Anyone else have this issue with room ready?

E

eeyoresmom

Checked into BWV yesterday and once again we were not notified when our room was ready. We had to go to the desk and ask if they would check and sure enough it was. Same thing happened in Feb at AKV and last year at OKW so I know it isn't a BW issue.when I was checking in and the cm asked if I wanted to be notified by text or voicemail I explained that I never got the text on the last 2 visits she set it up for voicemail, but still no notification.

YES. Happened to us twice at OKW and once at BWV. Once, after going to the desk and finally getting our room number at 5:00pm, I received the text at 9:30pm! Ridiculous. When I get a Disney survey (almost every trip) I always mention this issue. If you can, respond to a survey or email guest relations, and let them know. That's the only way to get Disney's attention. The desk CMs seem clueless.

We always ask to be notified via text....and do receive the message....but we're usually in a park so I have no idea if the room was in fact ready prior to being notified

Same here -- it's been the past two years and primarily at BWV. Good point to enter the issue on the Disney surveys. Admittedly I usually forget about it by that point!

I definitely will report it in the survey. We would have had a much more comfortable day had we been able to access our room even a little bit earlier. On a positive note, luggage was waiting just inside the doorway,( we used ME), so we didn't have to wait for that.

When I stayed at BWV last year, I received the text with the room # around 3:00pm.

Our notifications never happened either until we switched to texts.

:earsboy: Bill

Yep

No notification. Had to ask the past couple visits. One time we waited until 5pm ( after several CM told us the room was not ready) only to be told later that the room had been ready for sometime ... :confused:

In March we had a room switch. The first room akl value I got the text. The second room 3 days later at AKL concierge, no text. We were not at an attraction that would prevent the text.

On other trips I would say its 50/50 chance to get text. Could it be that the housekeeping is not contacting the computer when a room is ready?

Checked into BWV yesterday and once again we were not notified when our room was ready. We had to go to the desk and ask if they would check and sure enough it was. Same thing happened in Feb at AKV and last year at OKW so I know it isn't a BW issue.when I was checking in and the cm asked if I wanted to be notified by text or voicemail I explained that I never got the text on the last 2 visits she set it up for voicemail, but still no notification.

Fortunately, this has only happened once-so far. One time at AKV, I went back to the desk at 4:30, because my room still wasn't ready. They said I should have gotten the text. While walking to the room, it came in. Once at BCV, we never heard, so we checked the desk at 5:00. Turns out our room still wasn't ready so they gave us a room that was.

I was suppost to receive a call the first time I used the system - a couple of years ago.
Keep calling the resort to check on the room, got the room number on one of the calls, we were settled into the room for over two hours before the call came through to tell us the room was ready. Have not had a problem since, I complained, maybe too loudly about this :stir:, and that my name is on a list somewhere to not have this happen again.

I've had the opposite problem...believe it or not!!! We checked into Kidani around 11ish. We had moved over from BWV for our last two nights. I knew our villa wouldn't be ready yet..and it wasn't. No problem. We headed off to a park. Around 3 or so, we returned to the resort. Figured we could relax there. Now, when I went up to the desk to see if our villa was, by any chance, ready, I listened to people checking in...and they were getting into rooms!!! So, when I get up to the desk and found that no, my room wasn't ready yet, I did ask how it was that I had checked in at 11 and here it was, over 4 hrs later, and my room still wasn't ready, but others just arriving at the resort were good to go. I was told that there was no way to know when particular villas would be ready. So now, of course, my phone was starting to run out of battery power. I went off in search of an outlet to plug it in...found one. About 10 mins later, the text came....room 1234 was ready!! So, up we go. We were with another couple, heading to a one bedroom villa. Well, when we got to our villa, we found a sign, stating that 'we apologize for the inconvenience, but this room is being prepared for the next guest'!! Um, okay? So, dh stuck his room key in, knocked and opened the door. Well....there was the housekeeper, sitting on the couch, broom on the floor, watching TV!!! Really. She jumps up, all flustered and says, and I quote....'Oh, thank you so much for knocking. I'm almost done here....I'm just hanging around until my shift is over!!!! Almost done.' She flew out the door. Now.....there was trash on the little table at the end of the sofa. There were tissues on the master floor. The toilet didn't flush properly. I was horrified that our friends had to see such behaviour. I have to wonder now how long this housekeeper was spending in each room!!! Just killing time. No wonder it took so long to get into our room.

And to make matters worse? When I stopped at the front desk to mention this? No one really seemed to care!!! Even more appalled. They just said, 'We apologize for that, and will look into it.' And they took the next person in line.
You can be sure that I sent an email off as soon as we got home. And I did receive a phone call and was able to discuss the situation.

Now? I'm just happy to get any notice of my room being ready. I seem to get notification about 50% of the time. Other times I have to either call them or head to the front desk.

Fortunately, this has only happened once-so far. One time at AKV, I went back to the desk at 4:30, because my room still wasn't ready. They said I should have gotten the text. While walking to the room, it came in. Once at BCV, we never heard, so we checked the desk at 5:00. Turns out our room still wasn't ready so they gave us a room that was.

This happened to us during our trip this past September, we were staying at BLT. We went to the front desk (in CR) around 5pm and they said that they had sent the text out earlier but we never received it. It wasn't until we were already in the room that the text was finally sent over. Fortunately this was the only time that it has happened to us, however, I am not saying that won't happen again but I can sure hope for the best :goodvibes.

I've had the opposite problem...believe it or not!!! We checked into Kidani around 11ish. We had moved over from BWV for our last two nights. I knew our villa wouldn't be ready yet..and it wasn't. No problem. We headed off to a park. Around 3 or so, we returned to the resort. Figured we could relax there. Now, when I went up to the desk to see if our villa was, by any chance, ready, I listened to people checking in...and they were getting into rooms!!! So, when I get up to the desk and found that no, my room wasn't ready yet, I did ask how it was that I had checked in at 11 and here it was, over 4 hrs later, and my room still wasn't ready, but others just arriving at the resort were good to go. I was told that there was no way to know when particular villas would be ready. So now, of course, my phone was starting to run out of battery power. I went off in search of an outlet to plug it in...found one. About 10 mins later, the text came....room 1234 was ready!! So, up we go. We were with another couple, heading to a one bedroom villa. Well, when we got to our villa, we found a sign, stating that 'we apologize for the inconvenience, but this room is being prepared for the next guest'!! Um, okay? So, dh stuck his room key in, knocked and opened the door. Well....there was the housekeeper, sitting on the couch, broom on the floor, watching TV!!! Really. She jumps up, all flustered and says, and I quote....'Oh, thank you so much for knocking. I'm almost done here....I'm just hanging around until my shift is over!!!! Almost done.' She flew out the door. Now.....there was trash on the little table at the end of the sofa. There were tissues on the master floor. The toilet didn't flush properly. I was horrified that our friends had to see such behaviour. I have to wonder now how long this housekeeper was spending in each room!!! Just killing time. No wonder it took so long to get into our room.

And to make matters worse? When I stopped at the front desk to mention this? No one really seemed to care!!! Even more appalled. They just said, 'We apologize for that, and will look into it.' And they took the next person in line.
You can be sure that I sent an email off as soon as we got home. And I did receive a phone call and was able to discuss the situation.

Now? I'm just happy to get any notice of my room being ready. I seem to get notification about 50% of the time. Other times I have to either call them or head to the front desk.

:scared1:

I'm sorry that you and your friends had to see that, I would be so embarrassed if we were taking friends for the first time and they had to see what you saw....talk about a first impression :sad2:.

Saratoga in September and October, Boardwalk in December, Saratoga again in February. 4 for 4 on getting the text message. We use AT&T, get an LTE signal all over property.

It is not an issue of not having enough signal to receive the text, I was texting my kids all day. They are not sending the texts.

Last 2 years at Bay Lake, No Text. Go check at 5:00 pm and sure enough it's ready. Last time they said oh we just texted you that it was ready. And sure they did after I asked if it was ready.

Its been hit or miss for us with the txt. We pretty much act as if they will not send a txt and keep asking at the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter