Another New England DISmeet?

Hello all!

A very good question has been raised about the gift swap and I thought I should clarify it for everyone.

Q: Are you planning on doing a list for the swap of names so that everyone doesn't pick the same person?

A: No, unlike the traditional concept of a person-specific gift swap, we are not going to purchase gifts for specific people. We are each just bringing a generic "for anyone" gift and then each person will choose a wrapped gift from a box full of gifts. The ONLY designations will be "adult" gift or "child" gift. It won't be a secret, more like just an exchange so each person gets to be introduced to a new DISer. My reasoning behind this was that I still don't have a completely solid attendance list (people are still emailing me bowing out) so committing a gift to or from a specific person would be too risky in case the gift receiver doesn't show up or the gift giver doesn't show up. If people can't make it at the last minute, we still have an even number of people exhanging gifts.

I also thought it would be good if the gifts were marked:

example:

TO: DISer (adult)

I plan on bringing name tags to the event and letting each person write their own username and real name (if they so choose) on the tags so we can get to identify real names/faces with usernames which is always fun!

I remember when I went to a DISmeet on the Disney Magic last year it was so much fun to see people and call them by their usernames! Then we'd see each other around the ship and that was cool.

See ya real soon!

stina :wave2:

Awe I just heard about this and I can't make it on Sunday :(, he he not that I could of got in so late anyhow.. but still LOL

Have a great time everyone and maybe next time!

Hi everyone!

Here's the most updated list of DISers attending (32 people)

stina (MA)
hannacanna (MA)
yearbook50 (MA)
momrek06 (MA)
Laura Bell
TinaLala (MA)
LisaB (MA)
Patsfan7 (MA) + 2K (5 & 1)
Cthia (MA) + 1A + 2K (11 & 2)
Becky521 (NY)
IMALOVNDISNEY (CT) + 2A
allaboutmm (MA) + 1A
jayempey (MA)
CoasterAddict (MA)
DVC Jones
Cinderella2004 + 1K (8) (MA)
DisneydaveCT (CT)
IWantMyDVC + 1A (NJ)
Timeless (CT)
Goofy4Disney (MA)
newholidayx2 (MA)
ImprovGal (RI)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ugh!!!!!!!!

My DD is not feeling well. At all. She stayed home from school on Friday, but was feeling better yesterday. I thought we were good to go. I don't want any other Diser's getting sick. I will have to make the next one. :sad2:

Thanks, Stina for all the effort you put into this. I'm so sorry I won't get to meet everyone this time.

Have fun!!! Takes lots of pictures!!!!

Im home (before leaving to go shopping). That was alot of fun, great meeting you guys. DISers really are a fun group of people! Cant wait for the pictures!

Stina - thank you for organizing this and thanks again for my present!

newholidayx2 said:
Im home (before leaving to go shopping). That was alot of fun, great meeting you guys. DISers really are a fun group of people! Cant wait for the pictures!

Stina - thank you for organizing this and thanks again for my present!

ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!!

Newholidayx2, so goooood meeting you. We all had a blast! What a fun time!!!

And as well to you, STINA, for all your organizing and planning!!!

Have fun tonight newholidayx2 shopping!!!

:dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

Just got home! Thanks everyone for being a part of such a wonderful DISmeet! It was so cool to hang out with so many fun-minded folks and talk about what else... DISNEY! Hannacanna and I had a great time and can't wait to do it again sometime soon.

To everyone who is going on a trip this month or next month have a magical time! Cthia... you are going to LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Thank you all so much for a fun time! A BIG thank you to stina for all your hard work. It was so nice to talk WDW with people who "get it"! DH even had fun ( he would never admit that he is turning into one of us- we know the truth ;) ! ). The gift exchange was a nice way to end the meet. Can't wait to see timeless' photos, glad he was thinking by bringing a camera :thumbsup2 . Lets do it again sometime.

Happy Holidays to all!
allaboutmm :wave2: & DH popcorn::

patsfan7-what a great combo- talking about WDW and watching the Pats..now thats a good day :cheer2: !!

Hey everyone, It was nice meeting you all and I had a great time today.
I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Here is a picture to get you guys started

111454347-M.jpg

The rest can be seen at http://www.timeless.smugmug.com/

Jeff
Timeless

:wave2: It was nice meeting everyone. Sorry I didn't get to talk to all of you.(Maybe I'll try to leave the kids home next time.)

Stina, thank you so much for organizing this. It has made me even more excited about my upcoming trip. I also ended up with some extra Mickey ears that I am going to pass out at WDW during a DIS meet. :banana:

Sorry some of you were unable to make it. Hopefully next time. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!
I'm just chiming in here to say I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting y'all!

It was terrific getting to meet some of you and put names with faces!! Sorry I had to leave but duty calls...guess life isn't all about my having a good time. Wish I could have stayed and gotten to know more of you. I'll bet you had the best time. Next time I'll stay and visit.

Sorry we missed out. 3 out of 3 in our house are sick. Me with strep and dble ear infection. DD and DH with stomach flu, (sure I'll be getting that next). We were in bed all day yesturday. Sounds like ya'll had a great time. Hopefully we can make the next one.....Plse. have another one. I want to go. I have been telling everyone I know about this meet.
Sorry I missed, but, happy everone had fun.

Liz

Stina- thanks so much for organizing!

EVERYONE- I must apologize for my son's behavior. He is a terror. I saw the greatest tank top on disneyshopping.com last night, too bad it was out of stock.... it was stitch and it said "terror on two feet" PERFECT!

Hannacanna- thank you so much for such a great secret santa gift! I wore it last night. My husband loves it when I wear a baseball type cap, and it will be a Godsend in the mornings running my DD to school! Usually I have to grab her princess one! Thanks again!!!!!

Cthia- have a great trip! I am so jealous! I hear ya', no kids on the next meet for me either.... unless it's like the canobie one or something!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter