on people and scooters and the buses. Just be thankful you don't have to use one, it isn't easy.
My father did use a scooter when he was still with us, so I know how difficult it is to use the transportation system at Disney. We loved it when Minnie Vans were introduced and we could call and get the handicapped accessible vans. Those were a huge help.

Last edited:
My father did use a scooter when he was still with us, so I know how difficult it is to use the transportation system at Disney. We loved it when Minnie Vans were introduced and we could call and get the handicapped accessible vans. Those were a huge help.

Hopefully they bring them back soon.

I’m here right now. This is the hardest trip we’ve ever taken. There’s too much planning both before and after for this trip compared to previous trips. It’s less relaxing for that reason.
I so agree with this.

Disney vacations are now difficult 😞

I'd love to find a city in the US that offered free parking. Or a destination such as a theme park. Sure not any anywhere that I go. About the only place I know you can park for free any where is a shopping mall or shopping center, much like DS is free.

I always find it interesting that people have no issues paying more and more each year and getting less and less. From reduced bus service to paying to get on rides faster...to more expensive tickets with less bells and whistles... it is all just accepted. A friend of mine just went for a week and paid an absolute fortune. He won't go again for a couple years because it will take him that long to pay it off...

This is sad, our first Disney resort stay will be BW in few months and I am concerned now...
BW has the boats to get to Epcot and DHS and we found them to be lovely. And when a storm hit and the skyliner went down when we were exiting DHS, we were able to get a boat no problem. They actually doubled them up after that and they were coming a bit quicker. Also we never had any issue getting to DAK or MK or DS on the bus system there.
What I really want is for Disney Springs to have buses running to and from the parks before 4 pm

So true. With only 2 possible spots available per bus, waiting for the next bus is the usual for people dependent on mobility scooters.

BW has the boats to get to Epcot and DHS and we found them to be lovely. And when a storm hit and the skyliner went down when we were exiting DHS, we were able to get a boat no problem. They actually doubled them up after that and they were coming a bit quicker. Also we never had any issue getting to DAK or MK or DS on the bus system there.
What I really want is for Disney Springs to have buses running to and from the parks before 4 pm
You do have to be mindful that the boats do not run if there is lightning in the area. We've been on a boat that left the HS dock, only to turn back around because of lightening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter