Another package to try, this one for Festival of the Lion King **(reviews start on page 5)**

If the Safari is in the morning when the animals are most active i'd consider it.

Wonder how many good spots Tiffins even has with the RoL package and other regular guests already getting the good reservations by now.

#1-not hard to get a seat at FotLK-not a bad seat in the house
#2-Nomads-food, drinks and done "your way"-no ADR necessary
#3-best safari's are early am or at sunset.

Intriguing package for those who may have just one day at DAK or those who don't know better (like the desert parties-although those I can see some strategic value at busy times of the year).

DAK is my favorite park, and Festival of the Lion King is my all time favorite show-and there is no way in h-e double hockey sticks I'd pay extra for this.
Feels like taking advantage of the newbie...which if they see value then ok??

After paying for MNSSHP on Halloween night (as well as the MNSSHP BOG reservation) and EMM on another day, plus 2 PPO ADRs, along with a ROL and Fantasmic packages, I think my DH's head would spin around if I booked this. Sounds interesting though.

#1-not hard to get a seat at FotLK-not a bad seat in the house
#2-Nomads-food, drinks and done "your way"-no ADR necessary
#3-best safari's are early am or at sunset.

Intriguing package for those who may have just one day at DAK or those who don't know better (like the desert parties-although those I can see some strategic value at busy times of the year).

DAK is my favorite park, and Festival of the Lion King is my all time favorite show-and there is no way in h-e double hockey sticks I'd pay extra for this.
Feels like taking advantage of the newbie...which if they see value then ok??
#3, not at all. Not even close. Having done several safari's with animal experts vs. the usual safari guides there is a signifiant difference. Is there a monetary value to it? Not really I guess but seeing how the meal at Tiffins is already practically equal to the cost of the package I look at the safari and the show as throw in's. And I can use my FP for Safari on something else.

No way am I a newbie. Nomad is a great lounge but by no means does it replace/duplicate Tiffins meal.

If the Safari is in the morning when the animals are most active i'd consider it.

Wonder how many good spots Tiffins even has with the RoL package and other regular guests already getting the good reservations by now.
This is such a common and incorrect thought regarding the safari. I truly shake my head about how prevalent this thought is.

And I am curious, what does "good spot" at Tiffins mean?

Phew! I was afraid they were thinking of adding another dessert party
That I agree with you on. I wouldn't have even been remotely interested in yet another one of those. One can not live on desserts alone, as much fun as that sounds when you are 6, LOL

This is such a common and incorrect thought regarding the safari. I truly shake my head about how prevalent this thought is.

And I am curious, what does "good spot" at Tiffins mean?
I’m with you. I’ve had good safaris at all different times. I think one of my best was closer to mid-day.

I love Tiffins and don’t really think there is one spot better than another.

I don't get it. FOTLK has a last show at 6pm most days. How do you get priority seating if your reservation is for dinner?

I’m glad that this will make a lot of people happy but I just don’t get it. Paying extra for things you can do for free (minus the animal expert) doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve never been a big Tiffins fan though, too exotic for my boring food tastes. Absolutely love FoLK, but prefer not to sit in the front anyway.

So essentially $99 per person for a 3 course meal and 1 alcoholic drinks at Tiffins is the deal. Nah I'm good

Has anyone been able to book? I Check Availability, get times to show up and no matter which one I click on, all it does it take me back to the page to search for times. I Check Availability, same times show up again, and same thing, over and over.

Has anyone been able to book? I Check Availability, get times to show up and no matter which one I click on, all it does it take me back to the page to search for times. I Check Availability, same times show up again, and same thing, over and over.

This exact thing happened to me when the Pizzafari family style opened up and it was like that for a couple of days. I was able to book that one by calling in though, which I'm sure would work for this package as well.

I don't get it. FOTLK has a last show at 6pm most days. How do you get priority seating if your reservation is for dinner?

I've been wondering this exact same thing. The descriptions on the website make it sound like meal first, then FoTLK and then Safari for the Tier 1 guests. They even go so far as to say total duration of the experience to be 3.5 hours for Tier 1 and 2.5 hours for Tier 2, which also makes it sound like it's all done at together as one experience. But, with 6:00pm being the last FoTLK show, that won't work for dinner time ADRs at all. The "know before you go" section states you get your vouchers for the attractions at the restaurant, so I really don't see how that is going to work. I guess time will tell.

My AK days are already packed on my upcoming trip later this month with their VIP tour one day and the Wild Africa Trek on another so I don't have room for this experience, but if I did I would go for it. If you enjoy Tiffin's and are a fan of the FoTLK show then I thin it's a no brainer really. If you aren't interested in Tiffin's, then it's definitely not for you. I suspect this is being done as a way to fill tables at Tiffin's, which is why the other AK restaurants aren't included. But I'm not sure added 2 attractions that aren't that difficult to experience without any package is going to be enough to get somebody to eat at Tiffin's who wouldn't otherwise.

This exact thing happened to me when the Pizzafari family style opened up and it was like that for a couple of days. I was able to book that one by calling in though, which I'm sure would work for this package as well.
Thanks. I am staying CL so I shot the DSS folks an email. Hopefully this is one of the times they can come in handy for something. I've already utilized them to book our F&W events too. Anything to keep from having to call and mess with that phone system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter