Anyone else tracking the price of their future cruise?

Girl of the South

DIS Veteran
I am booked for a January Western Caribbean cruise on January 29th, 2022. Thought I was a little silly to book a year in advance as I am very flexible with travel plans. But I did. I have been checking the price of the cabin (Fantasy, 4B, murphy bed, 2 people) and it has just now increased by $750. So I'm glad I booked early. Has anyone else been tracking prices???

We booked our first Alaska cruise for May 2022 about a month ago and the price for the same room ( Verandah) is already 1,000 more, so like you, I'm glad we booked early :smickey:

I have NEVER been sorry pricewise for booking early. You also get the benefit of getting a much wider selection of rooms. Every single Disney cruise I’ve ever taken has gone up in price, some dramatically. The one exception was a Bermuda cruise taken in late September which is not a very popular time of year. That cruise, the price remained mostly flat but it certainly didn’t go down. The one that had the craziest price increase was a 2018 five day Europe cruise; it literally doubled in price.

Looks our category (07A) for our May 2022 Alaska cruise is no longer available on the website and the 06's just 2 doors down are about $1250 more than what we paid. So yep, glad I booked when I did.

Psy

Isn't it common knowledge to book as early as you can with Disney? The only possible benefit would be some of the Guaranteed Rooms where there is a discount but zero ability to choose what you get.

I had looked at switching something and the price was up like $1k for a December '21 cruise on that specific cruise.

I will check sometimes, but not nearly as much as I used to. We usually do the 7-day E. Carib, and honestly, the fares never seem to go up *that* much after opening day. Of course, that’s a milk-run itinerary with rooms in plentiful supply year-round.

I will check sometimes, but not nearly as much as I used to. We usually do the 7-day E. Carib, and honestly, the fares never seem to go up *that* much after opening day. Of course, that’s a milk-run itinerary with rooms in plentiful supply year-round.

Same here. The fares on the cruises I take tend not to vary, very much

I am not one to jump on cruises the minute the window opens. Not even sure what the first day to book my cruise was? And I understand the supply in demand and mostly the price of the cruise will rise the closer it gets to the departure date. But January 29th is 9 months away. And it's an odd time, not school holidays, so I was surprised to see it go up that much, this far out. Speaks to the pent-up demand!

Has anyone ever seen the price DROP by a few hundred bucks? Wondering if people have been signing up for future cruises thinking their (for example) September cruise may be cancelled? And if enough people cancel because it was mostly just for 'insurance' . . will the price drop???

We used to sail all of the time when our kids were little- I would always book a year out as it gave me time to plan and also proved some cost savings. We took a break for sometime for DCL when my kids were older and did other things like Iceland, Europe and Hawaii. Now we just had a surprise baby and it seems we are back to DCL! On a whim, I decided to book the EBTA for next year last month when it opened for platnium- the cruise has already gone up $500. I feel like it is only going to increase given that there seems to be pent up demand... So glad we booked early!

I was on the EBTA in 2018! Really enjoyed it. My only take away is that there aren't a lot of inside spaces to just sit and read a book, or whatever. No more Library. And the coffee place was always packed. The weather wasn't bad but it was cool and breezy. You would really have to bundle up to sit on an open deck. That left your cabin or the various seating around the atrium. I took all the cooking classes and read 6 books. Glad I brought them as there were no bookstores in the ports and I'm not a big fan of books on Kindle. I am SO ready to go somewhere that I probably would have booked the cruise anyway, no matter the cost, just downgraded to a smaller cabin on a lower deck perhaps?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter