Any way to (legitimately) sell a Run Disney bib?

TeaNaP

Earning My Ears
It's getting very close now to Wine and Dine, and I really don't think the US borders will reopen to non-US citizens travelling from Europe until 2022, or at least very late 2021. I'm coming to the conclusion that it is unlikely that I will get to Disney this year and be able to run the W &D :-( :-( I'm really disappointed.

Anyway, on a practical note- is there any way to legitimately sell on a bib for the race? Disney say no refunds and non transferable....

Thanks.

It's getting very close now to Wine and Dine, and I really don't think the US borders will reopen to non-US citizens travelling from Europe until 2022, or at least very late 2021. I'm coming to the conclusion that it is unlikely that I will get to Disney this year and be able to run the W &D :-( :-( I'm really disappointed.

Anyway, on a practical note- is there any way to legitimately sell on a bib for the race? Disney say no refunds and non transferable....

Thanks.

The short answer is no.

Your only real legitimate option is to contact RunDisney when it becomes official that you will not be allowed into the country and ask them for a refund. You could try reaching out now, but I think you’ll have better luck closer to the race date when travel restrictions are more official.

Thanks.

The long answer is no too. Disney does not allow bibs to be sold or transferred to someone else. In your specific case, as @camaker said above, you might have luck requesting a refund once the travel window closes. Alternatively, you could ask them to convert your registration from the in-person races to the virtual ones. They might be willing to do that now because of the uncertainty surrounding travel restrictions.

While the PPs are right, officially no, COVID is a unique situation. I'd be prepared to eat the cost but at the same time Disney has been very liberal with their cruise refund policies so maybe rD will make some exceptions.

I would email RD about this and I wouldn't necessarily wait until it becomes official that travel is locked down for the race weekend. I know they're normally very strict about refunds but this is an unprecedented situation.

In certain situations they may transfer/defer your bib to a different race. I've heard of them doing that for people who were injured or could not make the race they signed up for. I think in this situation they would be prepared to do that for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter