Another New England DISmeet?

stina

Maximum Magic Maker
I'm bummed I missed the NE Canobie Lake meet earlier this summer. Anyone up for a fall New England DisMeet? I live in Western Mass. but I'd be willing to travel. Just got back from WDW and going through Disney withdrawal!!! Would love to hang out with some DISers!

stina :wave2:

I'd be up for a meet! I've only been to one, the RFC meet sometime last year I think. Sunday afternoons tend to be best for me.

Ok... so there's the 3 of us! That's a good start. Come on New England DISers! The more the merrier!

I'd be happy to organize a meet I just have no idea what's the best place to hold one. Maybe at a restaurant or at a park (if there's good weather)? I've only been to one DISmeet and that was on board the Disney Magic, we pretty much just hung around and introduced ourselves, had drinks, etc. I live in Western Mass. but I'm thinking closer to Boston we might have a better draw.

I am free weekends, Sat. or Sun.

What do you guys think?

It's a possibility for me...I have a WDW trip in Oct and then again in early Dec. But, if it's possible I can try to be at a DIS meet here in Mass. We have had lots of fun in the past.

How about a late-November meet? I've also got both Oct and Dec WDW trips, plus an extended business trip early November, so late November might work best for me.

Generally speaking, Sunday afternoons are pretty good for me.

Late November works fine for me. You guys are so lucky!!! October and then December WDW trips! You're living my dream. :thumbsup2

Actually I can't complain that much. I was at WDW in May for my birthday. I just got back from a week at Animal Kingdom Lodge and believe it or not I am contemplating a weekend jaunt in early December just to see the Xmas decorations. I've set a new standard for myself in terms of trips per year to Disney!

So do you think we can get more people to come to the meet? What kinds of things should we do at the meet? You guys probably know better than I do since I've never been to one.

Thanks for getting excited about this! :wave2:

stina

I do feel embarassingly lucky . . . . DS and I had planned our traditional December trip (love those Osbourne lights!), and then a couple weeks ago my husband found out he needed to attend a conference at the Grande Lakes next week. And it just so happens that my best friend from middle school is celebrating her 40th birthday at WDW that same weekend! So I'm really beside myself with joy that we'll be there.

As for the meet, the one DISMeet I had the chance to attend before was at the Rainforest Cafe at Burlington Mall, which is conveniently across the hallway from a Disney Store. :rotfl2: I love any chance to go to the RFC, so I'd be up for doing that again; I'd also be up for other ideas as well!

That's funny. I've actually been to that Rainforest Cafe before. That would be a good spot for a DISmeet. I'm probably the only person checking in from Western Mass. so I'd be willing to travel. Plus I think having a lunch or something at a restaurant is a good activity idea. Cheesecake Factory is another one of my favorite restaurants but they don't take reservations. Does the Rainforest Cafe?

Can I join in. I'll travel just about anywhere. I live in Ct right on the boarder, but, from MA orig. So I'll drive.
Maybe meet somewhere central to Boston, Have lunch/brunch/whatever and then take the "T" into the city for some shopping or a duck ride.

Keep me posted if this gets off the ground

Of course you can join in!!! Nobody is excluded, all are welcome! The more the merrier! Where in Connecticut do you live? I live about 30 min. from Enfield, CT in the Northampton area of Western Massachusetts.

Keep in touch here for updates. As we get closer to November we can pin down day, time and location.

:wave: Do you have room for one more? I would love to try to make a meet. Burlington isn't to far for me, RFC is good, Cheesecake Factory is GREAT. I'll keep checking back to get the scoop. Thanks :sunny:

I haven't eaten at Cheesecake Factory in years . . . I'd be fine with that too. Actually we can eat just about anywhere as long as you don't mind talking about Disney a bit. :lmao:

What about somewhere central like Worcester/Shrewsbury?

Seems like an even enough travel time between Western Mass and CT.

I missed Canobie too.
I've been to the two Sir Gerald meets (seeing the Mickey's at Faneuil Hall and Fire & Ice) and the "Meet Dan Murphy" Rainforest meet. I'll travel if that works for most people.
Patti

Of course we'll talk about Disney! Non-stop! :woohoo:

I love Cheesecake Factory but as I mentioned, they don't take reservations which is a problem if we have a group. And that place is ALWAYS busy so we might have to wait excessively which could be a problem. Anyone know if RFC takes reservations?

I think everyone should wear some kind of Disney apparel to the meet. That would be funny. Like we're an official club/society. :rotfl2:

If I'm the only one from Western Mass. I don't mind driving to Boston.

Hello :wave2: Enfield neighbor!

stina

I want to come too :goodvibes

We are from upstate NY, it takes us about 3 hours to get to Boston.

Anybody else closer to me?????

If you have people coming in from southern NH, as well as Ct and western Mass, you might want to try something either closer to Worcester or a bit west of there. While I love the restuarants in Boston, it might make it tough for those further away. Just a thought.

goofy4tink said:
If you have people coming in from southern NH, as well as Ct and western Mass, you might want to try something either closer to Worcester or a bit west of there. While I love the restuarants in Boston, it might make it tough for those further away. Just a thought.
Just subscribing to this thread and agree with Diane. I'd be more apt to attend a meet out here then traveling to Boston...

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter