Anyone Else's College NOT allow Gaming in Dorms?

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
My DS loves to play computer games online esp. Star Wars Galaxies, but it seems his college has blocked the ports to allow gaming, itunes downloads, movie downloads etc..
Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

Some of his friends are at State Colleges and they are allowed to game :confused3
He's not a partier, he's a gamer! Seems he can't find anyone else just yet, that will even play cards or a board game to pass some time (they are all going out for cocktails), He's read ahead in all his classes, joined the pre-law and gov't club, read two books of choice in a week and a half, and now he's bored.
Thanks for letting me vent!

Wow, I feel so bad for him! I don't know what my DS would do if he couldn't play Halo- they actually have a "Gaming Guild" at his school (he joined the first week!) Last weekend 40 kids met in the computer lab and played against eachother for 3 hours, he said it was a blast! With all the partying that goes on at schools these days, they should all be offering a safer alternative. Not to suggest that your DS goes against the rules, but I'm pretty sure my DS would find a way around that block (he's a CS major!).

has he tried e-mailing computer services to see if the school actually blocked it? maybe its just something on his computer? I'm very computer illiterate so I'm not sure.
Other than that I can only suggest that he look closer into the clubs on campus. There must be a group formed for this. I would be very suprised if there wasn't.

Yes, he has talked with computer services. They say they are having network problems, but it doesn't seem to be so for anything else right now. Just no games or downloads etc. I think it is a "blocking the ports issue", because some other students said he was going to have a problem with games because it does clog the system. :confused3 He's just hoping one of these days soon it will work if they get things squared away with the network.

DisneyFreak43 I agree with you on the alternative free time for kids that don't party. Star Wars Galaxies is a big part of his life, it comes in second to studying for him, not only does it relax him it takes his mind off school. He also does Kung FU and is in 2 clubs, at school.

Megster So far doesn't seem to be a gaming club, he was hoping to start one, but he's losing hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter