Anyone else ever been Family of the Day?

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
On our most recent trip, we were upgraded to club level at the Contemporary for being Family of the Day.

It was a great bit of pixie dust and we really enjoyed the lounge (the slightly fancier shampoos, etc., and turn down service were also nice touches).

We wondered whether our selection was totally random as we've stayed at deluxe resorts many times but have never booked club level (we're teatollers who enjoy having a couple of sit down meals a day, so we never thought it was worth the extra expense). So we suspected that being upgraded, was perhaps, a deliberate attempt to get us hooked on it for future trips. But when we asked a CM at the resort whether our being selected was totally random, we were informed that it was.

We were FOTD on our YC stay. We had a standard CL room booked, but were upgraded to water view and there were some other goodies throughout our stay. It was awesome!

Veering off topic, buuut: has anyone been FOTD without children... so, couples?

How have I never heard of this? Is it something all the resorts do? Do they choose a family daily? Weekly?

FOD 2 times here, both times at the Yacht Club. The first time I dropped my kids and dad (his first Disney trip since 1971) at the door and by the time I walked in they had given my dad the balloons :welcome:, he was totally shocked, they upgraded us to club level with a great view and balcony. The second time it was my daughter, my sister and my niece for a short 2 night stay, they put us in the turret room and gave us club level. Both trips werre off season and we arrived before lunch. THis is what I love about Disney, surprises - both big and small always make our trips magical.pixiedust:pixiedust: By the way, both my daughter and I teared up quite a bit when we realized that was happening.

So is FOD selected through the resort you are staying?

Last edited:
On our most recent trip, we were upgraded to club level at the Contemporary for being Family of the Day.

It was a great bit of pixie dust and we really enjoyed the lounge (the slightly fancier shampoos, etc., and turn down service were also nice touches).

We wondered whether our selection was totally random as we've stayed at deluxe resorts many times but have never booked club level (we're teatollers who enjoy having a couple of sit down meals a day, so we never thought it was worth the extra expense). So we suspected that being upgraded, was perhaps, a deliberate attempt to get us hooked on it for future trips. But when we asked a CM at the resort whether our being selected was totally random, we were informed that it was.

We just got back from our trip to the Contemporary Resort ( see my trip report). We were selected as Family of the Day as well and since we were already paying for a room club level with MK View ( 12th floor) - we were actually upgraded to the Presidential Suite on the 14th Floor.
It was AWESOME and the kids are spoiled for life.

Veering off topic, buuut: has anyone been FOTD without children... so, couples?

Not FOTD, but my husband and I got upgraded to Contemporary club level when we were visiting for our honeymoon, so I know that part isn't just a family thing. Although I'm sure there fact that we were celebrating probably had something to do with it.

We got fotd at the contemporary. Upgraded to hospitality suite. It was huge. Very nice surprise. We did have kids. Got there at 6:00.

We were FOTD last week at the YC and was upgraded to CL - great room with balcony and straight on view of the lake and BW. It was amazing and so unexpected.

Have stayed on property only twice, once at Caribbean Beach, and once at All Star Music. Both times we were chosen as family of the day. At All Star Music, we were upgraded to a family suite in the Calypso section. At Caribbean Beach, we were upgraded to a pirate room. We have a stay coming up at Pop Century, we are joking to ourselves about what we are going to be upgraded to there when we are chosen...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter