Anyone had experiences visiting National parks with ecv?

freemore

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone had experiences visiting national parks with an ecv? I'm thinking some of the trails may be too hilly or bumpy? I would appreciate any experiences you may have? Thanks

Yellowstone is very handicapped-accessible. It's really quite remarkable. Along the road from West Yellowstone to Madison Junction they've even built a spot where the walkway hangs out over the Madison river so you can flyfish from a wheelchair. Someday I will write a book about touring Yellowstone, and so I have been specifically looking at this very issue. I have arthritis that is slowly progressing so these types of things are important to me.

I have 2 kids in manual chairs and we have visited several National Parks without any problems. The youngest one is in the Junior Ranger Program and just got her badge from the battlefields in Georgia and Tenn.

What national parks are you interested in?
I don't use a ecv yet, but have trouble walking at times, and do like to visit national parks.
Did you know the disabled can get a lifetime admission permit for national parks? It's called the Golden Access Passport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter