Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

Dang! I missed that announcement, ugh. I’ll still hold onto our Aug reservation just incase. But I think it’s cause they’re fast forwarding everyone getting the first injection so will take us longer to get second one. 😢. Guess we won’t be crossing border until we’re fully vaccinated ugh.
I was listening to a live podcast on the way home tonight and one of the things that came up regarding the Canada/USA border reopening, its now more likely that the US will want to keep the Canadians out due to our low vaccination. How the tables have turned :( They also mentioned that a group of Toronto doctors have written a letter to the Ont premier saying it’s a bad Idea to stretch the doses by 4 months. (Pfiezer doesn’t want to sign off on it)... I won’t get into the politics of it, but certainly hoping our country will get it together and fast. We were also hoping to drive down in August, but since that’s highly unlikely holding onto December.

Just starting to book for the 3rd week of Nov, the quiet week between Remembrance Day and American Thanksgiving. Already reserved our hotel, and are starting to look at flights. We have 5 day hopper passes with maxipass that we got on the "Canadian at Par" sale well over a year ago. According to Disney, we have until Dec 31 2021 to use them, and if there are park restrictions we "supposed to be" are on the priority list for park access. We will see as we get closer to the departure date. The nice part is if this trip falls through, Disney will honour the park passes at the US value for future trips (in essence they are worth the full value until used)

I would love to book something and start a count down...but the reality of it right now is that there are still too many unknowns.

BUT

I have two - three trips in the back of my mind.

1- Our 50th birthday celebration trip. Sitting under a palm tree with nice warm sand under my bu tt and a beverage in my hand. I really don't want to spend my 50th birthday freezing my bu tt off in the middle of January AGAIN!!!! So I have a short list of resorts that I will book a trip to the minute we hear of travel restrictions being lifted. I have sent my list of resorts to any family members who may want to join us for our birthday celebration trip!!!!!

2- Florida Disney/Universal trip. This is a graduation gift for our youngest ( as well as celebration for older DS who has worked hard and picked a trade he wants to do as well as put enough hours in to do year 1 & 2 in the same year to be a second year electrician ) I have a loose plan in my head of how I want it to look and how we would piece it together using all our different points that we collect.

3-Nascar race weekend!!! I would love to surprise DH with a trip to Nascar for his actual 50 b-day. Our plan had been to go last fall, so maybe late fall we night be able to go. This I don't have any loose plans for. I don't even know where I would start for planning that. Too many unknowns right now for me to even try. I would love to go the fall Vegas one but that race is Sept 26. I really don't see restrictions lifted much before that. So I have a feeling we will miss out of this season of Nascar. Maybe the 2022 race year? Then we could do Daytona, as well as a little Disney/Universal with the boys.

I still have 2 non-expiring 5 day Disney tickets. I have been saving those for a Mom/Daughter trip. So that trip is always in the back of my mind as well.

So many plans, but so much depends right now on travel restrictions, and vaccinations. My gut tells me travel restrictions will be lifted sometime in the fall. Once those who wish to vaccinate get their second shots and the number of active cases goes down.

Our health minister here in BC stated yesterday don't expect to travel internationally this summer, it won't happen. International travel probably won't start up again until at least October. Now, I don't know if he considers US travel international or not...but he's quite a buzzkill 😒

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to travel around BC and into AB this summer! We rented an rv and would love to be able to drive over to Banff and Jasper, if not we will keep to our own Province but it would be nice!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to travel around BC and into AB this summer! We rented an rv and would love to be able to drive over to Banff and Jasper, if not we will keep to our own Province but it would be nice!
Yes, if we don’t get to travel internationally, again this summer I have a couple of local trips in mind. Harrison Hot Springs, Whistler...

Yes, if we don’t get to travel internationally, again this summer I have a couple of local trips in mind. Harrison Hot Springs, Whistler...

Harrison Hot Springs is on our list as well!

Also, did you know there is a Kangaroo Farm in Kelowna?????

Hoping to go over to Victoria for a couple of nights at the end of June (assuming travel around BC will be welcomed by then, which we think it will be). The Surrey School district seems to end the school year earlier this year than most others so we thought that weekend would be a good time to go. Thinking of the Yukon for August, presuming they have once again dropped the quarantine for BC residents like they did last summer. November is the wild card. Disney Dream cruise booked but not hopeful on many fronts. Disneyland? Mexico? If all of those fall through maybe Whistler? Sigh. I'm hating all the 'maybes', can't wait until it's a given!

A little off topic, but are we able to apply for passports via the mail-in method yet? Has anyone done this recently?
I got my DDs passport via mail when it reopened last August. It was pretty quick turnaround. I need to apply for my other DDs as hers expires this fall. Thanks for the reminder !

A little off topic, but are we able to apply for passports via the mail-in method yet? Has anyone done this recently?

I believe you have been able to apply via mail for awhile. I need to do this for my son. I was waiting to be able to get his picture done.

I believe you have been able to apply via mail for awhile. I need to do this for my son. I was waiting to be able to get his picture done.
I saw someone getting a passport picture taken at Shoppers last night, check to see if any stores in your area are doing this again.

Same. Our son is turning 16 next month so DH wants to wait and just apply for an adult one. At least he'll apply by mail now (which he was against it 6 months ago). I hope the turn around isn't too long.

I was at Shoppers today and asked about passport pictures. The one near us does still take them so just check your local one.

I'll be honest, I was hoping kiddo would let me get him a haircut before we do the picture :D He has quite the messy mop on his head after 6? months with no haircut... but thanks, we'll check with Shoppers and Walmart.

Same. Our son is turning 16 next month so DH wants to wait and just apply for an adult one. At least he'll apply by mail now (which he was against it 6 months ago). I hope the turn around isn't too long.

I was at Shoppers today and asked about passport pictures. The one near us does still take them so just check your local one.

I sent my sons in last week. I will let you know ..

I sent my sons in last week. I will let you know ..

I was listening to a live podcast on the way home tonight and one of the things that came up regarding the Canada/USA border reopening, its now more likely that the US will want to keep the Canadians out due to our low vaccination. How the tables have turned :( They also mentioned that a group of Toronto doctors have written a letter to the Ont premier saying it’s a bad Idea to stretch the doses by 4 months. (Pfiezer doesn’t want to sign off on it)... I won’t get into the politics of it, but certainly hoping our country will get it together and fast. We were also hoping to drive down in August, but since that’s highly unlikely holding onto December.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-covid-19-vaccine-delay-risk-1.5939134

From the article:

Canada is now an outlier in the global vaccination rollout. No other country in the world has delayed second doses up to four months, and there is no evidence yet on the long-term effect it could have on immunity to COVID-19. Some scientists say we are venturing into uncharted waters. Others are comfortable with the risk.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-covid-19-vaccine-delay-risk-1.5939134

From the article:

Canada is now an outlier in the global vaccination rollout. No other country in the world has delayed second doses up to four months, and there is no evidence yet on the long-term effect it could have on immunity to COVID-19. Some scientists say we are venturing into uncharted waters. Others are comfortable with the risk.

I’m hoping once they get more vaccines that they will be shorten the time. Maybe more like 3 months? I know some scientists question it, but others think it’s fine based on what they know about other vaccines. They also have data on an interval of 3 months already.

Harrison Hot Springs is on our list as well!

Also, did you know there is a Kangaroo Farm in Kelowna?????
No way!!! Haven’t heard that! While in Harrison stop by the dairy farm on McCallum Rd! They make their own cheeses and icecream! So yummy.
We love staying at The Harrison Hot Springs Hotel. We always spend Mother’s Day there. It’s become a tradition with my daughters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter