Anyone at an UK University?

Today I had an email asking for a university accreditation letter - which already gave them on the day of the interview :S
Must be a good sign that they're asking for it though! lol
Yess! It is very nice to know who I am talking to!
You heard anything?
x

Not yet! they sure like to keep us hanging on dont they?!? at least we should her from them in the next 7 days cos they said 2-3 weeks and its 2 weeks today! feels like yesterday we were in liverpool dont it!? can u believe it was 2 weeks ago?! x

I GOT A JOB THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! I start on the 3rd June and and working in Merchandise! woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you hear from them soon!!!!
x

Well done!
Oh that will be so much fun!
Do you know exactly where you'll be working?

Yay!
:woohoo:

Thanks! No they didnt say where i'd be working- really hope its in one of the parks tho! i'll be over there for like 10 weeks! :cool1: :cool1: He did say that roles like merchandise, you can put down for overtime in any other park etc because the system n stuff is the same so once you;ve had training you can work anywhere in the resort! woo!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I'm so excited! :woohoo:

Hey! I heard too! QS F&B though - I only put it down because they told us to on the day of the interviews :(
I'm not sure what to do.....

at least you'll still be there tho-imagine 10 weeks in Disneyworld-you'll get days off and can go on the excursions! and you could end up working in Pizza Planet or something like that! what date you down to go out on? x

Well done you guys!
20 whole weeks!
Are you just working for the summer?
Have a fab time!

I'd fly 3rd june and come back 15 aug! tis so exciting!!!!! i really cant wait!! the accom looks great! I cant wait to find out where were actually working!

Hve u accepted yours then Sarah?

x

hey Jayne.... i have done the international summer program twice now and in my first summer did merchandise and 2nd summer operations. IF you have any questions about merchandise i can try to answer them!

also if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask!

hi there I'm studying in Edinburgh and have just started my final year. That brings the dreaded dissertation and numerous essays (they start to count for something now!) and many a late nights studying.

To be fair the dissertation is pretty good, the key is finding a topic that interests you and motivates you for the whole year.

hey Jayne.... i have done the international summer program twice now and in my first summer did merchandise and 2nd summer operations. IF you have any questions about merchandise i can try to answer them!

also if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask!

How many hours did you work on merch? were they really daft hours? what excursions did you get the chance to go on? it'll be weird being away from home that long! whats the accomm like?? (just a few questions there - bet you wish you'd never offered! lol! :rotfl: )

x

dont worry i love talking about it!!!
number of hours totally depends on your location. In merchandise you work well after the park has closed, re stocking, cleaning the store for the next morning etc. you might get to help with counting the money. Also, its unbeleiveable the number of people who stay after park closing to shop. I worked on hollywood blvd at the studios. The largest and main store (mickeys of hollywood) stayed open the latest. on days where everything shut at 10pm, people were still in the store at midnight!! For me, most of my shifts were 4pmish-1amish, and when the park is open till 1am for EMH, we leave at 2.30am.

Hope you are not in magic kingdom merch! i knew alotta people working there till 5am alot of the time. 70+ hour weeks! I was probably on 45/50 hours a week.

i'm probably not probably not painting a good picture about it, but it really will be the best time of your life, you just have to be prepared to work!

i didnt go on any escursions, but at the end of my 2007 summer i went to vegas, grand canyon and los angeles. In 2006 i went to clear water a couple of times.

the accomodation is nice. There are 3 complexes, soon to be 4 when the new one opens in the summer. I was placed in Vista Way both summers, which is the oldest and largest (houses 2500 people). But it has everything you need, pools, jacuzzis, gym (not that i went!). It is also known as the more socialbe/loud/party/less boring complex!

wow you guys! Sound slike the experience of a lifetime!
Tell me more when you have more details!
I am thinking about doing it one summer, can you give me any advice?

Thanks!

stal - It sounds so good! did you feel homesick at all? Vista Way seems a lil bit too loud for me! lol!!! u got any pics you can post?? its so exciting.

Sarah - Its cool that your accepting too! it'll be great! I'll have already been out there 2 weeks i think when you come out! woo! we'll have to meet up! lol!!!! Apparently we dont find out where we're working till we're out there! bummer! lol!

wishspirit - i think you should go for it! what year u in at uni?

xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter