Another Midwest DIS Meet! Fireworks over MidAmerica

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
It's that time of year when the Midwest is frozen, RVs are winterized and we dream of April when we can get back out camping.

A small group of us are heading to middle Illinois this time to celebrate Independence Day and take in the Lincoln attractions in the Springfield Illinois area. Anyone interested, feel free to join us. We don't have a "group" reservation, but they still had sites available for the holiday weekend/week as of this morning (24 Jan 2023).

Here are the details

Dates: July 1-5th, 2023

9683 Palm Road
Chatham, IL 62629
217-483-9998

The campground is right off I-55 about 10 miles south of Springfield.

At the campground there is a pool, mini golf and an open air game room (DIS Meet Dinner?). All sites are pull through with full hookups 30/50amp, including cable and wifi.

In the area:

Lincoln Library and Museum
1674593520455.png

Lincoln Home National Historic Site
1674593492227.png

Lincoln Tomb
1674593657635.png
New Salem

1674596186494.png
j

Last edited:
hrmmmmm.....Somehow I don't think ill be able to convince my DW to tow out there and back then leave for Disney the following Thursday. Even if school is out and I can work from anywhere.

Awe come on. I'm getting back from 17 days in Europe and then 12 days later heading to the DIS Meet.

I am only an hour from the cg though. :)

j

giphy-downsized.gif

Let's GO!

Ah. The land of the horseshoe.

For those outside the Midwest, this is a horseshoe.

1674655103123.png

Basically an open face sandwich covered in fries and usually cheese or gravy.

I'm not a fan, but a lot of folks around here are.

j

I do like a good breakfast skillet. Not sure if that is a regional thing or not, but we have several places in town with great ones.
Hash browns, meat, meat and more meat, eggs of your choice, cheese and sometimes vegies (onions, mushrooms, peppers). Mine never have veggies.

1674667623222.png

j

Would have liked the opportunity to meet several of you but already have a family caravan of campers heading to the Munising Mi. picture rock area for the 4th this year.

Would have liked the opportunity to meet several of you but already have a family caravan of campers heading to the Munising Mi. picture rock area for the 4th this year.
Let us know what long weekends you have open, we can figure somethin out.
Dw was talking about going to the antique/flea market in Shipshewanna?

I know there are only a few of us getting together next weekend, but there are a number of fireworks shows going on July 1st and July 4th.

1687475614101.png

1687475641695.png
Chatham is pretty close to the campground.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter