• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any local AP's able to book FP+ without a room?

PlutoLuvr

KORT RORP/ERS AULS TKPWET T LA*S WORD :)
Hi :wave2:

We're in FL, semi local (two hours away) and annual passholders. We've got several trips soon to the Orlando area, but we aren't staying onsite. We're also able to do day trips, but have hesitant to with this rollout of FP+.

Have any locals/annual passholders, who do not have a stay associated with their MDE account, been able to book any FP selections? I thought I've read in the last few Mickey Monitors that passholders will be getting magic bands, but maybe I'm confused?

My husband is trying to right now. We have our AP's registered, but do have a couple night resort stay booked for MLK weekend. The system won't let him book before the weekend, but looks like he can book anytime after the resort stay??? Never mind the whole page just fritzed and shut him down. So who knows!

Diabolically - he wanted to go ahead and book fastpasses for every day possible just because he could although we won't be at the parks - just to show a severe flaw in the system. Of course we wouldn't, but the idea that things can get booked up and people not show blocking people out of that day is just crazy. Of course folks could always just NOT show up, but booking so far in advance really opens that up to a new level of crazy possibility.

I'm still anti micromanagement of my vacations, but we'll see how it goes next weekend...

Ok - he was just able to book something for after our check out and anytime after. He can't book anything prior to our resort stay next weekend. He tried for a time for tomorrow and it said nothing available. Our AP's are attached to the bands.

Looks like you have to have the Magic Band and to get that you have to have a resort stay - to register all that stuff online.

Hi :wave2:

We're in FL, semi local (two hours away) and annual passholders. We've got several trips soon to the Orlando area, but we aren't staying onsite. We're also able to do day trips, but have hesitant to with this rollout of FP+.

Have any locals/annual passholders, who do not have a stay associated with their MDE account, been able to book any FP selections? I thought I've read in the last few Mickey Monitors that passholders will be getting magic bands, but maybe I'm confused?

Eventually, AP holders will have the ability to prebook without staying onsite. But for now, you must have an onsite stay to receive a MagicBand. AP holders staying offsite cannot prebook FP+ at this time. You can currently make same-day FP+ reservations at AK and will be able to do the same as of January 14 at MK.

Many thanks, Ladies! This is what I'd figured, but our passes are up for renewal in a few weeks. We may wait a few months to renew, until the dust settles to see how the new system will affect our vacations.

The idea of having to stand in a line at a kiosk upon park entering to try and make FP selections doesn't sound too appealing to me. Also, with the new CC requirement on TS meals, I'd feel more comfortable being able to book all of my plans in one shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter