Anyone else heading to Aulani in December?!!

Thank you CinderPamela for pointing me to the link! Great information!

Your welcome Disney Jewel!

I just added another article link to the first post... it has loads of holiday events and meals listed. Hope that helps everyones planning!

Will be at aulani for annual christmas stay. Will be there 12/23 - 12/26.
Let's put together a meet for a night by the hot chocolate and cookie station. I hope they are still doing it as they have the past 2 years. Anyone game?

Love the idea Frank808!!! We should look at an evening when the most Dis'ers are there....maybe the 23rd? Wont work for the early December folks... and DisneyJewel doesnt arrive till the 29th so we might need a second one...

What does everyone think of a quick DIS meet over hot cocoa and Christmas cookies?!

Frank808, is the Hot Cocoa station usually set up in the lobby area? Was it just up until Christmas, or did they keep it up until New Years?

So excited! We are heading to Aulani in under 6 weeks! :cool1: We will be there 12/22-12/31. It will be myself, my DH, and 2 DDs (15 and 10) :goodvibes

Thanks twoprincessmommy, I added you & your family. Our DIS December Aulani list is getting bigger and our countdown is getting closer and closer!! Yipee!!:santa:

Moving twice during our 5 nighy stay. I wish there is a thread here we can post dates and room views that we can trade to avoid moving around during the trip.

Moving twice during our 5 nighy stay. I wish there is a thread here we can post dates and room views that we can trade to avoid moving around during the trip.

Keep checking the website... there has been a lot of movement. We were going to have to move rooms/categorys twice during our stay and as things changed I was able to cut it down to only one move during our stay.

I'd like to officially open the December visits to Aulani by announcing that we checked in today!! We did not get much of a chance to explore before it got dark and started to rain but what we've seen so far is amazing. We ordered the roast chicken family meal from private dining and it was delish. We got exactly my room request as well so we are excited for the week ahead!!!

Can you check in 10 days prior to arrival like you do at WDW?

Can you check in 10 days prior to arrival like you do at WDW?

Last time we went I did the online check in through the DVC website. I don't know how much of an advantage it was for us though as I also checked in at the frontdesk.

I really wanted to be sure to talk with someone about my room requests. I was glad I did because the CM at the front desk was able to honor my request for highest floor (we had poolview category on that trip so highest floor was the 5th floor). He didn't say what our original room assignment was but thanks to him we did wind up getting a 5th floor room with the added bonus of a great view of the pool and ocean.

Last time we went I did the online check in through the DVC website. I don't know how much of an advantage it was for us though as I also checked in at the frontdesk.

I really wanted to be sure to talk with someone about my room requests. I was glad I did because the CM at the front desk was able to honor my request for highest floor (we had poolview category on that trip so highest floor was the 5th floor). He didn't say what our original room assignment was but thanks to him we did wind up getting a 5th floor room with the added bonus of a great view of the pool and ocean.

Thank you!

We're heading to Aulani Dec 25-27th (Me and DH- N365PA). We live in Alaska and the airfare was super cheap, so we're heading down for just the two days. We get in around 8:30pm Dec 25th and we leave around 10pm Dec 27th. We're looking forward to a white Christmas and a Hawaiian Christmas all in the same day!

We're heading to Aulani Dec 25-27th (Me and DH- N365PA). We live in Alaska and the airfare was super cheap, so we're heading down for just the two days. We get in around 8:30pm Dec 25th and we leave around 10pm Dec 27th. We're looking forward to a white Christmas and a Hawaiian Christmas all in the same day!

Thanks hamm1207... that is an amazingly quick trip, how fun that you can just pick up and go for a couple of days! I don't know that I would be strong enough to leave so quickly, but a couple days in Hawaii is better than no days in Hawaii.:thumbsup2

Starting to get very excited! My kids don't even know yet. 2PrincessMommy, my daughters are 15 and 10 and we will be there at the same time. Maybe we will see you! Anything special you are planning to do with them, since they are older? I am thinking about the Teen Spa.

Disney Jewel,

We are super excited and counting the final days till we arrive...11 to go!! We are staying 5 days in Waikiki before we head to Aulani. We are mostly looking forward to relaxing. We are traveling with our very close friends and family so the girls will have their friends with them which should keep them entertained for a while :) I have scheduled the girls surf lessons with Hawaiian Fire. My teenager wants to go to the spa with her BFF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter