Any advice for room request at HRH?

jabrown40

Mouseketeer
I'm getting ready to reserve a room at HRH with Loew's first card for August. We plan to be there 3 nights, going to the parks 2 days. I plan to eat dinners outside of the parks, at the Palm, and Emeril's. I would like to get a room with the pool view, but I don't know how big the layout of the hotel is, and where's a good floor/ location for walking to the parks? Is it really a quick walk there and back? Also, how long would you plan to be in IOA with 14 and 16 boys, considering we'll have FOTL access? Is this a whole day affair, or can we plan some swimming in the afternoon? OH, one more question (I'm new to USF) can I make reservations for Hard Rock Cafe and Mythos for lunches? Thanks!

I never really care about the view from my room. Don't spend much time in it and don't stand there looking out the window.
It is a VERY short walk out the back of the pool area to the parks. You teens will love IOA. If you get there early and use your express access, you should have time in the afternoon for time at the wonderful HRH pool. In August, it will be so hot, that you'll want to be at the pool in the afternoon. YOu can make a reservation at Mythos. Not sure if the HR Cafe takes reservations, but we showed our HRH room key there and by-passed the lines and were seated in five minutes.

I'm kind of in agreement about the room, thinking of changing to a garden view, but does anyone know if they have a deluxe garden room? I would trade a little bigger for the view. And thanks for your help, will definitely plan those two places for lunch. Although I've been to Hard rock cafe elsewhere, and only so so, my boys are dying to go.

I think there are deluxe garden view rooms. Our garden view was quite beautiful.

We stayed in an extra large garden view deluxe last year and will try to get that same room this year. The room was 4101 and it is called a " super deluxe" since it has a full table with four chairs and a pull out couch so there is a lot of room for your teenagers. Give it a try. I'm sure there are similar rooms throughout the hotel as these rooms are situated at the bends in the hotel. Good luck.

Last August we had a deluxe pool view room, it was upgraded from a pool view. The view was very pretty and the room was huge.

We just got home last night, we had booked a garden view room and thats what we got. The hotel was sold out, so no upgrades were available. We didnt mind though, it was just the 3 of us and we dont spend much time in the room at all.

Last year we were on the 5th floor, i cant remember the room number, but it was about 3 hallways from the elevator.

This year we were in room 3070, I think it was 3 doors down from the HRH Shop.

It was very nice.

Patty

Originally posted by LadyTrampScamp&Angel
We had a pool view room on the 6th floor, I don't remember the exact room number but it was awesome! It was a regular size room but had a great view, here's some pictures:

http://216.147.105.104/dianne/page7hrh.htm

Whatever you decide - we loved this hotel and had a great time, hope you do also. Good luck to you!

Groovy pics! You sure did have one of the better views from the hotel-
and BTW- you caught one thing I always forget to mention when talking about the HRH- the scale in the bathroom! I have never had a bathroom scale in any hotel or resort I have ever stayed at. I still don't know if I appreciated having it there or not lol!
:rolleyes:

PS- Everyone talks about the short walk over to Universal... am I the only one that LOVES the boatride???
:smooth:

suzysezso - Thank you, we loved that room, can't wait to be able to go back. You know that scale kinda shocked me when I saw it. I thought there is no way, on vacation, am I getting on that thing!

Next time we'll have to try the boat ride. With the two small kids and a large stroller the walk was just so easy, just great! We go out the back gate behind the pool restaurant and slide and it's less than 5 minutes even with the little kids - can't beat that:)!

Beautiful pics!

I really am not a view person, either, more of a comfort of the room type, but if I had a view like that I'd enjoy it!

Thanks guys! We just enjoyed the whole thing. With the music and all it's very upbeat :) and we had really good service while there. For the most part the employees were very friendly and helpful. We definitely want to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter