• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone have good Hollywood and Vine experiences?

I booked it and we eat there next Saturday! I'll let you know what I think 😊

I like it. Its not a 5 star restaurant, but at a buffet, Ive never leave hungry, even if I only find a few things I like. Ther are PLENTY of opttions at H & V. The characters are definitely what makes it "Disney" I cant replace a great memory with a good steak.

We have also had 2 (out of 2) great H&V experiences. Once with Disney Jr crew and once with Mickey's gang. Agree that the character interactions are the best part, food is fine, but we are really going for the characters. I also find DHS brutally hot, so it is a good hour (and then some) of calm, air-conditioned goodness for us all to relax before we go back at it. Desserts are good too :) We went for lunch both times to break up the day and that definitely worked for us. Going slightly off peak lunch times (think we were late both times) meant the characters really hung around and since we weren't in a rush, a couple of them came twice.

We have a reservation for the fantasmic dinner with Minnie Halloween party. I hope it will be worth it. This will be our first time as a family at Disney.

Went to meet Santa Goofy on January 1st 2019 and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting bad food but it was comparable to other buffets and better than Chef Mickey imo. I’m dairy-free and loved their special brownie that I ordered.

we did the disney jr. breakfast on our trip in 2017 and it was great! my kids both enjoyed it and the food was absolutely fine. . . gourmet? of course not, but we were there to meet the disney jr. crew.

In september we booked Minnie's seasonal dine Fantasmic dinner package - i'm just excited about meeting the characters in their halloween finery :) hehe

It is now the place we eat EVERY TIME we are in Hollywood studios. The only character buffet where I've had better food is 1900 Park Fare, but H&V is definitely a close second. And the characters are so wonderful there.

I think the problem is that people on these boards have long memories. Someone who ate here 5 years ago (i.e., before they even offered Minnie's Holiday Dine, with its new character lineup and new menu) will complain. But it is just not the same restaurant experience any more. There is a similar post about Tony's with divided reviews depending on whether diner there and whether it had the new chef/menu or old chef menu. It goes in both directions too: I've noticed that in posts about O'hana, people who have eaten their recently complain about terrible food with cheaper ingredients than it used to be, and people who ate there a year ago or more swear by it. I think it definitely pays with Disney restaurants to look for recent feedback.

I am a picky eater, and like very basic things. I find plenty to eat here for dinner. And the kids section is good, too! The character interaction is great, and I like that there is a definite pattern they follow. If I am on the dining plan I will book the Fantasmic package just in case I want the preferred seating since it is one credit eaither way.

Our Thanksgiving character dining in 2018 was excellent. Wait staff was infectiously cheerful and provided great customer service. The character interactions and wide variety of food options was perfect for our family with three kids. We totally longed for this place during our Thanksgiving experience in 2019 at DL.

Attachments

• IMG_20181122_153554322.jpg
    IMG_20181122_153554322.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4
On our last trip I warned our entire party of 8 that the food would be lousy but the characters would be great. Long story short, it was one of the best breakfasts of the trip. The food was hot and tasty and the line was really clean. The people cooking stopped to chat as they refilled bowls and recommended items. My dad thought the sausage gravy was some of the best he'd ever had - and he eats it everywhere. Lol

So my group thought I was crazy and Dad is still talking about that gravy months later. They all want to go back this Fall.

We love H & V. Good variety of food, good healthy options, great character interaction and attentive servers. ....and lots of desserts.

We love H & V. Good variety of food, good healthy options, great character interaction and attentive servers. ....and lots of desserts.
Not sure why Hollywood Studios in California doesn't have a second location of this restaurant. It is so perfect for families.

We enjoy it a lot. We always do the Disney junior breakfast and are looking forward to the Christmas dinner in just a few weeks.

I actually think they have some of the better dishes of the buffets and the characters are really cute.

we did the Seasonal Dine dinner last trip. character interaction was really good and we liked the food. The issue I have with H & V is the same with Chef Mickey; too many children that in my opinion are too young to be going to the buffet by themselves. food dropped all over the buffet tables, on the floor, dropping the serving utensils or not using them. leads a lot of chaos and unnecessary mess.

at a table near us was a somewhat creepy couple that had 2 dolls sitting on high chairs and with each character that came by asked the CM to take a picture with them holding the dolls with the character.

Last edited:
I've eaten there twice - one in Dec 2018 and once in Dec 2019. Food is good and works for our family. We went at the start of lunch this year after getting up super early to get a RoTR BG. I was toast by 11am. The server we had was a doll and had my much needed wine and coke (not combined) out to us right away. I got a few minutes of peace and quiet while my husband ushered the kids through the buffet. I do it as the Fantasmic package so, while expensive, I feel like I'm getting more than just food out of it (characters + VIP seating for Fantasmic).

We have never actually booked it but somehow we always end up there when we go to HS (usually not a super long wait) and have always enjoyed it. I mean the food is t gourmet or unique like some of the Disney places but it is a good buffet with good character interaction.

We did an EARLY dinner t think 4pm here this past Jan. . Just the wife and I 2 adults age 63+ and we had a ball. As crowd was small the Gang came by a couple of times and we had a goodtime. Daisey got embarrassed when I pointed out her tail feathers were showing. Food was far better than we had anticipated. As this is on list for seating at FANTASMIC we will likely go again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter