Any room for a Disney anniversary PJ/TR in this forum? :) NEW ANNIVERSARY PICS PAGE 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite memories is for our 10th we went to HDD and dh got to play one of the characters (no not the ballerina) A number of my family were with me on that trip.

ALso on that trip my mom watched my ds and my sister's dd. My sister and her husband got dressed up and went to V&A. We never even changed we went to the Japanese restaurant had dinner and had a cake. Then went to the MK and got to see the haunted mansion at midnight. That is what I love about DW to each his own.

This year my sister's family is againn meeting up with us and they are doing a segway tour with my family. We still haven't decided on what special place we want to go for dinner but we will in the next couple of weeks.

Out of the 4 kids (2 boys for me and 2 girls for her) they are celebrating 2 college and 1 high school graduation and my other neice will graduate high school next year)

I also loved meeting you in your pictures! DH and I eloped to Disney 10 years ago and we celebrated our seventh with a couple only trip to WDW which was very romantic! On the way home, we discussed the possibility of a VR at WDW for our tenth and we just got back from that trip.:lovestruc We had 30 guests come along with us for a magical vow renewal day!! I haven't started my TR yet because I only have a couple of pics so far! I can't wait to see what you will plan!!!

Reading about the two of you put me in such a good mood this morning. I loved all the pictures... it's obvious you both love to have fun. I can't wait to hear all about the trip you're planning!

myprincessgirllisa-

Awesome pics! It looks like you had a great time and you make a beautiful couple! Thanks for sharing!

awe thanks

i love your pictures too...you guys look adorable!!!!

i think you should have a TON of fun planning your anniversary trip!!!

oh..i removed the pics so you can use this for your pj/tr;)

(Update:See Bottom of Page 1 for the beginning of PJ!) :lovestruc I did have an awesome Disney honeymoon in 2003 and now DH and I are planning on celebrating our 5th anniversary at WDW this fall!:yay: I have been lurking on here trying to decide if I should plan and create a pre-trip report (it seems silly to me that anyone would want to it read it, but hey, I enjoy reading other stranger's reports!). So, is this an ok place to start or is this truly brides/honeymooners only? (although I do feel like my wedding was just yesterday!!!)

welcome.... I would love to hear ypour plans and all about your trip. I will be a re bride(?) we are pplanning a VR for our 20th in 2010, but spend alot of vacations at disney and enjoy it!our family sometimes wonders how after so many trips but we do....:goodvibes

Hello all, Just wanted to say that the OP of this great thread is my wife. :woohoo: So I just want to say that I am also excited about our anniversary trip and hope to plan some things that won't be on a "pre-trip report" for our time at Disney. I really want to have some cool surprises up my sleeve, so if there are any creative husbands who would like to share there creative ideas please personal message me or e-mail me so my wife won't have any idea what I am doing. I love you, Stacey! So happy posting everyone and I promise that I will post the ideas I come up with for all the world to see after our vacation!

So this is really fun- it is like making lots of new friends really quickly!

One of my favorite memories is for our 10th we went to HDD and dh got to play one of the characters (no not the ballerina) A number of my family were with me on that trip.

ALso on that trip my mom watched my ds and my sister's dd. My sister and her husband got dressed up and went to V&A. We never even changed we went to the Japanese restaurant had dinner and had a cake. Then went to the MK and got to see the haunted mansion at midnight. That is what I love about DW to each his own.

This year my sister's family is againn meeting up with us and they are doing a segway tour with my family. We still haven't decided on what special place we want to go for dinner but we will in the next couple of weeks.

Out of the 4 kids (2 boys for me and 2 girls for her) they are celebrating 2 college and 1 high school graduation and my other neice will graduate high school next year)

lol... glad your husband didn't play the ballerina at HDD! Although my DH has been in the Indiana Jones Stunt show so many times, he would probably be the balerina just to be up front! Thanks for sharing!

I also loved meeting you in your pictures! DH and I eloped to Disney 10 years ago and we celebrated our seventh with a couple only trip to WDW which was very romantic! On the way home, we discussed the possibility of a VR at WDW for our tenth and we just got back from that trip.:lovestruc We had 30 guests come along with us for a magical vow renewal day!! I haven't started my TR yet because I only have a couple of pics so far! I can't wait to see what you will plan!!!

Wow! 30 guests? Thats great! I look forward to seeing your TR and pics!!!

Reading about the two of you put me in such a good mood this morning. I loved all the pictures... it's obvious you both love to have fun. I can't wait to hear all about the trip you're planning!

Awww...thanks! I need to scoot on over and read your PJ next :goodvibes

awe thanks

i love your pictures too...you guys look adorable!!!!

i think you should have a TON of fun planning your anniversary trip!!!

oh..i removed the pics so you can use this for your pj/tr;)

well, that was very nice of you, but you did have great pics! I am happy to share this thread with anyone who is/will be celebrating an anniversary :lovestruc

welcome.... I would love to hear ypour plans and all about your trip. I will be a re bride(?) we are pplanning a VR for our 20th in 2010, but spend alot of vacations at disney and enjoy it!our family sometimes wonders how after so many trips but we do....:goodvibes

Yeah, I think some people must think we are sitting on an inheritance or something to be able to go back so often in the last 5 years, but you learn how to be thrifty and make it work when you are so obsessed with going back! :rotfl2:

Hello all, Just wanted to say that the OP of this great thread is my wife. :woohoo: So I just want to say that I am also excited about our anniversary trip and hope to plan some things that won't be on a "pre-trip report" for our time at Disney. I really want to have some cool surprises up my sleeve, so if there are any creative husbands who would like to share there creative ideas please personal message me or e-mail me so my wife won't have any idea what I am doing. I love you, Stacey! So happy posting everyone and I promise that I will post the ideas I come up with for all the world to see after our vacation!

Wow, you have really brushed up on your Disboards knowledge! I didn't know you would know what OP meant!!! :rotfl: Thanks for your sweet words, but, seriously, no more reading on here- how can I plan with you checking up on me?!? :rolleyes1 I love you, too! And this little guy just makes me laugh: :tiptoe:

But I'm starting my own thread that you can't look at!:mickeyjum So I have to say I love these little moving faces, very funny::cool1: :moped: :disrocks: :hippie: :hippie: :lmao: :lmao: I love you and I am off this page.

WELCOME and congrats!!!! :cool1: i can't wait to read this tr,:thumbsup2 we are going back for our 1 year anniversary in feb. so maybe I can get some ideas fr you!!! your picts are great you guys make a cute couple!! can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

oh and I so know what you are saying about being addicted to the disboards! I found these while planning my wedding and have been addicted ever since... I keep reading to keep up on whats going on with people then start reading new ones and get readdicted!!!:rolleyes1

I feel really blessed to have a husband that enjoys really celebrating our anniversary. Of course, I am equally blessed that he loves Disney World as much as I do! Today was our day off so I took some time to really think about some creative ideas of how to celebrate while we're in the world this Sept. I really want to do something special that is unique to us (I love the ideas of carriage rides, etc, but I am hoping to plan something he'll never expect and since he is disboards fanatic- its hard!) and I think my creative juices are finally flowing... when I get a few more things solidified I will definitely get them posted.

Reading all the PJs and TRs on the weddings and honeymoons forum has really made me sentimental and got me to thinking of this time 5 years ago when I was planning our wedding! I LOVED all the planning and we had nearly a perfect day when October 11 finally rolled around. I have has several moments of wishing I were planning all over again in the past 5 years (especially that first year- it is hard to get out of planning mode!) because well, it is just lots of fun to celebrate with all the people you love! And who doesn't like making things as romantic as possible? I told myself that when each big anniversary (every 5 years) came up that I would allow myself to be that way again and really do all kinds of things to make the day (or in this case, the trip) special. And again, I have to say I am lucky because DH feels the same way! So, please humor me as I go back into "bride-mode" to celebrate our first 5 years. :lovestruc I have to say, it is really awesome to have the ability to plan a trip and just enjoy remembering these last 5 years of marriage and 2 years of dating/engagement. The difference from 5-7 years ago and now is that we appreciate each other more and love each other in a way that you just can't until you go through the good and the bad, the exciting and the mundane, and the no vacation years and the "yeah, we're headed back to WDW!" years. I know that to a lot of people 5 years is not long, but with how busy life can be, I hope DH and I will always take time to celebrate- especially when it can be at Disney World! Let me just interject here- DH and I by no means live a perfect fairytale life or anything (reading back over this, I realized I could sound a little like my head is in the clouds)- we just really are glad to have each other and we value the fact that we are committed for life. We have fun, romantic moments, but we also fight over who left crumbs on the table and who made us late for appointments, etc... no, we're not perfect, we're just happy to be together!

So, have I been mushy and sentimental enough for everyone?!?! :love: I am actually not usually like that, but seeing all of your awesome wedding plans and TRs really got me going!!!! It is so fun to see all the pics and excitement (and of course, all the drama :rotfl:

So, since I have turned this into my 5th anniversary PJ, I thought it would be fitting to add some pics and and explanations of our past anniversaries! I don't have pics from each year because (this makes me feel old) we didn't have a digital camera when we first were married. There, I said it... the pics I have are regular old wal-mart prints. You can tell by my files when the first digital camera showed up because suddenly in my Mac there are a ton of memories!

So, anywho...
1st Year:
My BF (who was also my MoH) and I planned a huge scavenger hunt all over the city that ended with DH finding me at the Cheesecake Factory for our favorite dessert. At the restaurant, I felt a cold coming on so I decided to take a benadryl (I know... what was I thinking?). I had planned Ice Skating (our mall has a rink) afterwards and by one lap around, I fell asleep on DH's shoulder-mid-skate! Needless to say, that night was little anti-climatic. But, we both had fun and it was a great memory!

2nd Year:
We knew we were planning a December trip to WDW, so we saved our money for that and DH planned dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. He got terribly sick and we had to leave right before the show started (we think it was something he ate in France at Epcot earlier in the day. So we headed back to CBR and slept for several hours. He was feeling better later and decided he could walk me to the food court since I was starving. On our way there, the sickness hit again and he began to... "lose his lunch" again just as people were filing on to their balconies for Epcot's fireworks. Yeah... they got a show they hadn't bargained for! I felt so bad for DH! Someguy yelled at us, "If you can't hold your liquor, don't drink! We've got kids here!" I was like, geez, give us a break!!! People DO get sick from other things. So... again, not exactly the day we had planned. But, he was better by the next day and we were happy campers again. But, we did have dinner on the date of our 2nd anniversary and we took this pic...

IM000017-1.jpg

3rd Year:
The next year, we headed back to Nashville (where we attended college and where we had our wedding) to visit friends and family. DH planned a whole day that basically "re-lived" our wedding day. It was awesome (YAY! no sicknesses). Here is a pic we took at the church we got married in (no professional photographers this time, just a self-portrait)...

PhilipandIvacation2006035-1.jpg

4th Year:
It was definitely my turn to make the plans, so I made us a day of memories. Without DH knowing, I had previously asked both sets of our parents to write us a letter explaining in detail how they met, how they got engaged, what their wedding was like and which anniversary has been their favorite (its nice to have this on record and I think our parents had fun doing this). We started the day by eating at a place that DH's parents got engaged at... I explained how their engagement led to us getting together. The we spend the afternoon at a fav coffee shop looking through our college year books and old pics from when we met. Then we headed back to church into the sanctuary where DH proposed to me (you should have seen proposal night-it was about 1,000 candles in there!). The sanctuary we got engaged in was about to be gutted/changed because we had built a new one, so we watched our engagement video and took some pics since it wouldn't be there much longer. Then we headed back to our house and I made the dinner my parents had at their rehearsal dinner (again... that event led to this one...) and we watched our wedding video and looked at pics. It was such a fun day! DH said it was his favorite anniversary so far. Here is a pic in the sanctuary that is no longer there...

DSC01566_2-1.jpg

Ok, well this post is SOOOO LOOOONG! You would think I am planning an actual wedding! Well, thanks if you have read this long. It is just fun for me to recap... Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories-its been fun getting to think about mine!

That wasn't long at all! You have five years to report about! I'd say you did it as briefly as possible. I'm actually impressed.

And I loved reading about all the years (I wanted to yell at that guy who yelled at you!), and I loved seeing all the pictures.

It makes me think, I hope I'm there in five years!

That wasn't long at all! You have five years to report about! I'd say you did it as briefly as possible. I'm actually impressed.

And I loved reading about all the years (I wanted to yell at that guy who yelled at you!), and I loved seeing all the pictures.

It makes me think, I hope I'm there in five years!

Thanks for reading it all! I thought I must be rambling, but I guess I did get alot into a few paragraphs! I am still amazed 5 years goes by so fast. Its like you wait forever for the wedding day to arrive and then time really starts moving. I hope everything continues to go well with your planning! ::yes::

You two are adorable!!!! I figured out who your husband looks like..he reminds me of Blake Lewis!!!

You two are adorable!!!! I figured out who your husband looks like..he reminds me of Blake Lewis!!!

Thanks! lol he gets told he looks like Blake Lewis all the time- especially during that season of AI. I was completely happy with it since I was (and still am) quite the Blake fan (I think I had a little crush on Blake-it must be the resemblance)! :rolleyes1

Hey you have a great thread going so far! I hope I'm not hijacking but I have a few questions for you! hehe. DFi and I are getting married in October and honeymooning at Disney cause that's where we met... and we're staying at Caribbean Beach. How did you enjoy that resort? Also, how was your experience honeymooning at Disney in October? Any info you can give me would be great, you can PM if you want! Congratulation on 5 years and have a great time on your anniversary!

Heidi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter