Any SWA experience out of Islip or BWI

MOMTOMOOTOO

<font color=blue>The people in Shop Rite would not
We usually fly out of Newark but fares are way up there!! SWA has a good package price out of Islip or BWI. Please share your experience. We will be traveling w/ 3 small kids.

Thanks

While we haven't flown SWA, we've flown Delta out of Islip many times and wish we could fly from there ALL the time! This airport is a pleasure- it never seems crowded, compact terminal, parking couldn't be easier, very hassle-free.

I have had two connecting flights out of BWI, both pretty easy.
I have friends that have flown out of ISLIP on SWA and they loved it. Really easy to get around. Personally, I would rather drive to Islip than BWI, Baltimore is a real pain. Makes the LIE look like a day in the park. :)

I have flown Southwest out of BWI & had a very good experience. A friend just got back from a round trip flight in & out of BWI - just about everyone had to take off their shoes.

We always fly SW out of Islip and it has always been a great experience. If you have small children they let you board first and they are always running on time. The flight attendants are teriffic, and I would not hesitate to recommend SW from Islip.

I have use SW out of Islip-absolutely wonderful. Tha airport is tiny, but extremely efficient. I have also used SW out of BWI. This is a much larger airport (it honestly FEELS bigger than Newark-I don't know if it actually is), but again I had no problems on SW. There may be one thing to consider...in case of cancelled flights or delays, you may be better off at BWI because there are much more flights leaving more often and if there is a problem, you'll probably get out of there faster.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Pick the one that's closer to you.

We fly out of ISP using SWA on most of our trips. I really love this airport! The entire processing time seems so much shorter than when we have to fly from NYC. A few times a year we fly from ISP to BWI and BWI although much larger than ISP has always been pleasant also. If you have a choice though, go with ISP!

Personally, I would rather drive to Islip than BWI, Baltimore is a real pain. Makes the LIE look like a day in the park.

I'm with you, I would also! That drive gives me nightmares! LIE on the other hand...well I guess I'm just used to it, thanks for the chuckle:)

ISP is a great airport BUT it's a long haul from NJ. You might try JetBlue out of JFK.

Just returned on Southwest out of Islip. No problems. I would suggest not following suggestions on website on when to arrive. With new security in place, lines are long and slow moving. Leave yourself about 2 hours to check in if you want to get in the A group.

We have used SWA out of Islip 3 times and the only problem is there is no assigned seating until you check in. Islip is very convenient. We have been going to Disney out of Islip for about 7 years. If you have small children they let you on the plane first. Ours are 8, 13, and 15 so we make sure we get to the airport early so we aren't the last ones on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter