Any Husbands here do all the planning?

*raises hand*

I'm the Disney fan extraordinaire (thanks to MY father) and the planner. My wife was kind enough to provide me with a child so I have another excuse to go back there (twice in the last year with my wife and son) more often :). She also puts up with my Disney fanaticism.

I also have been there enough that I pretty much have the park maps memorized. She is amazed at how I can get around like I lived there. :)

I was under pressure this last trip as the in-laws (her parents and her sister's family) came along and I helped them plan as well. (I let the sister-in-law plan as much as they wanted on their own after my advice) ..

It was a short, but fun trip! They all commented how they could just see it in my face how WDW was my "happy place"!

Now to plan a trip for MY side of the family.

I have done the planning for several years now. However, last year my wife secretly planned a Disney World vacation for my 60th birthday. She did a great job. Everything was fantastic. Now I do most of the planning, but my lovely wife knows dining reservations we are seeking and fast passes we want to tweak and is constantly on the lookout. We love our Disney vacations.

Kudos to all of you dads, husbands that do the planning. It doesn't happen in my household but he does all the driving and along the way I just tell him what's on the day's agenda and he follows happily.:dog: Pays for all my souvenirs and buys me what I want. So, I'll give him credit for that. Once we get there, I close my eyes and relax. That counts for something.:groom:

Last edited:
I do all the planning. I have since our second trip. I ask for a little input from my wife and kids but 95% of the planning is done by myself.

I do it all, other than asking for suggestions for meals and FP's. My wife thinks I'm crazy spending that much time and effort to plan things 8-10 months out. That is until we get to the parks, then she is singing a different tune.

Another dad here that does all the planning!!! DW planned our first trip and she made all the first timer mistakes so I took over. Once I found the DIS it was all over. My next trip is only with DD and we will be loaded down with extra MBs and we are going to ride until we drop. DW and DS were slowing us down.

Hmm sounds like an episode of Everyone Loves Raymond...

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

Sorry meant to post this on this forum instead of DVC forum.
I do all the planning for our WDW vacations........for my wife and I its usually just us, so I make the outline...and my wife and I review/add the details. I also get the ADR's and the FP's based on a discussion with my wife.

Hey..........I'm doing most of the hard work o_O.............and I wouldn't haven't it any other way :P. Can ya spot the control freak. :rolleyes1...........but my wife does put me in my place when I get outta control :-)

Doug :goofy:

I'm the husband with the DisBoards account plus all of my frequent hotel and airline points so the decisions are in my hands. :)

My wife plans out the rest of our year and keeps the household organized. I take care of the research and planning for our vacations, Disney or otherwise.

I generally see it as my role to take on the stress of getting the trip planned out so the rest of the family can enjoy a smooth vacation. This past summer with FP+ was interesting, but we made the best of it.

I dont think my husband would ever want that responsibility but he has become very knowledgeable about all things disney so im sure he COULD plan if he wanted to. Its pretty easy since we stay at the same resort and basically have the same routine each time. But he still has alot of input and opinions as to what he wants to do but he trusts me to take care of all the details (aka "ahhh i would rather not risk screwing things up and making you mad"). I should also add that disney planning is like a hobby for me, I absolutely love it and would rather plan myself.

Oh yeah! my husband came up with the idea to go, when to go, how long to go for, where to stay, what food plan, what air line, where we are going to be eating, what we will be seeing and everything else!:p he's a MASTER planner!:worship:OF COURSE I have to have MY say it this thing but we agree on everything together and can't wait!

I do it. My wife would go bonkers like so many others forced into planning servitude.

Bless all you folks that post in a frenzy because that's my wife if she had to do the planning.

Main Man here too. Trip 1 I was a kid along for the ride. DW thought I was crazy for all the time spent planning trip 2, her first. By the time we left she was hooked. Little over a month until trip 3 for myself, this time going QS Dining so not as much planning required. Love staying on property and using Disney transportation. Allows for some relaxing for me too.

I did have to laugh at the push up bra add while I was catching up on this thread.

Like most of the other husbands that have responded that they are the planners, I am as well as to all of our vacations. I like the response that said his wife calls it "focused". My wife is less politically correct and just calls it my OCD or says that if she planned it, I would just nitpick to death any itinerary. Either way though, I have always planned the trips. I do get input from my wife and my son (although he doesn't know about the trips in advance, we just ask him "so next time is there anything new you want to try") but then I research each of the ideas on here, tripadvisor, and other Disney sites before we do it.

Now, thankfully my wife does all of the packing. I would be lost if that was left to me. Also, my son would probably not have clothes for each day, etc.!

I think planning really is part of the fun... okay maybe I am nuts... Wouldn't have it any other way!

Im with you on the packing!!! When It comes to planning Im in charge, when it comes to packing.... That's all my Wife. If I packed I would end up with only a backkpack for the whole week

Main planning man here too! I plan all our trips, make orginal reservations, of course we talk about where we want to eat, etc before I make a reservation. She may have to call and revise some of our reservations, different time, etc if we change our minds but I do most of it. If the DW would do the planning, she would have know last December about the surprise Anniversary Cake I ordered for her at Trails End! After we left she told me that she didn't even know Disney made special cakes! LOL

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

Sorry meant to post this on this forum instead of DVC forum.

all me man. I run things by her and she gives the input we need and I carry it out. I'm the one who is used to the system now and I know how to contact the people we know now to get things squared away if we are having a harder time. my wife doesn't mind. she never really complaint about anything. I guess we both plan it out but I just book everything up and take care of the logistics.

no big deal. I like it. we travel with my buddy's family at least once a year also and he does the same so we like texting back and forth for those last few months before trips to get it all worked out together.

yep, I do all the planning--flight, hotel, tickets, etc. for not just Disney but all our vacations. Usually it's not just our immediate family, but extended family as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter